Morrissey's Cat - Morrissey Central

Simply to say that there's a photo of "Morrissey's cat" at Morrissey Central as Tweeted by Sam Etsy Rayner. Well that makes everything all right again. I like the cat but...... Morrisseycentral.com

42822_morrisseys_cat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great Q.
That's the second best thing I heard all week.
The best thing is "By The Time I Get To Wherever I'm Going."
Hahaa!

God, I really like that song!
It is a classic Moz-song title and it is really very different as compared to whatever you want to compare it with!

I do like the upbeat tone and the somewhat nostalgic feelings it gave me.
As it seems to be from a time when so much music was great and different and varied.

Maybe this is a well known rant of an old man but I am not fooled, the quality of a lot of music nowadays is very, very low. Sorry millenials if I offend you but most of what I hear and see on YouTube and elsewhere, it is all crap.

i absolutely agree with you, quando, 98% is complete crap, but dont you think that somehow every aging generation has told so the younger generation? but then, nowadays i couldnt ever imagine to listen to 98 % of the music i was listening to as a teen and twen. it was all crap.

I’m with you there part way, Lanterns. I do think most music coming out is complete crap. But I do have to say that I’ve always had exceptional taste, even early on! :wink:

i absolutely agree with you, quando, 98% is complete crap, but dont you think that somehow every aging generation has told so the younger generation? but then, nowadays i couldnt ever imagine to listen to 98 % of the music i was listening to as a teen and twen. it was all crap.

You are spot on.
Every generation has it’s own music and great experiences as long as it doesn’t seem remotely like the music their parents loved, ha.

But due to the very fast developments and the internet the amount of music available now is unbelievable and incredible.

Unfortunately and mysteriously so, that available quantity seems to have a negative influence on the quality, imho.

And people tend to get very lazy and spoiled when that amount of music is just available with one click. Not able to get acquainted with it cause there are so many other important things too, you know.

I am not blaming them, how could I, as it is how it is now but wonder how much of the music really inspires them and touches them deeply.

You can say a lot about Moz but if there
ever was a singer who expressed very convincing and deeply his love for music and the enormous impact it had on him as a person, and as an artist I would like to know.

There must be some others but no one just was able to say and live it like Moz did.

And when it comes to his supposed arrogance, he sang in Oboe Concerto about his place in the queue and the rhythm of life going round and round.
I thought it was a very modest, touching, personal and insightful emotion and very contrary to his supposed arrogance (which to a great deal I really think is very funny and almost always selfmocking)

Still very curious about his songs and music and where it will go.
Maybe strange considering all the negative reactions he gets now but I am very hopeful and positive cause he is a true artist and he will use it in an artistic way. :thumb:

i can second that, quando.

good for you, twice...:wink:, so you havent wasted your time listening to all this crap. but then, when i think back, it didnt feel like that. what confuses me is, that i know people my age who still get excited by the music that i listened to as a teenager, decades later, and i wonder what happened to me emotionally which did obviously not happen to them. where and why did the path furcate? i'd really like to know. but then, it's not that important, like so many things in life.
Like me maybe you moved on and wonder how the hell people can find any kind of joy from life with all that is going on. We just scrape up the legs and arms and eyeballs of the victims and then it's time to dance to Avicii and then even he has the nerve to bail out on us.

I feel nothing in life is important and maybe that is the clue as to why I view people the way I do. I am clinically depressed and not even remarkably dressed but I'm real.

I believe time in prison would suit me better now.

Like me maybe you moved on and wonder how the hell people can find any kind of joy from life with all that is going on. We just scrape up the legs and arms and eyeballs of the victims and then it's time to dance to Avicii and then even he has the nerve to bail out on us.

I feel nothing in life is important and maybe that is the clue as to why I view people the way I do. I am clinically depressed and not even remarkably dressed but I'm real.

I honestly think you will be allright Urbanus, as you have idea’s. Lots of them. And fantasy. You don’t come across as someone who is actually bored sick in life. Even your idea about being in prison for (I hope) only a short time, is not something a really depressed person would think about.
I think that is good.

About the prison, please don’t supply the authorities any arguments to put you in jail.

I know most criminals are outside of it but I would not be surprised at all they would pick YOU up for some minor issue. Some guys have all the luck! :rolleyes:

i can second that, quando.

good for you, twice...:wink:, so you havent wasted your time listening to all this crap. but then, when i think back, it didnt feel like that. what confuses me is, that i know people my age who still get excited by the music that i listened to as a teenager, decades later, and i wonder what happened to me emotionally which did obviously not happen to them. where and why did the path furcate? i'd really like to know. but then, it's not that important, like so many things in life.

