Morrissey: Will the Smiths' ex-frontman delight or disappoint at Vivid Sydney? - Sydney Morning Hera

Morrissey: Will the Smiths' ex-frontman delight or disappoint at Vivid Sydney? - Sydney Morning Herald
May 8, 2015 - 11:45PM
by Barry Divola

Excerpt:

...That night, Morrissey played matchmaker. Marilena and I wandered back to the youth hostel at one in the morning with our arms around each other, then made out for two hours on a couch in the communal lounge room, before heading back to our same-sex dorms. The English girl of 1985 started to fade a little in my memory. She'd dumped me for a guy who hated the Smiths. He drove a sports car and liked Spandau Ballet and Simply Red.

If this was my only story to tell about the Smiths, they would still be one of my favourite bands. From my first published album review in a national music magazine (Hatful of Hollow, RAM magazine, 1984) to scribbling down the complete lyrics to How Soon Is Now? for a forgetful Johnny Marr, who was struggling to get past the first verse at a 7 Worlds Collide sound check in Auckland in 2001, they're part of my music geek DNA.

WILL THE F Y F FESTIVAL BE ANIMAL FRIENDLY ? (That is the question)

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I attended FYF a couple years ago and they had food trucks of all tastes, including meat-based foods. I sincerely doubt they will NOT serve meat though. I would be surprised if they go vegetarian/vegan for Morrissey.

And will So_Low be c***-friendly?

Ah, as we can see from the above, it already is.

Much as he poses as a troll, Benny is clearly a fan (he's just one of those fans who wishes he wasn't so addicted): just look at the effort and time he spends being one of the first to post on every single thread. Just think of the time he spends glued to this site, eagerly awaiting updates. Shame he doesn't have a job, family or social life. Still, why would anyone need that when they have so much insight and integrity?

Morrissey can never ask a multi day festival to be meat freee, He sure will ask, or won't play if they sell meat during His performance,
most promoters say, bye, we can have another band...the ones who really want Him can only make it meat free during His gig, God knows how to controll that but He surely will ,
and if a burger with meat is sold, stop and cash in, and leave.

and they say he's mentall....the operation..

I'm sure he'll be awesome in Australia. :thumb:

And will So_Low be c***-friendly?

Ah, as we can see from the above, it already is.

Much as he poses as a troll, Benny is clearly a fan (he's just one of those fans who wishes he wasn't so addicted): just look at the effort and time he spends being one of the first to post on every single thread. Just think of the time he spends glued to this site, eagerly awaiting updates. Shame he doesn't have a job, family or social life. Still, why would anyone need that when they have so much insight and integrity?

That's right Benny the c*** eh !
Benny who asks the uncomfortable questions instead of brushing them under the carpet like YOU and the rest of the cult " yes men".
Once again Benny has got hold of Steven paddy McMorrissey by his humasexual bollocks over the scandal of the FEED YOUR FACE FESTIVAL (FYF festival)

WILL IT BE ANIMAL FRIENDLY ? If not he should NOT perform (simple as)

WILL IT GO ANIMAL FRIENDLY ? NO MEAT ! NO DAIRY ! There is no room for compromise ( simple as)

IS STEVEN A HYPOCRITE ? WILL HE PERFORM AT THIS UN-ANIMAL FRIENDLY EVENT ? Watch this space.

Your move Steven, THE WORLD IS WATCHING YOU ! (Thanks to Benny the c***)

Morrissey can never ask a multi day festival to be meat freee, He sure will ask, or won't play if they sell meat during His performance,
most promoters say, bye, we can have another band...the ones who really want Him can only make it meat free during His gig, God knows how to controll that but He surely will ,
and if a burger with meat is sold, stop and cash in, and leave.

and they say he's mentall....the operation..

So what your trying to say is . . . . . . . . . . . ITS NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY ! ( Just like Glastonbury. )
Thanks for that.

I remember last time when I was at the SOH gigs last time that there was a crazy surge from people in the back stalls who just ran straight up to the front. So esseentially it didnt matter which type of seat you had in the stalls. I wonder if the SOH have taken this into consideration and if they will police this more closely.

Anybody remember Boz playing with the broken arm?

Benny who asks the uncomfortable questions instead of brushing them under the carpet like YOU and the rest of the cult " yes men".
Once again Benny has got hold of Steven paddy McMorrissey by his humasexual bollocks over the scandal of the FEED YOUR FACE FESTIVAL (FYF festival)

WILL IT GO ANIMAL FRIENDLY ? NO MEAT ! NO DAIRY ! There is no room for compromise ( simple as)

IS STEVEN A HYPOCRITE ? WILL HE PERFORM AT THIS UN-ANIMAL FRIENDLY EVENT ? Watch this space.

Benny

Keep up the good work Mate

Wow. So first it was Bummie and now it's Benny showing us how mentally fragile they are. Nothing we didn't know already, of course. In fact, have Bummie and Benny ever posted simultaneously...? The more they post, the more it seems to be the same person writing the posts of both trolls.

benny is merely keeping moz honest. he just wrote up glaston for being animal unfriendly and hes going to play this festival despite the incredible number of meat carts, selling meat for every flesh eating taste? keep up the good work, every saved animal is well worth it. cheers.

Morrissey will do what he always does: delight some and disappoint others. Then it gets complicated because some will be delighted in the disappointment of others and some will be disappointed others found delight. Deep down those who hate him the most do so partly because he reflects some ideal they held about Morrissey and themselves by extension, he having been the symbol of some part of themselves that grew up or gave up or got old without warning.
I personally still see his current phase as a continuation of the comeback with You are The Quarry, but that record is now eleven years old and Morrissey has moved on several times since then. I still think that record has some pretty good songs and certainly better than anything we have any right to expect at this point. If he shows up and serves up a reasonable version of a big hit from The Smiths he can do whatever he wants the rest of the show and no one should be... disappointed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom