Morrissey to sing three songs at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert - Dec 11th

Re: Morrissey to Headline the Nobel Peace Prize Concert - Dec 11th

Such wonderful news. Deserves a hearty congratulations to M.
Could there ever be lack of interest from a suitable label after this?

And on TTY, Matthew Walker back on the drums. Just wonderful! :guitar:

Has anyone else ever heard of these other guys?

Jake Bugg is ok, last year his debut album went platinum in the UK, well worth a listen.

James Blunt’s got that one song that was a hit, Mary J Blige I’ve heard of but couldn’t name any of her tracks and probably wouldn’t know one of hers if I heard it.

Don’t know the Swedish, Norwegian or Syrian lot

Fantastic Moz!!

In before the 3 songs are scandanavia, people are the same everywhere and throwing my arms around paris :((((

If he goes big he could steal the show:

Death of a Disco Dancer
I Know Its Gonna Happen Someday
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Morrissey will be performing in front of members of the Norwegian Royal Family, who traditionally attend the awards. Oh yes - and they hunt seals in Norway.
Hypocritical much, Moz? :straightface:

Agreed, how can this man be taken serious anymore he's probably going to be staging some kind of silly stunt to attract some self attention because lets face it its just gonna be three Mozzi-okee tracks (yawning already) churned out. I wonder if the band will have to pay for their own transport and accommodation ?
Morrissey and peace ? Do me a favour.

bit odd

just as Morrissey fairly critised Melissa the Hunter Bachman, a USA TV host

the oter item about PETA poststamps, it's definately used as PR to get in the picture for a deal,
nothing but that goal

I bet the Nobel prize is held there will be restaurants , where they shall not think , hey Morrissey here,
no meat in the house

on the other hand, I find it a great to be asked, and glad Morrissey has accepted the oportunity

'and they say he's mentall'... Gotenborg&I ...

but will he sing "come come neuclear bomb" to the organisation for the prohibition of neuclear weapon?

Maybe he will have "drummer Spencer" from Autobiography join him in a last minute replacement of Matt Walker. Hopefully, in a recreation of Morrissey's description in the book, Spencer will play an entirely different song than that which the band is playing...for the entire song! I saw Spencer, Bridgewood on bass and AW and BB back Morrissey in Philly in 1997. I believe Spencer was playing Herman's Hermits' beats on all songs. Now it makes sense. Another wish- Boz is dressed in drag, and the band wear t-shirts with Morrissey in Wilde pose with Who is Alfred Nobel? above him....

I can't think of a time when he has done anything like this before, ever. Interesting.

As for the three songs, a realistic guess might be something like Sunday/Action/HSIN. I certainly wouldn't expect something super rare to pop up at an event like this.

Last edited:
Better believe I'll be there.

Possibly "Meat is Murder"? I wouldn't think it's a stretch. It would be perhaps one of the biggest ways to get his message across.
Likely of the three songs only one of them is going to be Smiths — best to assert the longevity of his solo career.

For Smiths songs, I could see "Meat is Murder," "There is A Light," or even "The Queen is Dead," being cheeky.

Solo, yeah, likely not a surprise. I'd realistically expect him to throw in "People Are the Same Everywhere." "Sunday," perhaps?

Something's telling me "I Will See You in Far-Off Places" would be a strong sign-off. "Crashing Bores" would be funny.

Jake Bugg is ok, last year his debut album went platinum in the UK, well worth a listen.

James Blunt’s got that one song that was a hit, Mary J Blige I’ve heard of but couldn’t name any of her tracks and probably wouldn’t know one of hers if I heard it.

Don’t know the Swedish, Norwegian or Syrian lot

Okay, I’ve heard of Mary J Blige who hasn’t done anything in years I think. And I never saw the appeal in James Blunt. Except for Morrissey, this is a sucky list.

Morrissey and Jake Bugg are among a new batch of artists scheduled to perform at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert happening December 11th in Oslo, Norway. Syrian musician Omar Souleyman and Swedish rapper Timbuktu will also take part in the 20th annual event, joining previously announced performers Mary J. Blige, James Blunt, Swedish singer Zara Larsson and Norwegian hip-hop duo Envy. Claire Danes will host the concert.

The concert will come as part of a ceremony honoring this year's Nobel Peace Prize recipient, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, for the Netherlands-based group's efforts to eliminate chemical weapons – an especially resonant issue this year, in light of evidence that forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad have used chemical weapons in the ongoing conflict there.

Morrissey will sing three songs at the concert, according to a notice on the fan site True to You. It's been a busy year for the singer, who has canceled other concerts over recurring health problems. He also recently published an autobiography, which will be read by Walking Dead star David Morrissey in audio-book form.

Bugg, the 19-year-old English singer and songwriter, recently released his second album this year, Shangri La, which he recorded with Rick Rubin. "Might as well keep up the momentum, you know?" Bugg told Rolling Stone over the summer. "In this time that I've been touring and traveling the world I had a lot of new experiences and opportunity. Why not write about it?"

Here Morrissey's discography for free: http://www.therockcorner.com/morrissey/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom