Morrissey's Autobiography: The Lost Tome Found - thequietus.com

David Stubbs finds the 21st-century's greatest work of "non-fiction" in a skip. We can unveil it exclusively here - thequietus.com

Penguin Books recently announced that their planned publication of Morrissey's autobiography had been abandoned at the last minute, due to a difference of opinion with the author over the content. It is unclear what led to the contretemps, which has meant that no review copies of the long-awaited volume were printed. However, it seems that one sample copy was printed up for Morrissey's final inspection. It was thought to have been lost forever. However, Quietus contributor David Stubbs, while out cycling in the capital, caught side of a volume bearing the image of the former Smiths frontman, protruding from a skip next to Penguin HQ. Stubbs says he was struck by way the volume had clearly been “flung into the skip in a state of high dudgeon”, and immediately realised that this was Morrissey's own, discarded copy. We are proud, therefore, to bring you extracts from what might otherwise have been a lost scroll in the world of pop letters – the Morrissey autobiography they did not want you to read....

Full Article

Hmmm, really hope the autobiography is better than David Stubbs' imagenary one.

"I took my invisible book, autobiography into Penguin
Did you hear they turned me down !!!
And its all because I'm a dinosaur

Everybody's laughing
Since I went off with Boz ! "

Hooky

You and I love, are completely surrounded on all sides by idiotic, pathetic,clowns. They all represent everything that is bad,wrong and evil with the world today and are the absolute antithesis of me and you. Love you still. Clearly.x B.

"while out cycling in the capital, caught side of a volume bearing the image of the former Smiths frontman"

caught side?

"I took my invisible book, autobiography into Penguin
And its all because I'm a dinosaur

Everybody's laughing
Since I went off with Boz ! "

Hooky

You know, so long as he's on the invisible NYT Bestseller list, nothing else really matters. :sweet:

Ugh. Morrissey's voice is the easiest in the world to mock, but one of the hardest to mock well. A fact every kooky long-time poster here knows by heart; wish they'd told Mr. The Quietus.

What the feck is this shite and why is it on the front page?

So is your butt.

LOL....Thanks for the laugh! I've not been round in awhile (other obsessive things on my plate) so that really made my night <3 Thanks again. I had to look at his avatar....then I really busted a gut!

As far as this article...he's taking the mickey, right? "Stephen"....ugh! alright, I'm done.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom