Morrissey to play Tropicalia Fest (Long Beach, CA Nov. 3, passes on sale Aug 10) - Official Twitter

UPDATE Aug. 9:

Morrissey to play on Saturday Nov. 3 according to @mozangelesevents / Instagram. An anonymous person posted the link:

(The '@' links to a new Twitter profile for the event).

From www.tropicaliafest.com (2 day image updated):

43874_tropicalia-1500x1875-2-DAY.jpg

20180808_004602.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised Moz agreed to pose for that picture of him as a bullfighter.

as a bullfighter? Have your eyes tested. He’s holding a .

Pathetic. Is this the only festival that would have him? And also I can imagine the insulting things he says about CardiB in private quarters. But to her face he will be nice. I’m sure he won’t even make it to the festival for some reason or other. And then you have the delusional usuals (unlike the irregular regulars like the good old days) tripping over themselves to be there. Like nothing has changed. Sad times indeed

Cardi B is probably the hottest act in music and Morrissey is headlining over her. It must be because he's "washed up". :lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Sorry haters.

Reckon only 45 minutes with no LA traffic from Steve's home in Malibu and there will be Uncle Steve's favorite food there...... tacos!! Uncle Steve will show. Blikey! hiking buddies Hope and Steve on the same bill. I reckon if the tacos will be potato. This might be an issue inn nnn n n n n n n nn it. I reckon me don't know too many Mexicans that will eat tacos with no meat. (fish and shrimp are considered meat)

This is a music and TACO festival. The smell of meat and cheese will be in the air.

Glad they put down “line up subject to change.”

Cardi B is probably the hottest act in music and Morrissey is headlining over her. It must be because he's "washed up". :lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Sorry haters.

She is and he most definitely needs her right now more than she needs him. A vanity headline as he will most likely not play on the same day as her. Let alone show up. He probably is having a hard time getting his own gig in any decent venue. So playing a Taco Fest at Queen Mary in Long Beach with a bunch of young bands is what you get. But you have to be 19 to appreciate those bands it seems. Will be curious what the ticket sales will be on his day. Or if the youngsters stick around for his set.

Bahahahahaaaaaaa! f***ing Cardi-B and Morrissey. Absolutely perfect.

No way he’ll avoid the stench of cooking flesh at this shit-show. Gonna be steaming pork and screaming chickens for miles at this one. Top-shelf, pick and choose activism is what you’d expect from this lippy, half-assed, washed up goof.

Watching him circle the drain with his fingers slipping off the edge of the shitter bowl has become a bit of a hobby now, really.

...but I do like the stuff Faith does with Mazzy Star. ;)

I can already see it now.

"Morrissey, why did you pull out of Tropicalia Fest?"

"Erm, ah, logistical issues. I don't want to taco bout it."

I can already see it now.

"Morrissey, why did you pull out of Tropicalia Fest?"

"Erm, ah, logistical issues. I don't want to taco bout it."

Haha - this is about a half hour away from me and I won't go. I mean I knew he'd gone off the deep end when he canceled the huge Los Angeles KROQ Christmas show - a radio station that was instrumental in hyping the Smiths and his solo career. Besides all the other crap, his cancellation rate just sucks! I won't risk it.

Haha - this is about a half hour away from me and I won't go. I mean I knew he'd gone off the deep end when he canceled the huge Los Angeles KROQ Christmas show - a radio station that was instrumental in hyping the Smiths and his solo career. Besides all the other crap, his cancellation rate just sucks! I won't risk it.
I saw him in a barbecue restaurant's music venue on the Ringleaders tour in Spokane, so I suppose if he could get a guarantee that all taco sales halt for the duration of his set it might go on, but I don't see this gelling with the anti-meat stance he's been pushing at venues, or drunk ass festival goers clamoring for Carne Asada and Tacos al Pastor.

How many songs would he usually play at these festivals where he's sharing the stage. Is it worth it to go just for him?
It really would be a travesty if he cancelled and I'd have paid 100 dollars to sit through Cardi B! :sick:

Reckon I am flying to LA from Howartshireessex United, UK and I am spending my life savings trying to get to LA and I am going to make a stop in New Youuuuurk to get me a Yankee cap first, but would it be too much to ask for a Hope and Steve duet on Blue Flower and Hallah.....It would get me laid for sure after the gig m8 inn n n n nn n n n it

Uncle Steve is not cancelling if there are free potato tacos m8!!!! I reckon me hope the cholos don't ruin everything by bringing their own meat tacos inn n n n n nn n n n it.

How many songs would he usually play at these festivals where he's sharing the stage. Is it worth it to go just for him?
It really would be a travesty if he cancelled and I'd have paid 100 dollars to sit through Cardi B! :sick:

Morrissey showing up is never to be taken for granted, however, when I saw him at FYF in 2015 he played a very solid show.

For those not so ready to shit on this festival, there are some good acts. I've seen Natalia Lafourcade live 3 times - an awesome Mexican singer who does a blend of rock, folk, pop, etc. - very unique (check out Musas Vol 1. and Hasta La Raiz). I like Mac Demarco, also saw him at FYF. Chicano Batman has some good songs - check out "Freedom is Free." No one has mentioned Mazzy Star - surprising for all those musically still in the 90's. :)

Uncle Steve had to cancel last year's hometown LA Christmas gig and the remaining US dates because of the fire damage to his house from the LA fires last December. That is why he did the quick money Brittish and Nazi country tour for the first time in 5 years to get fast foreigner money to pay for the damages the insurance didn't cover m8 inn n n n nn n n n it I reckon. I can't remember an LA or San Diego gig being cancelled prior.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom