Morrissey's balding

Is anyone else suspicious that Morrissey has done something to his hair, to stop balding. I know he said something a few years ago mocking ageing rock stars with hair transplants, I can't remember what exactly. This site seems to think he's done something, Johnny Marr is on there too.

http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/2010/01/morrissey.html

Is anyone else suspicious that Morrissey has done something to his hair, to stop balding. I know he said something a few years ago mocking ageing rock stars with hair transplants, I can't remember what exactly. This site seems to think he's done something, Johnny Marr is on there too.

http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/2010/01/morrissey.html

It's the Cribs' brothers under analysis on the Johnny section - his own hair is "the best" of the group apparently.

I suspect he's had a hair transplant at some point.

Or he's on the hairloss drug, PROPECIA. It can help thicken or slow down baldness.

Not to mention world hunger... ;)

I don't get it. This is just a series of pictures showing Moz with exactly the same hairline. The only difference is how long he has decided to grow the quiff. How is that balding? It's not even thinning. I'm not being super defensive I just don't get it.

I think he's just doing the "comb over" bit. His receding hair line, still seems to in place since '97. Notice how he no longer (when running his fingers through his hair) to make a pomp, but now more to his right side. :lbf:

Whoa! Cool Slant 6 band t-shirt on Ryan Jarmin in the first pic! DC harDCore FTW! Where the heck did they even sell that, did he get it at one of their shows during their brief lifespan?

http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/search/label/Johnny Marr

09-cribsold01.jpg

I don't get it. This is just a series of pictures showing Moz with exactly the same hairline. The only difference is how long he has decided to grow the quiff. How is that balding? It's not even thinning. I'm not being super defensive I just don't get it.

Agreed, it's all based on the first picture alone, and only looking at the shape of the hairline and length of the hair, no thinning is shown at all. It's ridiculous to suggest that Moz somehow had hair treatments to stop his receding hairline, when his hairline is at the same place it's been for 10+ years, it hasn't magically improved. If he had hair treatments, his hairline wouldn't be so far back now, like it's always been. Not sure why we're even wasting time discussing this...

Last edited:

Dear Raven,
you speak my mind.
So I chose to use your words and commented on said blog. I hope you don't mind. In addition, I found my nickname rather fittingly funny for that purpose.

Dear Raven,
you speak my mind.
So I chose to use your words and commented on said blog. I hope you don't mind. In addition, I found my nickname rather fittingly funny for that purpose.

No problem! Talent borrows, genius steals after all!!

And what about your hair?Btw.Morrissey is very sexy and im sure that you are not so leave him alone.Btw. Post your pic so i can comment on your hair too:)

I'm not quite sure what your problem is, I have not criticised Morrissey's hair in any way and merely posed a question. I think you need to take a look at yourself and ask why you're getting so defensive, and also why you're asking for photos of strangers on the internet.

I never knew Art Garfunkel was bald..I just figured he had really bad hair :straightface:

Oh man, I'd never seen him au naturel before - shocking, he looks like an elderly banker. Bring back the fuzzy ginger toupee! :)

In contrast, who do we think has the best hair in rock? My vote, in the male category, is Mick Jagger. He's well into his 60's now but still has thick, lustrous locks. His hairdresser or pharmacist or surgeon should be knighted.

I'm not quite sure what your problem is, I have not criticised Morrissey's hair in any way and merely posed a question. I think you need to take a look at yourself and ask why you're getting so defensive, and also why you're asking for photos of strangers on the internet.
Blah blah blah too bad so sad.And now post your pic, so i can comment about your hair transplant.:D

I have seen Morrissey with soaking wet hair, which usually reveals any thin spots, and it remained thick. He has a very mildly thin spot at the crown of his head, but he's had that since forever. It's very common even in men who never go bald. His hairline has always been oddly shaped and deep at the corners. It isn't getting any worse; that's just how he's made.

The thing is, though, what if he was balding? Why would that be so awful? And why would it matter? Especially if he were taking care of it with treatments?

The man is 50 and looks great.

Moz was losing hair noticably and progressively in the early 1990's.
check out photos from 1990 to 1995 - around the Southpaw era it was particularly obvious (see his performance on Later for example).
in 97 he cut his hair short, and we thought we'd never see the quiff again. however, come the 99 tour and then the 2002 and Quarry tours, his hair seemed to have been magically revitalised.
I think it's pretty obvious he had something done to it in the mid-late 90's...

Back
Top Bottom