Morrissey with Thelma Houston: singing on next album "early 2020" (pictured 12 August, 2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Aug 13, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Aug 13, 2019 at 11:24 AM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

[​IMG]

20190813_112316.jpg

Release date mentioned by Thelma also.
    Regards,
    FWD.

Related item:
    • Morrissey Statement/San Diego Date - Mar. 24, 2012

Excerpt posted by Dave:

In April, EMI re-issue my 1988 single Suedehead as remixed by Ron and Russell Mael. This is a great thrill for me, and I am indebted till death to Ron and Russell.
      You might also be aware that Thelma Houston has also recorded Suedehead this year.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Divas In Dotage
      Divas In Dotage
      I wonder who gave Morrissey that shirt to wear? James May off 'The Grand Tour'? o_O
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      I AM IN A BAD FUCKING MOOD RIGHT NOW.
      BUT I LIKE YOUR HANDLE A LOT IT MAKES ME LAUGH.
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    3. Divas In Dotage
      Divas In Dotage
      Thank you. As Bond said to Stromberg in 'The Spy Who Loved Me', "One does one's best". ❤️
    4. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      King of Comedy, the movie, has just sprung to mind.
    5. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution

That is a great fucking movie. I just saw it again recently. Loved every minute of it. So great. Sandra Bernhard is fantastic in it.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    6. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      It’s wonderfully made. And a great insight into the psychology of fandom, and the related hatred that claims the naive and narcissistic.

Obviously, everyone who is negative here is well adjusted and championing of the truth (rather than ill and grotesque). So the sour mind of the movie’s protagonist couldn’t possibly be aligned with their razor-sharp critical perspectives.
    7. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      i'm the sanest. and the sharpest. i've always been. ask steve, he won't disagree. :)
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      Then you’d love this place, especially with your interests, I think. It fascinates me.

https://www.philadelphia-association.com/
    9. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    10. countthree
      countthree
      Great photo!!
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Suedehead isn't disco and Thelma Houston has a fantastic voice. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
    12. The Truth
      The Truth
      That's not what he means to say but it's exactly what he is saying.
      When Morrissey uses photoshopped images of James Baldwin in advertising and on t-shirts it's reasonable to question Morrissey's motivation and whether the person in the photo would have agreed. It seems there is a habit of neglecting to give credit to the photographers as well.
      But when Morrissey arranges to have a living person appear on his record, a person who is a legendary disco singer who has been in the business a long time, and has covered one of his songs in the past, to assume that she is ignorant, and that he, Uncleskinny, could enlighten her about the racism that he feels she is being used to cover up, is very arrogant. And why does he think this? Because she is black and she is making a decision he, an enlightened white male, doesn't agree with.
      Yes, it is a racist assumption and there is no other way to look at it., Uncleskinny, the white savior, let down by one of the ignorant people that he has made it a crusade to stand up for!
      Yes, that is racism and as many have speculated, it is likely the basis for Uncleskinny's campaign. It's called projection. The white savior is a popular cultural trope that many older liberals have a hard time letting go of.
      I'll just take your opinion that I have got the banter down as a compliment.
      • Like x 3
      • Insightful x 3
      • Dislike x 1
      • Interesting x 1
      • Redundant x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Thelma and Louise was better than that lot.
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      He'll sound like Shaun Ryder with her backing him up.

He just needs to learn how to whistle.
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No mention of that time a UKIP supporter knocked on his door and Peter was too afraid to open. That story is posted online.
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Oh look it is Pinocchio's brother Panacchio. Noes getting longer for every lie he's pulling over cancelled gigs. No more swedish Marabou chocolate cause he's got a handful beside him.
      Keep it at 80% cocoa at least no less!
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Motown junk then for Moz and like I've stated since day one his taste in music is old and boring but it is expected for a man his age.

18. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      I reckon that is not LA!! Thaut waus photo shopped!!! Sir California son was not born in the San Fernando Valley!! I knouw four a fauct thaut Sir California Son waus spoutted aut Williaum and Kaute Pob in Strepthroat, Mank and he was eating an onion kidney bean pie and drinking a newcastle and then he went to his moums pretend house in Mank so no loonies from Brittin and Camden, New Jersey will stalk her in Moz Angeles mate inn n nnn nnnnn nn nn it.
    19. Amy
      Amy
      Tarnished by turning into a Little Englander, saying ridiculous, ill-informed, inflammatory things like "Everyone ultimately prefers their own race" and supporting parties like For Britain as well you know. "Speaking his own mind" has killed his career. He's not some kind of free-thinking revolutionary - he's no different to half the staff on the Daily Mail and that's not an achievement.
      Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
      • Like Like x 6
    20. Stupidity Breaker
      Stupidity Breaker
      Thelma Houston sends out a picture of Morrissey in the studio recording his new album and the haters say that his career is finished. :lbf::lbf::lbf: The haters stupidity has never been stupider. :rofl:
      • Insightful Insightful x 1