Morrissey will be on "Alan Carr: Chatty Man", to perform "Kiss Me A Lot", on 27th March

Re: Article: Morrissey will be on "Alan Carr: Chatty Man", to perform "Kiss Me A Lot", on 27th March

Oh bully for him, he must be getting desperate, I notice all the tour dates but he seems to be missing London... wonder why?!!
can't be bothered, scared....

Possibly because he played the o2 in London on 29th November but a troll wouldnt be aware of that would they?

http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/live-reviews/morrissey-o2-arena-london-29-11-14

- - - Updated - - -

network tv is over and has been for about five years now. i would say do none

Really, Alan Carr is great vehicle for exposure as its syndicated world wide

In some of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland), Chatty Man is shown on BBC Entertainment, since September 2012.
In the Benelux-countries and Sweden, "Chatty Man" is shown on OUTTV since summer 2012.
In continental Europe, it is shown on BBC Entertainment on a weekly basis, a few weeks behind the original broadcast in the UK.
In Belgium, it is shown on Acht also on a weekly basis and also a few weeks behind the original broadcast in the UK.
In Australia, as of August 2014, Series 12 is shown Thursdays on ABC2, with reruns of old episodes other week nights, and available on TV Catch up on demand
In New Zealand, Chatty Man is aired on TV One[6]
In Canada, "Chatty Man" is shown on OUTTV.
In South Africa, "Chatty Man" is shown on SABC 3 on Saturdays.

That's not true at all. Not everyone wants to use Netflik. Not everyone lives in a good broadband/ fibre area. I'm thrilled Moz is doing a TV show. Are you saying it is better to not see Moz than to see him?

yeah its in its death spiral. ill give you the broad band though the numbers seem to say this is a minority of watchers, my parents do to geography can only get dial up, but as to netflix id say no most for sure want it and hulu and amazon plus and the bajillion of other places to watch. i dont know anyone under forty who doesnt stream everything to there tv with an hdmi cord and when i ask, hell ill even ask you, why dont you. why dont you want control over what you watch when and with no commercials and cheaper. if musical artists want people to see them do a song or a special they need to just make there own video and put it out where younger people are watching because it sure aint network tv. no one i know stays up and stuck to one spot to watch a recording of a song they can just watch on youtube.com whenever they want to. why would they? hell half of network tv these days are paid ads and infomercials because they can barely sell the time. its also the reason network tv plays almost nothing but sixties sitcoms and dramas from eight til eight.

seriously though, give me a reasonable reason to watch network and not stream as ive just seen no one give me a good reason other than i just wanna.

Possibly because he played the o2 in London on 29th November but a troll wouldnt be aware of that would they?

http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/live-reviews/morrissey-o2-arena-london-29-11-14

- - - Updated - - -

Really, Alan Carr is great vehicle for exposure as its syndicated world wide

In some of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland), Chatty Man is shown on BBC Entertainment, since September 2012.
In the Benelux-countries and Sweden, "Chatty Man" is shown on OUTTV since summer 2012.
In continental Europe, it is shown on BBC Entertainment on a weekly basis, a few weeks behind the original broadcast in the UK.
In Belgium, it is shown on Acht also on a weekly basis and also a few weeks behind the original broadcast in the UK.
In Australia, as of August 2014, Series 12 is shown Thursdays on ABC2, with reruns of old episodes other week nights, and available on TV Catch up on demand
In New Zealand, Chatty Man is aired on TV One[6]
In Canada, "Chatty Man" is shown on OUTTV.
In South Africa, "Chatty Man" is shown on SABC 3 on Saturdays.

it can be syndicated anywhere but it doesnt mean people are watching or that the format isnt plummeting all at once or that younger audiences are watching. its like radio, its failing all over the place and only those over a certain age listen that i know of. why would they? no reason i can see. its like when people had to switch to digital tv and all the "adults" were like no way am doing that and now everyone does because the hassle of not, being in that minority, is more trouble than the anxiety the new tech causes in some.

ill ask again, why would anyone want less of there own time less control over programming and be forced to watch ads? why why why? mass media experiences are a thing of the past and targeted niche audiences are the future

network tv is over and has been for about five years now. i would say do none

That's just patently bollock. Maybe in the Nathan Barley world of Netflix and Sky plus but I can.assure you many people still gather round the gogglebox of an evening.

Believe it or not not everyone even has the Internet. And people like the communal spirit of watching TV programmes and talking about it the day afterwards.