Furcate’s a mighty impressive word, Lanterns. Had to look that one up! My guess is that what happened to you is that you matured and evolved while they didn’t. I also imagine there’s a big dose of nostalgia for them,
listening to music that reminds them of a time when maybe they were happier and things were simpler, life was before them and full of possibilities. You strike me as someone who, although you may have ended up somewhere different than you thought you would when you were younger, has made deliberate choices through your life and are more accepting of yourself. You’re in a different place than you were then and your tastes have changed. Nothing wrong with refinement!

Are you confessing to a murder, Urbanus? What’s all this about scraping up legs and arms and eyeballs and that you need some time in prison?

I honestly think you will be allright Urbanus, as you have idea’s. Lots of them. And fantasy. You don’t come across as someone who is actually bored sick in life. Even your idea about being in prison for (I hope) only a short time, is not something a really depressed person would think about.
I think that is good.

About the prison, please don’t supply the authorities any arguments to put you in jail.

I know most criminals are outside of it but I would not be surprised at all they would pick YOU up for some minor issue. Some guys have all the luck! :rolleyes:
By now they must be monitoring my every move. I doubt even Breivik is as highly classified as me. The NSA are probably using a very strong beam to pick up anything I utter.

Glad I made that helmet!

images

Are you confessing to a murder, Urbanus? What’s all this about scraping up legs and arms and eyeballs and that you need some time in prison?
The Stockholm terror attack. I have a picture of 11 year old Ebba that I simply cannot post here. Or the raped and murdered body of Elin Krantz found under stones in Gothenburg.

Please don't google them!

Other than that, LOL.

so as not to sound too anancastic, let me just say that i hadnt made use of the word "furcate" before, so it was about time. "bifurcate" is awesome too. maybe i can get a chance to employ it meaningfully one day.
thanks for offering an answer to my dazed attempt at analyzing the relation between life and music. and you are absolutely right, i grew out of a crappy youth and adolescence into whatever there is today. the distance achieved is comforting but also unsettling. so nothing to feel nostalgic about. finding oneself a home in music is a continual process, i find.

Damn, Lanterns! Anancastic now, too? What did you spend the weekend with a thesaurus? I’m impressed and feel like I need to up my vocabulary game now when I’m writing you! You’re aware though that all these big words are likely to obfuscate some of our slower readers here?

SamSaaaam! You don't have to sell your kitty to the night! Those days are over. I know he's only here for damage control, but you must be aware it's only going to work on a limited number of cat fans. Some fussy pussy fans will find his breed too common to awww at, for example. All in all, you're left with a minuscule niche here. And even if your gran had a cute corgi puppy it wouldn't work for long. Welsh folks aren't that interesting.
Songs? You want to post unheard songs? To distract people? There again, er. It will work for as long as the song lasts, and all that most attentive listeners will remember afterwards is that your uncle seems to have mislaid his dentures.
Mind you (and here I rashly suppose you've seen "Pitch Perfect 3", which you must have, since it's full of babes in army uniforms), at this stage, even singing "Toxic" with mucho hip gyration wouldn't dizzy the enemy.

No, Sam. You're clearly struggling here so let me help you. I'm going to tell you what would put my mind off racism, facism and the rest of it. Because you never know, what works for me might actually work for the majority of human beings.

The secret, Sammy, is food.

Now, pay attention, not virtual food. A picture of a yummy sandwich will just make people angrier. No. Real food. Delivered to people's home.

You see, most people like eating. But many people find shopping for food, cooking and doing the dishes (what's a dishwasher, is it someone who gives gastro-enteritis to singers in Peru?) increasingly tiresome. It's also time-consuming, and we need to save time to gawk at your uncle making an arse of himself on the internet, I'm sure you'll agree. Remember, unlike you Sammy, we're not "always on holiday". Well most of us aren't.

So me personally, feed me and I forget everything. Of course it only lasts for about 4 hours, but that's better than any cat product on the market.

For instance, send me a few vegetarian enchiladas and my memory of "siempre fidel a ti" will be obliterated. A tupperware of bademjan and I'll stop remembering there's somebody of Persian persuasion out there who will "do anything", except, apparently, stage an intervention to save your uncle from ridicule. Not that that is feasible, so nobody is blaming her for not including old loopy fat cats in her rescue operations. (My advice, which should never be paid attention to, would be to let him wander the streets until he's found by another pet lover, someone caring, balanced, and with a penchant for the Arts, a bit like Nasim Aghdam was, really, that'd be ideal).

I'm all for veggie food but it has to be tasty and varied. If I eat the same thing twice in a year I become very very moody indeed.

