Morrissey Visits Your Home Town

LA90004

Imagine that Morrissey comes to stay with you (maybe to convalecse and recoup his energy after this difficult week). Knowing his likes and interests, where in your hometown would you take him. What would be the ideal day out and about? Which restaurants? Museums? Stores? Hangouts?

Oooh. He could stay at my house. I have lots of pets for him to play with and we drink a lot of tea here. We're fully toast-ready as well. My sitting room would amuse and disturb him because it's a subtle shrine to him.

I'd take him antiquing. I live near an Old Town with lots of antique shops. There's an Italian place that serves a lot of vegetarian dishes. In the evening we'd stop off at one of the Irish pubs. Then back to my house where we could paint each other's nails and talk about cute boys. :)

The ULTIMATE slumber party!

I'd take him to the Art Institute to see "The Portrait of Dorian Gray," the one used in the film in the 40s. Then a long walk on the lakefront, possibly a stroll through a conservatory in Lincoln Park, then dinner at a great vegetarian restaurant called Green Zebra. I think he'd like that.

I don't have anywhere to take him that he'd be interested in going. I'd prefer he just play a show in Manchester, NH and give me front row tickets. In exchange, I won't take him to all the meateries.

Ummm, this is assuming we'd leave the bed, right? Yeah, not happening.

We'd order a pizza.

Hmmm. I wouldn't bother taking him to my actual 'home town' (five minutes down the road) because it's a complete dive and I'm sure the quantity of meat-centred takeaways would send him running for the hills. My nearest city though has cathedrals, interesting old streets and a lot of history, so I'd probably take him on a guided tour and then to a nice veggie restaurant. :D

Not particularly inspired, but that's about the full extent of where I live.

Hmmm. I wouldn't bother taking him to my actual 'home town' (five minutes down the road) because it's a complete dive and I'm sure the quantity of meat-centred takeaways would send him running for the hills.

There is a taco stand right around the corner from his old house. He'd have to pass it every time he drove out into the city. My husband and I call it Morrissey's Taco Stand. XD

I don't think where I live would be very conducive to him recouperating, so I'd probably let him pass by just because he'd hate it so much.

Actually, I bet he knows Los Angeles a lot better than I do, so after we got our horizontal fill and had to leave the house, I'd have him show me the cool places to eat. But I'd drive us there. In his car. :D

Well my actual hometown is really small and very meat and dairy industry centred so there aint much of interest there :p.

Wellington (where I lived for Uni etc) however has a nice botanic garden, art galleries and museums and some nice restaurants that have vegetarian fare, so we'd go there :).

I'd take him to Kings College to see all the pretty architecture. I'd buy him some fudge at the awesome fudge shop we have here, and then, if we're feeling adventurous, hire a handsome young undergrad to punt us down the river to Grantchester. We'd nibble strawberries and drink champagne, discussing Forster and Plath. *swoon*

(And then I'd wake up.)

We would play Wii boxing and tennis.

You wouldn't try to sell him on R. Kelly?

We'd go to a spa, get manis and pedis and gossip like old besties. We'd finish each other's sentences and have cool handshakes and maybe even our own secret language. I live in the gay mecca of Southern California so if I didn't do anything for him (highly unlikely! ;) ) we could go out cruising for boys together.

Back
Top Bottom