Morrisseys’ shirt to sell

A

Anonymous

Good morning,

As I’m currently going through my remaining The Smiths and Morrissey collection, I am due to list for sale, probably on eBay, the full green shirt worn by Morrissey at his London Astoria show from the 1990s.

Could you give me an estimate of its sale value.

Stay charming
Mozlee1

That's the shirt I have.

The blue one from later in the show was passed to R from Ireland

Regards
Mozlee1

When do you plan to put it on Ebay? Also I was once looking at the value of his shirts just out of interest and some people reckoned £700.

Good evening,

How do I upload a picture from iPad to here.

If I receive a realistic offer via here, I may not add to my other current eBay listings

Stay charming
Mozlee1

It gets tiresome to field requests (here via the forum) when all the seller wants is the highest price unreasonably possible and while any buyer wants the polar opposite. Unless the seller has a price in mind, there is no point in fielding requests - except to get one's hopes up too high for any party. Put it up for auction and let the market decide.

It gets tiresome to field requests (here via the forum) when all the seller wants is the highest price unreasonably possible and while any buyer wants the polar opposite. Unless the seller has a price in mind, there is no point in fielding requests - except to get one's hopes up too high for any party. Put it up for auction and let the market decide.

In fact, put your list of items intended for sale up here on the forum with your desired prices. That way you can save yourself the trouble of losing ten/twenty percent revenue to fees and such.

Good evening,

How do I upload a picture from iPad to here.

If I receive a realistic offer via here, I may not add to my other current eBay listings

Stay charming
Mozlee1

Look for the tab marked, "Upload a File" which is located next to the "Post Reply" tab. Not sure if its there for anon posters....

Look for the tab marked, "Upload a File" which is located next to the "Post Reply" tab. Not sure if its there for anon posters....
You are right - not for anons.
To get round this easily:
Use an online image host (eg: https://imgbb.com) and paste the URL in the post here.
Regards,
FWD.

6AC718A9-AC91-418F-AEFB-5BED86A27596.jpeg
Good evening,

See images attached of the shirt

Hoping for in region of £500

Regards

And....

Attachments

• FF60605E-2B60-4DB8-A133-67B6DB6E58A6.jpeg
    FF60605E-2B60-4DB8-A133-67B6DB6E58A6.jpeg
    721.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3564E5D5-C2A2-4EE3-959C-B285A8909D36.jpeg
    3564E5D5-C2A2-4EE3-959C-B285A8909D36.jpeg
    606.5 KB · Views: 0
I would make you an offer. How do you want people to make you offers here? I would also put my highest offer on ebay. It would be better if you listed it there, and it would also be better for you. The person who would make you the highest offer here would put their bid there anyway, but here you don’t know who would have been happy to top that, if you don’t run a proper auction to give everyone a chance to make their own highest bids to you

that’s a cracker. Though I’d deffo need provenance on an item like this no matter how much I believe in it, (and I do by the way). But something would just nag at me if I didn’t have definitive proof.

that’s a cracker. Though I’d deffo need provenance on an item like this no matter how much I believe in it, (and I do by the way). But something would just nag at me if I didn’t have definitive proof.

Yeah 500 pounds demands it.

Good morning ordinaryboy86,

Please let me know how I can satisfy your curiosity, and I will try to help as much as I can.

Regards

I’m not even sure it can be satisfied, unless you have video evidence of you plucking it out the air at the gig. I’m not sure what constitutes “concrete proof” anyway, photos at the gig, at least a ticket stub, god knows. But you should still be able to sell it ten times over without it.
Once an item like this leaves it original owner, it’s likely gonna get bought and sold and bought and sold over the next 20+ years, and it loses its origin story, unless it has some sort of proof attached to it.

(Imagine if it pops up on eBay years down the line, and potential buyers ask “How do you know it’s Morrisseys” well, the guy who bought it from the guy who bought it from the guy who bought it from the original owner said so).

There's someone who lingers nearby who might be able to get it signed by M and the whole band, if that helps.

Good evening ordinaryboy86,

I’ll try to dig out my photos from the show to convince you o& my attendance, or try to obtain signed affidavits by those who followed the tour with me,

B duff
R Costello
D Connor ( gone, but never forgotten)
Manuel , Spain
Darren, the teapot maker
Heather & Stan, frisbee throwers

I think there may also be details on the Love bites film that Julia and Claudia made, f

Regards

11F3BB79-8906-4A27-9225-9E2FDDE10198.jpeg DAF84CBF-A96E-495A-96F1-A01C7B4EBE6E.jpeg And there’s this too....

And if needed, I can add a photo of myself and our mutual friend at Bournemouth hotel where signed.

Or, if he still frequents here, the editor in chief of A Chance to Shine fanzine , was also present .

Stay charming

Back
Top Bottom