Morrissey Wears Leather Shoes!!!

T

The Daily Blurb

Guest
Its been confirmed by one of the Blurbs reliable sources that Morrissey does, in fact, wear leather shoes!

Quite how this rationalises against his extremely strong views on eating animals remains to be seen

"Some of his shoes are extremely soft leather to, possibly Gucci in origin, and obviously sourced from the hides of very young animals" our source states

"It looks like its ok to wear animals if you are Morrissey just not eat them" he stated

No comment was available from the Morrissey camp at the time this went to post
 
G

GenderNectar

Guest
This isn't really news. He touched on this subject in a 1986 interview with Spin Magazine.

Interviewer: We hear, "The flesh you so fancifully fry/Is not succulent, tasty or nice/It's death for no reason/And death for no reason is
MURDER." So, leather shoes then?

Morrissey: "I find shoes difficult to be ethical about - one just can't seem to avoid leather. One is trapped, ultimately."

I was front row center at the last Moz show I went to. His shoes were inches away from me and they were definitely leather.

Now, I don't know if he's really discussed it much since that time. There are a lot of non-leather alternatives now. There certainly weren't many options back in the 80's. Personally, I've managed to stay clear of all things leather.
 
B

Bluenose

Guest
Medical reasons?

Maybe he's like me and if he doesn't wear breathable material like cotton or leather, his feet crack and go manky.
 
J

Jack the Racer

Guest
> Interviewer: We hear, "The flesh you so fancifully fry/Is not
> succulent, tasty or nice/It's death for no reason/And death for no reason
> is
> MURDER." So, leather shoes then?

> Morrissey: "I find shoes difficult to be ethical about - one just
> can't seem to avoid leather. One is trapped, ultimately."

Wow! How convenient!

But, you know what, this is just another thing I respect about Morrissey. He has his political views, but he doesn't absolutetly shove them down our throats. He even admits that he doesn't follow all of his beliefs to the T.

I mean, look at his reasoning, he's basically saying, "I wear animal skin but it just looks so damn good on me." Whatever man. That's reason enough for me.
 
T

The Daily Blurb

Guest
> But, you know what, this is just another thing I respect about Morrissey.
> He has his political views, but he doesn't absolutetly shove them down our
> throats. He even admits that he doesn't follow all of his beliefs to the
> T.

Funny he doesnt shove his beliefs down other peoples throats he just forces them to eat vegetarian food in catering on his tours
 
P

Patrick McCann

Guest
Re: First 'Word' magazine and now this. Got any REAL news, Blurby?

Y'know, something we don't already know?
 
L

LoafingOaf

Guest
> Wow! How convenient!

> But, you know what, this is just another thing I respect about Morrissey.
> He has his political views, but he doesn't absolutetly shove them down our
> throats. He even admits that he doesn't follow all of his beliefs to the
> T.

> I mean, look at his reasoning, he's basically saying, "I wear animal
> skin but it just looks so damn good on me." Whatever man. That's
> reason enough for me.

But...the "Everyday Is Like Sunday" video advocates shoving political views down old ladies' throats!! The girl drops a self-righteous note on the lady's plate, pushes her fur coat on the ground, and releases her dog to run away. Besides the fact that the dog no doubt got smooshed by a car 5 minutes later, can one who wears leather shoes really make a video like that without being a hypocrite? Is it okay for me to go up to Morrissey and commit a battery upon him, and then steal his cat, because of his shoes? That old lady might very well have a better rationale for having a fur coat than Morrissey's reasoning that allows him his leather shoes exception.
 
T

The Daily Blurb

Guest
Re: First 'Word' magazine and now this. Got any REAL news, Blurby?

> Y'know, something we don't already know?

Like you know anything

And of course you knew about the word and the programme next month

doh!
 
P

Patrick McCann

Guest
Re: First 'Word' magazine and now this. Got any REAL news, Blurby?

> And of course you knew about the word and the programme next month

Correct! Glad to see you got something right.

Doh-a-deer.
 
Top Bottom