Morrissey under new management - Ron Laffitte; Hop Farm details at true-to-you.net

Last edited by a moderator:
What is Morrissey doing. Some dude in LA managing him from yet another big management company. Time he put some people around him who care. He has that lady assistant, what is it about these big time wankers that he likes.

Rare that a PR/Manager (Ron Laffitte) gets his very own hate song. This by a band called, Spoon.
The song is called "Laffitte Don't Fail Me Now"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp9PGzGroMc

In an interview of Spoon after the release of their EP entitled “The Agony of Laffitte”!
AC: You guys ever hear from your old A&R guy, Ron Laffitte?
BD: I heard this great story about the Faint. You know that band? They're on Saddle Creek, which put out our Laffitte single originally. They were being courted by Ron Laffitte. When they were in New York, Ron and the president of Capitol Records took them to dinner, and as soon as the two of them walked up, the band handed Ron a copy of The Agony of Laffitte. By the accounts I've heard, he went white. The president of Capitol Records was like, "Oh, what's that?" And Ron didn't have anything to say throughout the entire evening. [Laughter all around] We owe those guys a couple rounds of drinks

According to the Damien Dempsey site he is playing in Waterford on 2nd July so from that I would say it looks unlikely that he will be added to the bill

It would be nice to make a poll, about how
long Ron Laffitte will be manager.

From day 1 with The Smiths till today, Morrissey
and managers is in a few words;

controlfreak
difficult
Morrissey does what he wants, whatever a manager says/wants/planns

hope this one will will do more on PR for Morrissey

congrats both

Re Damien Dempsey playing in Waterford on July 2nd,I just read the line up,cant seem to find him on it,even with Sharon,I'm playing at the same festival(TheSpringsteens)but heard nothing of Damo being there:guitar:

Morrissey needs to be managed by some ex-military guy or something.

"OK listen up Private Morrissey, you WILL be completing a run of shows this Summer and upon conclusion you WILL be entering the studio for a new album, do you understand me?"

"I think I'd prefer to just stay in bed, I might cancel a few sh-"

"GET YOUR ASS BACK IN LINE, MAGGOT!"

*gulp*

whip this boy into shape!

Re: Article: Morrissey under new management - Ron Laffitte; Hop Farm details at true-

well his pa sarah is quite bossy i have heard not onyl with fans but also with him
i remember her speaking for morrissey when a single fan asked for an autograph on a finnish boat
"morrissey needs his quiet time now" ..wtf?
while mozzer was speaking up to the fan defence to her then

Re: Article: Morrissey under new management - Ron Laffitte; Hop Farm details at true-

well his pa sarah is quite bossy i have heard not onyl with fans but also with him
i remember her speaking for morrissey when a single fan asked for an autograph on a finnish boat

it's her job to protect him, not to facilitate fan encounters

ron laffitte?? seriously morrissey?? ron laffitte?? this is going to go nowhere fast. he'd be better off having a couple of devotees manage him.

Damien Dempsey has accepted the proposal, and The Pretenders are also added to the final lineup as appears on http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_110306_01

- Hop Farm Music Festival final lineup for Saturday, 2 July
6 March 2011

Hop Farm Music Festival final lineup for Saturday, 2 July:

MORRISSEY
LOU REED
IGGY & THE STOOGES
PATTI SMITH
THE PRETENDERS
DAMIEN DEMPSEY
MARY COUGHLAN
NEWTON FAULKNER
BROTHER
-

Damien Dempsey has accepted the proposal, and The Pretenders are also added to the final lineup as appears on http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_110306_01

- Hop Farm Music Festival final lineup for Saturday, 2 July
6 March 2011

Hop Farm Music Festival final lineup for Saturday, 2 July:

MORRISSEY
LOU REED
IGGY & THE STOOGES
PATTI SMITH
THE PRETENDERS
DAMIEN DEMPSEY
MARY COUGHLAN
NEWTON FAULKNER
BROTHER
-

Woah! Three gingers in quck succession ~ that's a bit much Moz!

It's important to remember that people hire assistants to do things for them that they, for whatever reason, can't or choose not to do for themselves. Setting limits so that he can get some rest might be one of them?

Jean Laffitte would be a good Morrissey manager, but he's dead.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom