Morrissey turns 58 - May 22, 2017; "There Is A Light..." tribute by Irene Diaz

Morrissey turns 58 on May 22, 2017

From Cosmica:

Irene Diaz is Los Angeles' modern day Torch Singer Songwriter. Within a short amount of time Irene has gained national acclaim. NPR's Don Gonyea says "anyone who hears your voice will wonder where you have been all this time". This version of "There is a light that never goes out" is a tribute to Morrissey on his Birthday.

Info on Irene: https://www.facebook.com/irenediazmusic/

From Irene:

The Smiths and Morrissey are artists that my older brother would listen to while we were growing up and I always looked up to my brother and his taste in music. I don't normally cover other artists, but being able to take a song like this one and make it my own was a lot of fun. I hope my take on ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’ does the song justice.

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's birthday - true-to-you.net
22 May 2017

Morrissey is 58 today. Happy Birthday, Morrissey!

Last edited:
Morrissey turns 58 on May 22, 2017

From Cosmica:

Irene Diaz is Los Angeles' modern day Torch Singer Songwriter. Within a short amount of time Irene has gained national acclaim. NPR's Don Gonyea says "anyone who hears your voice will wonder where you have been all this time". This version of "There is a light that never goes out" is a tribute to Morrissey on his Birthday.

Info on Irene: https://www.facebook.com/irenediazmusic/

From Irene:

The Smiths and Morrissey are artists that my older brother would listen to while we were growing up and I always looked up to my brother and his taste in music. I don't normally cover other artists, but being able to take a song like this one and make it my own was a lot of fun. I hope my take on ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’ does the song justice.

Not bad. Completely different take on it.
But I do miss the urgency, the despair and the hope.
Covers of The Smiths and Moz are not that easy to take for die-hard fans, I guess.

Stockholm is going to be very crowded on Monday when Moz turns 58.

First of all the swedish ice hockey world champions parade the trophy in central Stockholm followed by the annual celebration of Moz's birthday at Babs Bar:

And in the evening the big hate game of football between Stockholm based sides Djurgården and AIK takes place.

Irene was the name of the best lover I ever had and she could have been my mother, maybe that is what made it so exciting.

LOL

NPR's Don Gonyea says "anyone who hears your voice will wonder where you have been all this time"

Anyone who would wonder that, has probably themselves been away.... under a rock.

Every time I hear the 'new' it just makes me want to go back to hear what truly inspires. Gone are the days, it seems.

That combo of a band could work if the asian dude starts selling noodles on the side during every gig.

What are their shares worth at the moment, should I invest heavily?

NPR's Don Gonyea says "anyone who hears your voice will wonder where you have been all this time"

Anyone who would wonder that, has probably themselves been away.... under a rock.

Every time I hear the 'new' it just makes me want to go back to hear what truly inspires. Gone are the days, it seems.
Amen to that!

I know!

I was a bit limited in the menu there. Please create one for him.

You could provide the sandwiches but if your last guestname is a hint, please wash your hands carefully before and after.
Or in stead of.

Blikey, you lots are sad with your Morrissey only comes to my backwards Brit/Euro/Austrialilian/ town every 8 years sing along and fantasy concerts.

Reckon you know Uncle Steve banged that. "Your frankly just my type, a Mexican groupie...Now pull your red Adidas top up".

Happy Birthday MOZ!

You have provided me with so much that I can't even begin to know where to start! With you I have been given friends and so many good times with them. Road trips, places, Friends from concerts, friends from record stores and The convention. I am so grateful for you. your music has been the sound track of my life and has helped me through it too. for this I say , Thank You! Every day is so much better knowing that you are in this world with me!

Love you Lots!

herpes thinks hes the new benny.

Aztec would be better editing that post because its all over the place.

I usually have no time for Moz/smiths covers at all but this has a groove to it that I like and it works. If you're going to cover Morrissey then try something new with it. I'm just glad it wasn't another cafe hipster whisper haunted little girl cover.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom