Morrissey's "Autobiography" review by SJC, 2 out of 5 - The Sun (Nov. 8, 2013)

I love the sun, it's hilarious it's the paper that has the best headline puns. See the Paddy Ashdown scandal of the 90s

British newspapers ruin peoples lives for cash, and they don't like being told they must rein it in following the Leveson inquiry. They're the scum of the earth and shouldn't be viewed in any other light

The soaraway Sun is the chronicle of choice for those working class, salt of the earth types most of you middle class lefties claim to care about. Instead we get this appalling snobbery.

It's almost as if you fabricate this "you have nothing to lose but your chains" stuff just to make yourselves feel superior. Surely not?

You don't like the Oxbridge lot, you don't like the working man. It seems the only thing you like are those who think just like you. And the Taliban.

I've been (very) critical of Morrissey over the last few years...but I guess people are free to criticise the (proven) criminal conduct of The News of The World/Sun while also being not so keen on Morrissey's most recent output.

And, as for your claim that "The Sun is the chronicle of choice for those working class, salt of the earth types most of you middle class lefties claim to care about"...:

a) it's debatable
b) even if we accept it's true, so what? Being/Acting "working class" isn't necessarily synonym with being right, just like being middle or upper class isn't necessarily synonym with being right. The Sun have ruined lives, including working class ones. I don't know if you live in the UK, but you may have heard of the phone hacking scandal...just a bit...

Most working class people in England support the death penalty. You can agree or not, but it doesn't necessarily make it right.

Last edited:
The soaraway Sun is the chronicle of choice for those working class, salt of the earth types most of you middle class lefties claim to care about. Instead we get this appalling snobbery.

It's almost as if you fabricate this "you have nothing to lose but your chains" stuff just to make yourselves feel superior. Surely not?

You don't like the Oxbridge lot, you don't like the working man. It seems the only thing you like are those who think just like you. And the Taliban.

Translation: "A review I agree with."

Don't read s*n links

People who read this paper or the online links are the SCUM of the earth.
Ignorant of the harm they have caused so many people over the decades.
SCUM write for this paper and thick morons read it.

It's not only full of lies it's also a Tory rag run by Eton school boys.. WORKING CLASSES read The Mirror!

I love the sun, it's hilarious it's the paper that has the best headline puns. See the Paddy Ashdown scandal of the 90s

Back in the 80s it was revealed that Frank Sinatra was having sheep hormone injections as part of an effort to retain his youth. A bit late then I would have thought but anyway...

The headline in The Sun was "I've got ewe under my skin."

Re: Don't read s*n links

People who read this paper or the online links are the SCUM of the earth.
Ignorant of the harm they have caused so many people over the decades.
SCUM write for this paper and thick morons read it.

It's not only full of lies it's also a Tory rag run by Eton school boys.. WORKING CLASSES read The Mirror!

And yet these thick morons get the same number of votes you do. That's gotta hurt.

The Sun continues to outsell the Mirror by getting on for 1.5 million copies a day, and appeal to identical demographics, so I don't know where you get the impression working class people read the Mirror. In fact, if you add up the circulations of all the left of centre dailies they don't equal the sales of the Sun. The Independent is deep in the shit and The Guardian isn't far behind.

The Mirror bathes in the same cesspool. Don't fool yourself. When the Mirror's hacking activities are revealed you notice little or no difference to the NI revelations.

I must say I do enjoy this Eton toffs / Oxbridge narrative at the moment. Who do you want running the country? A window cleaner?

Translation: "A review I agree with."

I'm not sure that quite works in the context you use it, Orson, and I can't help but think my original use nailed you quite nicely.

You must try harder, old stick. Some of us aren't credulous twats and can see right through you.

Back in the 80s it was revealed that Frank Sinatra was having sheep hormone injections as part of an effort to retain his youth. A bit late then I would have thought but anyway...

The headline in The Sun was "I've got ewe under my skin."

Haha ace, the George Michael one was brilliant too.

All newspapers will be transparent / scum. Don't defend them. The Mirror :rofl:

All newspapers are scum? So the Independent and the Guardian, they're scum? Get a grip.
As for the Mirror - as far as tabloids go, it's the best by a country mile.

Look at what they have done to peoples lives, then defend them

An absurd generalisation.

Incidentally, where do you get your news, Morrizsey? How do you find out what is going on in the world? Do you boycott Sky News and the BBC or is it just the printed Press you despise? :rolleyes:

The Sun is the voice of Rupert Murdoch, homophobic, racist, misogynist and anti-intellectual. If you’re proud to be uneducated, if who wins X Factor is more important than who wins the next election, if the lives of celebrities matter more than world events, if you don’t mind being lied to, spoon fed with right wing polemic and are content to know your place in the world then read the Sun.

An absurd generalisation.

Incidentally, where do you get your news, Morrizsey? How do you find out what is going on in the world? Do you boycott Sky News and the BBC or is it just the printed Press you despise? :rolleyes:

I haven't bought a newspaper for more than a decade, so in that sense I boycott the printed press. The BBC and ITN are my news sources. They're open for criticism if you like but the thread was based on tabloids. There's a massive difference between the Sun and the BBC. The Leveson inquiry is press based, and it may not include every newspaper but that doesn't necessarily mean my comment was absurd

I think the Times and Guardian are good newspapers, unfortunately one of those is owned by Rupert leaving one viable option. I also like the Guardian 'cause it pisses establishment types off.

It's always been a concern that most of the press represent the same political point of view.

I doubt The Sun columnist read the book but if he did and gave it two out of five, fair enough. It's all opinions and the Sun's is a long standing one of hating Moz so two out of five is quite a good score.

This coming from the newspaper that referred to The Smiths as Dismiss - not bitter at all, are they?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom