Morrissey to publish autobiography in December 2012

CougarFrog

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/58024

Morrissey has said he plans to release his much discussed autobiography in December next year.

Speaking to Billboard, the ex-Smiths singer said that he's sees it as the "sentimental climax to the last 30 years.

Asked about the book, Morrissey replied: "I see it as the sentimental climax to the last 30 years. It will not be published until December 2012, which gives me just enough time to pack all I own in a box and disappear to central Brazil. The innocent are named and the guilty are protected."

he singer also layed into soul crooner Michael Buble, describing him as "famous and meaningless."

Asked about how he chooses the material he plays at gigs, he said: "I would find the idea of compiling a setlist that doesn't wildly excite me to be too restricting. The fire in the belly is essential, otherwise you become Michael Buble - famous and meaningless."

Morrissey also criticized the state of modern pop music, saying: "I say without bitterness that it is nothing new. I like the idea of women who are in full control, but I am tired of seeing singers who cannot deliver a song without the aide of seven hundred and fifty frenzied dancers assuming the erotic."

Well, I think that means it's all over soon. Album out sometime next year, final fair well concert in Manchester and autobiography for christmas.

We're gonna miss him when he's gone.

Morrissey has said he plans to release his much discussed autobiography in December next year.

Wait until April of 2013 and get it for half price.

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/58024

Asked about how he chooses the material he plays at gigs, he said: "I would find the idea of compiling a setlist that doesn't wildly excite me to be too restricting. The fire in the belly is essential, otherwise you become Michael Buble - famous and meaningless."

IF he said this then he is even more of douche. Has he even seen Buble? Michael Buble sings with a ferocity that is often unmatched and Buble seems to have a great time singing what he does. In a world where Harry Connick Jr was thought to have a monopoly on the next generation of those that sing the Standards, Buble has carved a pretty good career for himself in a world where Sinatra is still King and the rest are all considered 2nd rate to the Chairman of the Board.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he's going to retire when the book comes out? A wise decision. For the good, bad and ugly over the years - thankyou Morrissey.

But everybody knows that the world will end in December of 2012. Everyone knows that. The Mayans predicted it ages ago.

:crazy:

Stupid Mayans...now I won't be able to read 600 pages of blame passing, innuendo, and topic dodging.

Something to read on Christmas day after lunch. Not too sure I would want to read it as I have a feeling getting inside Morrissey's head might not be a pleasant experience...

I'm assuming he's going to retire when the book comes out? A wise decision. For the good, bad and ugly over the years - thankyou Morrissey.

I would hate it deep down if that was it though... His gigs are still great and his voice is still great.

i think it's a fake... he never signs off using his name... it's always "M"

it sounded different to the usual morrisseysworldblogspot style with that whole growing up in manchester theme and listening to marc bolan .well. so it was the blogspot guy.
I was rather guessing it was someone else behind that text, not morrissey, but not that blogspot guy again.
i had only read 2 or 3 posts of the blog when it first came into public to realize its not his blog and loose interest but the whole wording of that manchester essay which i found on a smiths fan-tumblr today got me guessing its not the blogspot-owner who is behind it but someone else. who is a more clever with wording
the tumblr poster didnt put the link to where he /she found that from.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom