Morrissey's Cat - Morrissey Central

Simply to say that there's a photo of "Morrissey's cat" at Morrissey Central as Tweeted by Sam Etsy Rayner. Well that makes everything all right again. I like the cat but...... Morrisseycentral.com

42822_morrisseys_cat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my gosh, obfuscate, jeez, twice, had to look that up at merriam-webster's! and guess what, they even have a podcast on this pearl of a word, as it was "word of the day" in november 2016: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obfuscate
and with regard to words, i think that one cannot set the bar high enough.
someone mentioned you are from sweden, but you sound like a native english speaker.

Ok, I understand, you don’t
Ah come on now QQQ, of course it is, but I never said that cat was ugly! As for the song, it's what I call a half-shaved arse of a song. It's almost nice in that it's got a pleasing guitar part but then someone starts lowing that "theeeeeeeeeeeeeeere wiiiiiiill beeeeeeeeeeetc" line and ruins it. Basically one minute you're climbing Primrose Hill feeling carefree in the warm spring air and the next you're on the Archway escalator plunging into hell in an awful draught. (And here mr Boorer might even nod in total agreement for once, which is in itself quite scary.)

As for thanks...Weeeeelll..I suppose whoever posted a picture of a cat sitting pretty can be thanked for their diligence (not the stagecoach, once and for all this is not the wild wild west), at capoting.
What is capoting, you ask, QQQ, and fair question. Well it's a p.c. term for trolling, out of respect for what the Swedes call the littel peepel. And God knows those need all the respect they can get.

Of course capoting done by Sammy is different in that you can tell he's aiming to please and make you stay and smile and he thinks everything will be fine like you believe when in kindergarten. He participates in capoting but there's no bad intention on his part.
Whereas every capoting move his uncle makes is an evil manipulation designed to make you mistrust or actively dislike him, which sounds mad, but is the sorry truth. It may sound cute, put that way, but it really isn't. "Oh looook he just wants you to haaaaate him! So cuuuuute!" may have been said by a dangerous weirdo once somewhere but even Sammy's granny might find that a bit unnatural #come to think of it.

To sum up there's capoting and capoting, and just because Sammy's photographs of women are revoltingly shite, it doesn't mean that he ain't got some kind of soul. And if he has one he could probably pause and think about nourishing it. If you don't nourish your soul you end up rich and with everybody at your service. Is it really what you want Sam? Well I forgot to say you then have to capote around the clock and that people will tell your own nephew someday that there's every probability you're just a sad pseudo-evol unevolved old git.

That might make your own nephew shiver a bit...And wonder why. And he might sense, even if not super intuitive, that something is not right. If he's a bit sensitive he might wipe a tear...sigh, "Alas poor Unc!"

And then, just like that, there's a picture of a cat ...

So anyway: pictures of kitties.

https://www.boredpanda.com/evil-cats-demons-summoning-satan/

Ps. A Greek salad. And a Bulmers.

Ok, I understand, you don’t like the song.

Note; You are good with words.
And could propagate any other cause or argue against it.

In any case, there is some humour in your post. You are funny.
So I reckon you must be a white man of a certain age not aware of all his privileges. :rolleyes:

And, please enlighten me, what the f*** means capoting!? Would Truman Capote be proud if he knew the meaning?
It sounds very suspicious!
Thanks in advance.

Ok, I understand, you don’t like the song.

Note; You are good with words.
And could propagate any other cause or argue against it.

In any case, there is some humour in your post. You are funny.
So I reckon you must be a white man of a certain age not aware of all his privileges. :rolleyes:

And, please enlighten me, what the f*** means capoting!? Would Truman Capote be proud if he knew the meaning?
It sounds very suspicious!
Thanks in advance.

My dear Q, first let me thank you for your kind words, which I accept because I know they are true. I return the compliment. I enjoy reading your posts, which are always thoughtful and often funny. And, again, I hope for the best re/ your health.