For lunch today I quite fancy a curry. Nothing too spacey, spacey is rarely satisfying. Please refrain from sending the usual hairdresser, it's not hygienic to let those touch food. Your uncle must cough up hairballs at regular intervals, mustn't he? And they thought it was cancer...

But you absolutely can send the Mayor of London. Like the curry I might "have him on the low". Well that just means I'll just warm him up at low temperature, but who knows, it could lead to romance if he's not disgusted by me (as you would be Sammy, the reason why you still bother being that you haven't seen a picture. You take after your uncle in that respect. Unfortunately, conversely, I've seen too many pictures of him to allow me to forget he's a dumbed-down version of Mussolini, minus the ability to speak Italian and make decent pasta (was right next to Pigneto so could have had confirmation easily, but decided not to bother. Some facts really need not be checked.)

Well I hope this will help Sam as I sensed you were getting a bit desperate. Perhaps that's a strong word...Disappointed maybe? Like when the pizza guy gets the wrong address or in your case the chick at the counter refuses to pose with a large burrito or even a large burro (not that I ever checked those bodyguards' I.Q so your uncle might call that prejudice. He's well skilled in spotting that, prejudice.)

I'm getting peckish so that's it from me. If you're looking for a cake idea well I love black forest (it's not code to say I'm a lesbian. I just love that cake.) It may be a bit nazi though but as long as I don't hear it say "heil liver!" I'll just ignore that. Maybe your uncle will love it too if you hide a stormfront stripper in it. Great birthday idea. Don't tell him you found it on this site.

I'm off. You know where I live. Make sure that food gets here. Oh and two light ales please. Weight is not an issue, people love me as I am, or they don't. Well they don't but they don't love anybody anyway, except their own self loathing and I've never let that ruin my meals. :ha-no: Unlike some die-hard fans who shall remain nameless, poor underfed babies...

Ps, say hi to granny for me. Nice stove. probably not big enough to burn small people in though, that's a shame. (And the room could be definitely improved with a touch of WW2 memorabilia...but I understand those things are expensive for an old lady of slender means.)

SamSaaaam! You don't have to sell your kitty to the night! Those days are over. I know he's only here for damage control, but you must be aware it's only going to work on a limited number of cat fans. Some fussy pussy fans will find his breed too common to awww at, for example. All in all, you're left with a minuscule niche here. And even if your gran had a cute corgi puppy it wouldn't work for long. Welsh folks aren't that interesting.
Songs? You want to post unheard songs? To distract people? There again, er. It will work for as long as the song lasts, and all that most attentive listeners will remember afterwards is that your uncle seems to have mislaid his dentures.
Mind you (and here I rashly suppose you've seen "Pitch Perfect 3", which you must have, since it's full of babes in army uniforms), at this stage, even singing "Toxic" with mucho hip gyration wouldn't dizzy the enemy.

No, Sam. You're clearly struggling here so let me help you. I'm going to tell you what would put my mind off racism, facism and the rest of it. Because you never know, what works for me might actually work for the majority of human beings.

The secret, Sammy, is food.

Now, pay attention, not virtual food. A picture of a yummy sandwich will just make people angrier. No. Real food. Delivered to people's home.

You see, most people like eating. But many people find shopping for food, cooking and doing the dishes (what's a dishwasher, is it someone who gives gastro-enteritis to singers in Peru?) increasingly tiresome. It's also time-consuming, and we need to save time to gawk at your uncle making an arse of himself on the internet, I'm sure you'll agree. Remember, unlike you Sammy, we're not "always on holiday". Well most of us aren't.

So me personally, feed me and I forget everything. Of course it only lasts for about 4 hours, but that's better than any cat product on the market.

For instance, send me a few vegetarian enchiladas and my memory of "siempre fidel a ti" will be obliterated. A tupperware of bademjan and I'll stop remembering there's somebody of Persian persuasion out there who will "do anything", except, apparently, stage an intervention to save your uncle from ridicule. Not that that is feasible, so nobody is blaming her for not including old loopy fat cats in her rescue operations. (My advice, which should never be paid attention to, would be to let him wander the streets until he's found by another pet lover, someone caring, balanced, and with a penchant for the Arts, a bit like Nasim Aghdam was, really, that'd be ideal).

I'm all for veggie food but it has to be tasty and varied. If I eat the same thing twice in a year I become very very moody indeed.

For lunch today I quite fancy a curry. Nothing too spacey, spacey is rarely satisfying. Please refrain from sending the usual hairdresser, it's not hygienic to let those touch food. Your uncle must cough up hairballs at regular intervals, mustn't he? And they thought it was cancer...

