Morrissey, UK, September

i spoke to a friend who works for DF in scotland they are the people who have historically put morrissey on in scotland , this guy has told me about every gig in advance morrissey has anounced in scotland

he even told me about venues looked at when he done the small tour of yatq , port glasgow town hall was suggested but regected in favour of greenock

i digress , he confirmed their is deff not any september dates booked (this is for scotland ) , mind you on virtually all his uk tours he has always played in scotland . the excepton being the two dates he done when he played in battersea so i dont see it happening

There is a rumor posted on the main page that M has booked four dates in San Francisco for late Sept., and he is rumored to be in LA recording starting within the next week or so... doesn't look like he'll be leaving the country until after the end of Sept. if at all.

Best of luck to you, though! We've certainly had our share here in the US this year.

Well it doesn't look like it'll be September, does it? : (

I'll ask again, I've not spoken to her in a while. I'll get back to you guys.

Cheers Captain!

The Mexico/SF dates could be "the start" of the last leg... on the Oye Esteban tour in 2002, there was over a month of US dates followed by a 2 month (including breaks!) European tour... so all hope is not lost!

i hope some kind of official news is made soon about the sf dates. either go or no go. i'd like to know if i need to sell everything i own or not. come on mozzer. let us know!

i have said it before if morrissey is going to tour the UK , if the past is anything to go with it will be december , just looking at trends

I agree. If he does get to the UK in December, maybe he'll come and see us in Dublin, as he did in 2004.....AHHH, wishful thinking, but what a happy Christmas that would be!

To be honest, I'd rather he came in December than September. A) Because it's more convenient for me (yes, he does take that into account!) and B) Because it's the best Christmas pressie I could wish for! Manchester's lovely at Christmas, almost as good as London :p

Coiff.

I guess these tour dates 'til November confirm there'll be nothing in the UK. Unless, like you guys say, he *does* do a December tour....

those americans_so lucky: 5 dates in ny.y. and l.a. (he did play l.a. at this current tour-why again? why not playing europe? especially my homecountry gets a rarely visit from morrissey-couldn t be the reception-the reception was as it good as everywhere else ...so I guess these dates he gets an offer for: scandinavia is out of the question..maybe one or 2 dates in england...

this l.a dates-anybody knows why he plays these dates if he already played there recently...

Well, all I can say is
Coffee_n_tv.jpg

Waah!

Hope that everyone who attends enjoys the US tour, and the Mexico dates too! While I'm sad for myself (Mexico ain't exactly the UK in September is it!) I am pleased for those of you who'll get the chance to see him pretty soon.

Well it doesn't look like it'll be September, does it? : (

I'll ask again, I've not spoken to her in a while. I'll get back to you guys.

Whilst I do not doubt your intentions, maybe lets just leave it until the real announcement rather than hyping people up / getting their hopes up etc and then everyone feeling deflated once more when nothing comes of it.....
No more rumours, lets just deal with facts please.

On TTY it says "The final dates of Morrissey's tour are as follows......", not "the final dates of Morrissey's US tour are as follows....". So to me this means he is not coming to the UK / Europe anymore this year :(. Although he could always change his mind :). Wish I could know for sure tough before selling everything I own and leave for the US..... :D :o

I have a feeling you all are out of luck... principally because most of the band are Americans, and they were in Europe last Christmas. It would be a huge commitment for them to miss the holidays with their families again this year... think how many birthdays and christenings and weddings and just time with their families they've had to miss to do this huge tour. They are regular people too.

Whilst I do not doubt your intentions, maybe lets just leave it until the real announcement rather than hyping people up / getting their hopes up etc and then everyone feeling deflated once more when nothing comes of it.....
No more rumours, lets just deal with facts please.

Well the original post wasn't rumour, that's why it was on here. The genuine opportunity arose from venues in Britain and Moz didn't like the dates offered....I don't see how that's rumour mongering.

But still, if you folks would prefer to hear absolutely nothing at all I just won't say. It's fair enough.

Well the original post wasn't rumour, that's why it was on here. The genuine opportunity arose from venues in Britain and Moz didn't like the dates offered....I don't see how that's rumour mongering.

But still, if you folks would prefer to hear absolutely nothing at all I just won't say. It's fair enough.

Um it is rumour mongering. To make an analogy.... a major football transfer and all the talk/press created beforehand and then nothing doesn't occur (I dunno Gerrard joining Chelsea, Ronaldinho joining Man Utd for example) then surely thats a rumour? A strong rumour, but a rumour nevertheless.

Obviously we'd all like to know in advance but well we never do, do we?

Back
Top Bottom