I coined the term "capoting" after someone posted a picture of Truman Capote with the caption "in my days, trolling meant something" suggesting he was a trolling master and that people are crap at it now. This reputation must be due to the fact he once had Joyce Carol Oates for breakfast, claiming she wrote rude things on public toilet walls, perhaps implying by that she was a shitty writer. Whether that is true or not cannot be confirmed since George Michael is dead and I haven't read anything by her.
So Capote was not a very nice fellow. I read "In Cat Blood" and it's obvious that, besides being short and not good-looking, he had a few problems which prevented him from writing in the style of say, Enid Blyton.

You've guessed right. I'm a middle-aged man. Wouldn't call myself white though, at least not in the anglo-saxon sense. About privileges, well I do own a stud farm, but the studs never win anything so that's rather useless. I can't afford a cleaning lady/porter like some people and I will readily confess I am very jealous of those who can.
But perhaps you were hinting at health, and there it's true that so far I have had no major problem, although I do smoke and inhale pollution from cars and the occasional millionaire's yacht, so the big C might knock on my door someday but it might knock on the millionaire's door first and forget where I live. Although I am fully aware that smoking is a filthy habit, it would really help to have an employee that would suggest "Master, how about an orange instead?" everytime I crave a fag. There is no such person around.

I do enjoy a few Morrissey songs you know. But once a man has lost the ability to create a nice vocal melody, I think it's simply time to retire. We had Dagenham Dave, not on the low, loin, lawn but at full blast in our ears and that was a happy enough time and we are not expecting those days to ever return. We should be allowed to keep those good memories.

Again, best wishes regarding your health.

My dear Q, first let me thank you for your kind words, which I accept because I know they are true. I return the compliment. I enjoy reading your posts, which are always thoughtful and often funny. And, again, I hope for the best re/ your health.

I coined the term "capoting" after someone posted a picture of Truman Capote with the caption "in my days, trolling meant something" suggesting he was a trolling master and that people are crap at it now. This reputation must be due to the fact he once had Joyce Carol Oates for breakfast, claiming she wrote rude things on public toilet walls, perhaps implying by that she was a shitty writer. Whether that is true or not cannot be confirmed since George Michael is dead and I haven't read anything by her.
So Capote was not a very nice fellow. I read "In Cat Blood" and it's obvious that, besides being short and not good-looking, he had a few problems which prevented him from writing in the style of say, Enid Blyton.

You've guessed right. I'm a middle-aged man. Wouldn't call myself white though, at least not in the anglo-saxon sense. About privileges, well I do own a stud farm, but the studs never win anything so that's rather useless. I can't afford a cleaning lady/porter like some people and I will readily confess I am very jealous of those who can.
But perhaps you were hinting at health, and there it's true that so far I have had no major problem, although I do smoke and inhale pollution from cars and the occasional millionaire's yacht, so the big C might knock on my door someday but it might knock on the millionaire's door first and forget where I live. Although I am fully aware that smoking is a filthy habit, it would really help to have an employee that would suggest "Master, how about an orange instead?" everytime I crave a fag. There is no such person around.

I do enjoy a few Morrissey songs you know. But once a man has lost the ability to create a nice vocal melody, I think it's simply time to retire. We had Dagenham Dave, not on the low, loin, lawn but at full blast in our ears and that was a happy enough time and we are not expecting those days to ever return. We should be allowed to keep those good memories.

Again, best wishes regarding your health.

That is very kind of you and I had to smile again reading your post.
One thing though, you can stop smoking if you want. Every smoker can and shouldn’t be afraid but in stead be proud in fighting against that addiction. If t can stop smoking than anybody can, believe me. Not judging anyone who failed cause I know how difficult it is.

And it has been proven it diminishes the chances on the big “C”.
You’re still without it, I already was too late but stopping still has that many advantages, even when you are diagnosed with “C”.

I like your posts and although I haven’t given up on Moz and still like his recent songs I think I understand what you mean, as I really liked Dagenham Dave too, musically and it was very funny.

But I am not going to compare some of his great songs of the past with his songs now. I know many of his songs are growers and will gain more appreciation in time. It is a Moz quality you know, more than any other popular or rock music singer.

At least you are not that bitter and angry and only able to appreciate his songs from 30 years ago.

You don’t sound like the average troll on here. I don’t know even you would take it as a compliment or regard it as an insult but it was honestly meant as a compliment.

By the way, I also like Roy’s Keen and Satan Rejected My Soul.

Back
Top Bottom