But you absolutely can send the Mayor of London. Like the curry I might "have him on the low". Well that just means I'll just warm him up at low temperature, but who knows, it could lead to romance if he's not disgusted by me (as you would be Sammy, the reason why you still bother being that you haven't seen a picture. You take after your uncle in that respect. Unfortunately, conversely, I've seen too many pictures of him to allow me to forget he's a dumbed-down version of Mussolini, minus the ability to speak Italian and make decent pasta (was right next to Pigneto so could have had confirmation easily, but decided not to bother. Some facts really need not be checked.)

Well I hope this will help Sam as I sensed you were getting a bit desperate. Perhaps that's a strong word...Disappointed maybe? Like when the pizza guy gets the wrong address or in your case the chick at the counter refuses to pose with a large burrito or even a large burro (not that I ever checked those bodyguards' I.Q so your uncle might call that prejudice. He's well skilled in spotting that, prejudice.)

I'm getting peckish so that's it from me. If you're looking for a cake idea well I love black forest (it's not code to say I'm a lesbian. I just love that cake.) It may be a bit nazi though but as long as I don't hear it say "heil liver!" I'll just ignore that. Maybe your uncle will love it too if you hide a stormfront stripper in it. Great birthday idea. Don't tell him you found it on this site.

I'm off. You know where I live. Make sure that food gets here. Oh and two light ales please. Weight is not an issue, people love me as I am, or they don't. Well they don't but they don't love anybody anyway, except their own self loathing and I've never let that ruin my meals. :ha-no: Unlike some die-hard fans who shall remain nameless, poor underfed babies...

Ps, say hi to granny for me. Nice stove. probably not big enough to burn small people in though, that's a shame. (And the room could be definitely improved with a touch of WW2 memorabilia...but I understand those things are expensive for an old lady of slender means.)

Nonsense.
Wonderful, beautiful cat.
Great song too!
Thanks Sam and Moz. :)

Nonsense.
Wonderful, beautiful cat.
Great song too!
Thanks Sam and Moz. :)

Ah come on now QQQ, of course it is, but I never said that cat was ugly! As for the song, it's what I call a half-shaved arse of a song. It's almost nice in that it's got a pleasing guitar part but then someone starts lowing that "theeeeeeeeeeeeeeere wiiiiiiill beeeeeeeeeeetc" line and ruins it. Basically one minute you're climbing Primrose Hill feeling carefree in the warm spring air and the next you're on the Archway escalator plunging into hell in an awful draught. (And here mr Boorer might even nod in total agreement for once, which is in itself quite scary.)

As for thanks...Weeeeelll..I suppose whoever posted a picture of a cat sitting pretty can be thanked for their diligence (not the stagecoach, once and for all this is not the wild wild west), at capoting.
What is capoting, you ask, QQQ, and fair question. Well it's a p.c. term for trolling, out of respect for what the Swedes call the littel peepel. And God knows those need all the respect they can get.

Of course capoting done by Sammy is different in that you can tell he's aiming to please and make you stay and smile and he thinks everything will be fine like you believe when in kindergarten. He participates in capoting but there's no bad intention on his part.
Whereas every capoting move his uncle makes is an evil manipulation designed to make you mistrust or actively dislike him, which sounds mad, but is the sorry truth. It may sound cute, put that way, but it really isn't. "Oh looook he just wants you to haaaaate him! So cuuuuute!" may have been said by a dangerous weirdo once somewhere but even Sammy's granny might find that a bit unnatural #come to think of it.

To sum up there's capoting and capoting, and just because Sammy's photographs of women are revoltingly shite, it doesn't mean that he ain't got some kind of soul. And if he has one he could probably pause and think about nourishing it. If you don't nourish your soul you end up rich and with everybody at your service. Is it really what you want Sam? Well I forgot to say you then have to capote around the clock and that people will tell your own nephew someday that there's every probability you're just a sad pseudo-evol unevolved old git.

That might make your own nephew shiver a bit...And wonder why. And he might sense, even if not super intuitive, that something is not right. If he's a bit sensitive he might wipe a tear...sigh, "Alas poor Unc!"

And then, just like that, there's a picture of a cat ...

So anyway: pictures of kitties.

https://www.boredpanda.com/evil-cats-demons-summoning-satan/

Ps. A Greek salad. And a Bulmers.

my gosh, obfuscate, jeez, twice, had to look that up at merriam-webster's! and guess what, they even have a podcast on this pearl of a word, as it was "word of the day" in november 2016: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obfuscate
and with regard to words, i think that one cannot set the bar high enough.
someone mentioned you are from sweden, but you sound like a native english speaker.
Actually, that’s how I learned obfuscate through their word of the day! And my grandfather is Swedish so I’ve got the genes but I’m an American girl?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom