Morrissey's best delivery?

Fulham Road Lights

Ill-adjusted
What would you say is the song which features Morrissey's best vocal performance? Plenty of contenders obviously, but I think I'd have to go for 'You've Got Everything Now'. It perfectly captures his early wail, I absolutely love his vocal tone throughout the entire first Smiths album tbh.

Dear God Please Help Me

A hugely underrated song anyway but his vocals on this track are stunning - it's the most genuinely emotional he's sounded for years.

Now My Heart Is Full, My Love Life, Coma, You were good in your time. Morrissey is a crooner.

Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning. Hands down. Why is there even a discussion?

Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning. Hands down. Why is there even a discussion?

That's a beauty. But is he really singing? :)

That's a beauty. But is he really singing? :)

Whatever it is he does, I love it. Isn't that vocal performance just the embodiment of beauty?

Whatever it is he does, I love it. Isn't that vocal performance just the embodiment of beauty?

It's really amazing and beautiful. But I really like it when he belches out these rich, powerful croonings like NMHIF etc...

It's really amazing and beautiful. But I really like it when he belches out these rich, powerful croonings like NMHIF etc...

At least the beginning of NMHIF, to the "Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt" line, is equal to LSGD but really, the latter is superior. LSGD, especially the second verse, kills me every time. No one can ever sing as beautifully as this. Morrissey has really outdone himself on this one.

i know its a cover but i love the recording of cosmic dancer,i think he sings it so well because its a favourite of his

From back in the day "Please Please Please..." takes some beating.

More recently, I think "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" is extraordinary.

I too simply adore that song. I can't pick a fave, it depends whichemotion needs releasing at any one time.

Suffer Little Children, Wonderful women, Well I wonder and when he sings "Send me the pillow the one that you dream on........and I'll send you mine" on Some Girls still stop time and make life so much harder once the music stops.

Last edited:
From back in the day "Please Please Please..." takes some beating.

More recently, I think "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" is extraordinary.

Oh, you're right too! I'd also say I have forgiven Jesus, Come back to Camden, Trouble loves me...too many songs, I give up.

Come Back To Camden is so stunningly delivered, it must surely be one of his greatest songs. It even stacks up against I Know It's Over. Need I say more?

Back
Top Bottom