Morrissey's "Autobiography" review by SJC, 2 out of 5 - The Sun (Nov. 8, 2013)

Brief review in the 'glorious' Sun newspaper.
The first 5 words tells it all really.

2013-11-08_11.51.50.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-11-08 11.51.50.jpg
    2013-11-08 11.51.50.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
This is what happens when you slam your face into the key board. You have been warned folks.

This review sounds like a review of the reviews.

I'm guessing this guy at the sun didn't get it, stick to
Reviewing bands like one dire, wanted blah blah f***ing blah

I'm guessing this guy at the sun didn't get it, stick to
Reviewing bands like one dire, wanted blah blah f***ing blah
Hey Threadees, dinna fret. It's only the Sun.
Not a newspaper (indeed, not even a newspaper) for those who read books.

It's good The Sun, you can read it whilst you're having a shit and use the pages to wipe your arse when you run out of loo roll.

Unfortunately, love it or hate it, the Sun is the biggest selling daily paper here - 2.5 million copies. The fact they reviewed it (albeit late) was interesting though - not their usual choice for their demographic.
Regards,
FWD.

Well, this is a dumb review. There is little content and no reason to believe that thr author read the book!

I do agree that I wish there was more about the song writing process/insight to the songs. I was hoping for back stories, etc.,

Well, this is a dumb review. There is little content and no reason to believe that thr author read the book!

I do agree that I wish there was more about the song writing process/insight to the songs. I was hoping for back stories, etc.,

A review in the Sun is worth less than nothing.

I'm sure Morrissey would be mortified if he thought anyone who bought the "Current Bun" read his book so probably he's quite pleased with this.

The soaraway Sun is the chronicle of choice for those working class, salt of the earth types most of you middle class lefties claim to care about. Instead we get this appalling snobbery.

It's almost as if you fabricate this "you have nothing to lose but your chains" stuff just to make yourselves feel superior. Surely not?

You don't like the Oxbridge lot, you don't like the working man. It seems the only thing you like are those who think just like you. And the Taliban.

The soaraway Sun is the chronicle of choice for those working class, salt of the earth types most of you middle class lefties claim to care about. Instead we get this appalling snobbery.

It's almost as if you fabricate this "you have nothing to lose but your chains" stuff just to make yourselves feel superior. Surely not?

You don't like the Oxbridge lot, you don't like the working man. It seems the only thing you like are those who think just like you. And the Taliban.

I love the sun, it's hilarious it's the paper that has the best headline puns. See the Paddy Ashdown scandal of the 90s

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom