Morrissey top 100 collectibles

Beau, maybe I know what you mean. You and MrMorrissey have stuff that is absolutely invaluable and out of reach for the average collector (or an "amateur" like me). Is there any point in listing it at all? Always nice to look at by any means...keep on posting.

I've always been impressed by your knowledge, too.

And..if one day you want to part with your "Roy's Keen" 12 inch (or one of them you have), please let me know :o

WOW to you guys and your stuff. :)

I reckon we should all send emails to RECORD COLLECTOR
asking for a MORRISSEY issue - 100 greatest rarities.
The last two small issues were in 1991 and 2000 (but I might
be wrong).

Here's the link to the email page:
http://www.recordcollectormag.com/site/sections/contact_us/default.asp

What do you think ??

Yes I agree Lorimoz seeing as there's only Crsp & I that can be arsed to get the list going, I mean it's not that difficult to do a quote reply & add entries is it?

So my email is being sent now!

love

Grim

What about Metal Stampers for producing vinyl, which exist for every Record maybe in some copies and glasmaster (I only now this name in german, maybe its the same in english?) for dvd/cd production?

... you see, I think the line is endless for unique and "not-to-get-for-normal-people-as-me" stuff. Even this stuff exists for Smiths too. Well its very interesting to see, but how helpful is a list about this for a normal collector, to see how high his hard-fighting-and-then-won-ebay-promo was in ranking?
Even a price and ranking is hard to find for those, as they where unique or nearly unique.

I think we should create a list of stuff which has been released or distributed for promotion, and should be reachable for collectors.

Maybe a second list with out of score unique stuff may be very interesting, but less helpful for collectors in the case this lists should do .

btw: what about the 12" EDILS from the phillipines with unique cover?

Last edited:
just send the email, let record collector do the work, then we can all rip it to bits :(

love

Grim

What about Metal Stampers for producing vinyl, which exist for every Record maybe in some copies and glasmaster (I only now this name in german, maybe its the same in english?) for dvd/cd production?

... you see, I think the line is endless for unique and "not-to-get-for-normal-people-as-me" stuff. Even this stuff exists for Smiths too. Well its very interesting to see, but how helpful is a list about this for a normal collector, to see how high his hard-fighting-and-then-won-ebay-promo was in ranking?
Even a price and ranking is hard to find for those, as they where unique or nearly unique.

I think we should create a list of stuff which has been released or distributed for promotion, and should be reachable for collectors.

Maybe a second list with out of score unique stuff may be very interesting, but less helpful for collectors in the case this lists should do .

btw: what about the 12" EDILS from the phillipines with unique cover?

@walkers crisp-there is have a go merchant 7"
i bought mine few years back for GBP 30
sometimes it goes for more than that:)

The Suedehead Best Of Morrissey bonus rarities disc (needs validation)
Wasn't manufactured unfortunately. Same goes for the 7" Have a go Merchant promo, that was CD only.

Some great stuff being unearthed in this thread though. Beau I'm envious :)

Blameless, they did do a Have-A-Go 7". Never used to be really rare. Maybe it has in recent years. I had someone swear to me that the Hold On To Your Friends promo 7" didn't exist; even though I told them I had one. PS, Peter & Angelos at Vicious Sloth in Victoria have been my go-to shop for Aussie rarities since the early '90s.

moz4cd7inchpromos1.jpg

mozvinylpromos1.jpg

mozmiscdiscs1.jpg

Beau is there anything Smiths/Moz wise you are still after? Also do you have special insurance for your collection?

love

Grim

Hands up to the people who sent the email to RC so far, pls.

:D Me
:D Grim

Also, Beau, Grim or WCrisp ( or Stephane, if you have time)
I have some vinyl that were sold to me a few years ago as promo.
They have etchings: does that mean anything ?
What shall I be looking for to know that they are genuine ?

Thanx in advance

Hands up to the people who sent the email to RC so far, pls.

:D Me
:D Grim

Also, Beau, Grim or WCrisp ( or Stephane, if you have time)
I have some vinyl that were sold to me a few years ago as promo.
They have etchings: does that mean anything ?
What shall I be looking for to know that they are genuine ?

Thanx in advance

hi LozMoz a tad more info might help dear, are they white labels? What are the etchings?

love

Grim
P.s. have you had any reply from RC re your request, I've not heard owt yet!

Hi Grim
re RC, yes I did get a reply and it's good-ish news. Here's the email:

Dear Lori,

Yes, Morrissey is definitely on our 'to do' list.
May not be this year, but hopefully next year.
Thanks for the suggestion - and for your support of the mag.
Best wishes,
Alan Lewis, editor

Re the so-called promos (I doubt very much they are):

London/Half a person/Shoplifter of.....white label
Etched on one side is - RTT193-3-1U-1-2
on the other side -RTT195- A-4U-1-1-1 -ALF RAMSEY'S REVENGE

Sheila take a bow/Is it really so.. /Sweet and tender...Very pale pink label

RTT196- B -1U-1-2
RTT196- A- 1U-1-2 - COOK BERNARD MATTHEWS

Back
Top Bottom