morrisseys band members on tour?

jessicamozfan

i got kind of curious about morrisseys band members, particularly the drummer and trombone player. ive been kind of out of the loop. but anyone know where i can find more info about them? thank you. :)

thank you.

hm matt walkers wikipedia isnt written :confused:

weird when I went to it it has a pic and says.

Matt Walker (drummer)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Smashing Pumpkins on their 1997 Grammy afterparty. Matt is on the right.Matt Walker was a drummer for Filter and The Smashing Pumpkins. Walker filled in as drummer for The Smashing Pumpkins when founding drummer Jimmy Chamberlin was fired after a heroin overdose. He finished the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness tour with the band (1996 - 1997) and all of their dates up until the beginning of the Adore tour; this includes their television appearance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien where they played the song "Muzzle". Walker also recorded the song "The End is the Beginning is the End" with the band on the official Batman and Robin movie soundtrack, as well as the demos and early recordings of Adore. Despite this, he never secured himself as a permanent member of the band and moved on with his own musical projects, including performing on ex-Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha's solo album Let It Come Down.[1] In 1998, Walker was asked to tour with the Pumpkins throughout the band's Adore world tour, but he declined. Matt was replaced by John Mellencamp's drummer, Kenny Aronoff, for the following tour. Walker did, however, play with the Pumpkins again at their final show on December 2, 2000 when he played percussion on an alternate version of the song "Muzzle" and drums on "1979", while the original drummer Jimmy Chamberlin played acoustic guitar.

Matt went on to other collaborative efforts in The Cupcakes[2] and Ashtar Command.[3]

He co-created Impossible Recording Machine with Jim Dinou.[4]

In 2005, he performed on various songs on Garbage's album, Bleed Like Me, and toured with Billy Corgan promoting TheFutureEmbrace.[5]

Walker is also a member of the Most Dangerous Race.

Walker played drums with Morrissey during his 2006 tour, and is currently playing during the 2007 Morrissey tour.

wow thats very weird. i got the following message:

"wikiepedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Matt Walker (drummer in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings"... etc

thanks for clipping and pasting. :)

Back
Top Bottom