Personally I only watch sport and occasional music documentaries as a rule but each to their own

That's just patently bollock. Maybe in the Nathan Barley world of Netflix and Sky plus but I can.assure you many people still gather round the gogglebox of an evening.

Believe it or not not everyone even has the Internet. And people like the communal spirit of watching TV programmes and talking about it the day afterwards.

Personally I only watch sport and occasional music documentaries as a rule but each to their own

He's in the US though so it could be the case there, different cultures and all that. About ten percent of the population watch the most popular programmes, none of which I watch. I do like watching Gogglebox on the gogglebox though.

He's in the US though so it could be the case there, different cultures and all that. About ten percent of the population watch the most popular programmes, none of which I watch. I do like watching Gogglebox on the gogglebox though.

yeah no one here i know under forty watches it and for sure the cost of air time seriously seriously went down. im for sure talking about the u.s. and as for the tracking its just so up in the air. i mean polls thought that young people today had no desire for news, to consume it. turns out they were very very wrong and that mostly they wanted more than previous generations but they only counted very traditional sources that no one under a certain age would go to. really younger people wanted instant news at a greater demand than previous generations they just consumed it very differently. they would have known that like most everyone if they had recognized news outlets as legitimate. as for t.v shows, its the same and all the points made except for the internet connection still hold true in my version of tv consumption, theyre just made better by streaming. now no one has to miss out if theyre late getting somewhere and people can still come together for a listening watching experience as they can start it whenever they want and arent bound by the programming schedule. if someone needs to make a call use the bathroom eat something they can just pause. people still talk about shows the next day and the next (really more do so as no one has to miss it as its on there own individual schedule). aside from the connection itself i think your points dont hold and are made better through streaming. it also lets me try something, more things in greater variety, as i dont have to be somewhere at a time so i might be more enticed to click and try a show as i dont have to dedicate huge chunks of my time to it. i can just turn it off and try something else which i wouldnt be able to do if i had to wait for the show to end.

also when you say gogglebox do you mean the tv. were watching on a roku and not a lat top if thats what you mean so were watching tv on the tv

Small world: I just met someone who is the cousin of Chatty Man here in Sydney.

There's a programme called Gogglebox which I watch on the gogglebox which is a nickname for television.

gotcha. kinda knew about the tv nick name but couldnt tell about the show bit as ive never seen it or heard about it. i do really find the licensing wars that are happening now extremely exciting. curious to see how itll all end. personally im waiting for the first choose your own adventure streaming series as they could do it for very little extra overhead/costs and it would really neat to talk about the next day. yeah we both watched the second episode of a young doctors notebook last night or whenever but because of the choice we made in the episode we got different endings and meaning going forward. this could cause us to go back and rewatch an episode, the same episode and see it differently. if this went on for a season and was popular fans would divide into camps and champion there favorite characters because they more represent there own choices and thus themselves putting the watcher more and more into the shoes of the character. this causes more discussion and watching rewatching. you could even have a series of specific season long choices that unlocks one final universal ending that ties all frayed plot lines together. do it with a soap opera and itd be crazy popular

Dear Alan
Could you please address the cheese issue when Silly Steven appears on your show ?
Thanks

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Alan Carr Chatty Man - Channel 4 UK - to feature Morrissey next week.

Just announced at the end of the show.
"Next week I'll be joined by the legendary Morrissey!"

I would be shocked if Moz actually allowed an interview with the awful limp wristed unfunny Alan Carr with his requisite comedy teeth and glasses. SURELY NOT!!!

I would be shocked if Moz actually allowed an interview with the awful limp wristed unfunny Alan Carr with his requisite comedy teeth and glasses. SURELY NOT!!!

Why would you be shocked? I would imagine that by appearing with an openly gay, effeminate man like Alan, Morrissey will be perfectly placed to expound further on his fascinating concept of The Humasexual.

best
BB

Go wash your cock Benny, that'll clear it up.

Oh Charles you have such a way with words don't you ?
When you've got a minute could you write it again so I can make sense of it or better still ignore me and stop biting my ankles you little pup.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Would I be able to watch this in the states? Like BBC Player? I liked watching Alan Carr's recent interview with Kylie on the Youtube.

Chatty Man

I thought I might do some Morrissey-spotting on Wednesday after work as I'm near the Chatty Man studios at London's South Bank. doors open at 6pm. How early, do you think Morrissey's would have to get there? Would he have to be there at 5 would you say? Or would he be able to roll up at 7? Anyone have experience of going to these recordings for TV? Thanks. :brows:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom