Morrissey Central "Morrissey visits his mother's childhood home, 12 May 2023." (May 14, 2023)

33 NORTH GREAT GEORGE’S STREET, DUBLIN

0-3.jpeg

Morrissey visits his mother's childhood home, 12 May 2023.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kinda sad to learn that really, he's sat outside something that isn't his mother's former home, Morrissey could have saved the airfare.
It's definitely a bit sad, I agree. But still very much worth doing: I've done the same thing with the "house" where my dad was born. The entire street looks nothing like it did 100 years ago (from the photographic evidence I've found) but just to be on/near that spot feels like a real human connection somehow.

can anyone identify the watch he is wearing?

M wearing more jewellery than Mr T,looking relaxed on a nice warm day.
he should play songs from both albums on the next tour and create a buzz about his music,use the money from the tour and self release,its the only way forward.

M wearing more jewellery than Mr T,looking relaxed on a nice warm day.
he should play songs from both albums on the next tour and create a buzz about his music,use the money from the tour and self release,its the only way forward.
I take it you won’t be at any up coming shows?
He should play songs from his extensive, beautiful back catalogue such as Ammunition, You Must Please Remember, Interesting Drug & more.

Poor Moz looks like he was crying before the photo was taken. Everything is going wrong and our Moz deserves a break. Music is his life and the bastards won't release one album while nobody else has the guts to touch the second album. The night is darkest just before the dawn.
or, rather than taking this sad sack attitude, one could count their blessings, of which moz has more than his share, even if no studio were to ever touch an album of his again.

Had a day out last year and visited the pub me mum and dad ran and i grew up in then went to my old primary school and it was as if nothing had changed, and im 55 now.
Was very happy there so it brought back good memories but now me mum has passed it made me sad too.
'You can't go home again....'

Looks like an Omega Planet Ocean 600. Red bezel, helium escape valve at the 10 o clock position, white dial.
He's also wearing it on the wrong wrist. Morrissey, if the crown is at the 3 o clock position the watch should be worn on the left wrist, you little rebel.

Why is everyone so watch obsessed here???
And why does nobody ever track down the constantly worn dark denim flared trousers of which he hopefully owns more than one pair 😁😁😁🕺🕺🕺?

Why is everyone so watch obsessed here???
And why does nobody ever track down the constantly worn dark denim flared trousers of which he hopefully owns more than one pair 😁😁😁🕺🕺🕺?
Because watches are cool. Flares are TERRIBLE!

But, if I understand correctly, he just asked to leave the airplane and he wasn't allowed to do it.
Once the airplane has left the gate, no-one is allowed to just leave the plane. It's standard security procedure. If you can't stand the idea of having to wait in a grounded plane for two hours -- even in business class! -- then you shouldn't really travel by plane.

That's a great photo. As Alan Bennett said about him - his face looks like he has a story to tell. I dread the day I lose me ma. Stay strong Mozzer!

Lovely photo.

Reminds me a little of seeing that image from ‘86–when Morrissey staged a visit to his own grave for camera: It has a similar uncanny feel to it.

Surely looking to purchase the home to then rent it out on Airbnb and make money off the foreign loonies nnnnnnnnit mate

The pain of losing parents is reflected in the eyes of their children. I think that for Morrissey these trips to memorable places are something of a therapy, because the bitterness from the irreparable loss of his mother eats from the inside, and somehow he need to live on. One can only guess how hard it is for him to accept this grief, and I hope that close people give him the necessary support.

I wonder who the author of the picture? A little crooked shot, as if in a hurry. Probably, the one who took this photo was afraid that fans would suddenly appear and not give Morrissey peace.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom