Morrissey will continue to never tour Canada again once he gets wind of this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rivum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. rivum

rivum Member

2. g23

g23 Well-Known Member

There's got to be another reason beyond the seals. Otherwise he is a complete and utter hypocrite for other places he plays.

3. Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick Well-Known Member

This Tanya Tagaq sounds like a complete and utter cunt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Derek17

Derek17 England for the English

Maybe she just comes from a vastly different background from yours. Why can't you be tolerant of her cultural and/or lifestyle differences?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  5. Charlie Cheswick

Maybe she's just a murderous cunt. Just maybe. If you think it's hunting's cool then my sentiments go to you too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Derek17

Is it really the white man's place to impose our lifestyle and views on indigenous peoples?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Charlie Cheswick

Oh it's a race thing :straightface:

8. Derek17

It always is!

9. Charlie Cheswick

So if I am opposed to fox hunting is that also about race? Do I have to think about the race of the hunter before I decide if I dislike the fucker?

If a fox hunter is brown is that hunter more acceptable than a white hunter?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Verily Allah has enjoined goodness to everything; so when you kill, kill in a good way and when you slaughter, slaughter in a good way. So every one of you should sharpen his knife, and let the slaughtered animal die comfortably.”

Dudes, CC is simply following the Will of Allah, the Most Merciful.:squiffy:

• Troll Troll x 1
  11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He knows how to hold a grudge, is all. Someone once threw a plastic bottle at him in Liverpool nearly a decade ago, and he has shunned the city ever since.

12. rifke

rifke Extreme Rabbit

it's very much a race thing. the inuit are very much tied to their land. it's part of their cultural identity, having been reliant upon the land for survival for so long. they also don't kill lightly, the way other cultures might. when they do kill they use every single part of the seal leaving nothing to waste, so you can be sure that the seal was not killed simply to make 'cuffs' but that these cuffs were probably made from left over scraps. it is not at all akin to fox hunting.
    no, I don't think it's right that they kill seals, but I also don't think it's something we can reasonably expect them to stop overnight without devastating consequences.
    the seal kill is certainly not anywhere near as atrocious or hate-worthy as a dog meat festival is. they don't kill seals because they like the taste or because they think it's a delicacy, but because for so long they had no other option. you think it's possible to be a vegan when living a nomadic lifestyle in canadas far north?

• Like Like x 1
  13. rifke

rifke Extreme Rabbit

I don't see why there shouldn't be a national seal products day, to celebrate the seals that gave their lives so that the inuit could survive. without seals they wouldn't have. the inuit have always been respectful of their land and bless and thank each animal that they kill, so I can see them having a day for which to be grateful for something that they have such huge spiritual connection with, as you do with things that you depend upon for survival.

14. Derek17

This is exactly why identity politics fails and just plain sucks lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Derek17

Oh I agree. And I don't have a problem with the practice myself.

16. 001

001 Well-Known Member

Fuck Tanya Twataq! Fingers crossed she comes down with something as Retribution.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Peterb

Peterb Well-Known Member

I think that's your Morrissey maid job gone for a burton.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. 001

001 Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested in Tanya Twataq's music, please, please, please, do not acquire any of it illegally. No! I didn't mean that! Sorry! What I meant was, pirate the fuck out of her shit! Unless the stupid cow sees sense and realizes that shipping records with seal fur is beyond fucking wrong!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Tags: