Morrissey to play Tropicalia Fest (Long Beach, CA Nov. 3, passes on sale Aug 10) - Official Twitter

UPDATE Aug. 9:

Morrissey to play on Saturday Nov. 3 according to @mozangelesevents / Instagram. An anonymous person posted the link:

(The '@' links to a new Twitter profile for the event).

From www.tropicaliafest.com (2 day image updated):

43874_tropicalia-1500x1875-2-DAY.jpg

20180808_004602.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has confirmed to me in person that he will play in my living room a few days before Christmas. It will be shown live online in 4k.
good coz iv just bought a 4k tv last Saturday.

I believe 'greatest hits' & the above art is 'shopped' by a certain fan/events page on Instagram. It is not an official Tropicalia image. Happy to be wrong.
Regards,
FWD.
The picture looks like a bad tracing from a newspaper photo.

Ah yeah, there's my main man, knife in hand, ready to slay the Tropicália. :guitar: Stick in the knife, stick in the knife!

Mazzy Star like to play in total darkness these days but don't close your eyes. A man who slits throats is headlining, and he's gonna get you.
But your tacos had better be vegan or sorrow will come to you in the end......

I find it strange that he would want to play a festival that:
A)Celebrates immigrant culture, I mean isn’t that what he’s railing against? The Un-British nature that immigrants bring to the UK? It’s the same backlash here in the US that immigrants face, with that MAGA bullshit

and

B) A festival that will have an ungodly amount of meat.

Truth be told, I don’t know why I come to this site anymore. I don’t care if he puts out a new album, or if he plays across the street from my house. Maybe I’m just hoping he’s not fully sold on what he’s been saying, but I know that’s not the case.
30+yrs of fandom and defending him, over 56 shows, a massive vinyl collection and he’s had a colossal trip at the finish line on me.
Yeah it’s fun to troll and rip on each other, but I’ve met some truly wonderful people on here and at the shows, but it’s time to hang up the boots so to speak.
Thanks David for keeping Morrissey News alive through the bleak years between albums and for the documentation of setlists.

In closing, there is always Suede
Goodnight and thank you.
r.m.
what kind of vegan plays at a taco festival? As for immigration, in my estimation Morrissey is very pro open border when it comes to the US southern border. UK's southern border, not so much.

Reckon only 45 minutes with no LA traffic from Steve's home in Malibu and there will be Uncle Steve's favorite food there...... tacos!! Uncle Steve will show. Blikey! hiking buddies Hope and Steve on the same bill. I reckon if the tacos will be potato. This might be an issue inn nnn n n n n n n nn it. I reckon me don't know too many Mexicans that will eat tacos with no meat. (fish and shrimp are considered meat)

The reports on the 2017 festival stated there were lots of vegetarian and vegan tacos available.

I saw him in a barbecue restaurant's music venue on the Ringleaders tour in Spokane, so I suppose if he could get a guarantee that all taco sales halt for the duration of his set it might go on, but I don't see this gelling with the anti-meat stance he's been pushing at venues, or drunk ass festival goers clamoring for Carne Asada and Tacos al Pastor.

My understanding is they have all you can eat tacos from food trucks from 11am to 4pm, no extra charge. Some of them are vegan taco trucks.

Morrissey at a taco festival really? Since he’s fully gone to the right I wonder if he’s now a carnivore as well and given up on the whole vegetarianism bullshit. He’s gonna put out a new hit called meat is delicious.

The animal rights cause is trans-ideological.

Is this going to be the Springtime for Hitler tour? Or the "I love Muslims, I really do....they are just not welcome in my country tour".

Ever felt had?

Ah yeah, there's my main man, knife in hand, ready to slay the Tropicália. :guitar: Stick in the knife, stick in the knife!

Mazzy Star like to play in total darkness these days but don't close your eyes. A man who slits throats is headlining, and he's gonna get you.
But your tacos had better be vegan or sorrow will come to you in the end......

Morrissey The Ripper??? :eek::eek::eek:!
Well then, Viva vegan tacos!!!

My understanding is they have all you can eat tacos from food trucks from 11am to 4pm, no extra charge. Some of them are vegan taco trucks.
So they'll run out of tacos by 1 pm and people will be furious.

I thought Trump’s goons kicked him out of the country for his comments about the president? If not, is he going to visit more cities?

UPDATE Aug. 9:

Morrissey to play on Saturday Nov. 3 according to @mozangelesevents / Instagram. An anonymous person posted the link:

(The '@' links to a new Twitter profile for the event).

From www.tropicaliafest.com (2 day image updated):

43874_tropicalia-1500x1875-2-DAY.jpg

View attachment 45341
Regards,
FWD.

I thought Trump’s goons kicked him out of the country for his comments about the president? If not, is he going to visit more cities?

Steve has lived in Moz Angeles since 1992 and is not going anywhere. He will probably be the next governor of California.

So....that bloody knife he is holding....umm...is he making our...favorite jam? ...or closer comes the screaming knife?
He probably managed to get either a bad journalist or a stupid 'fan' talking shit about him.

I guess Morrissey can’t sell out his own shows anymore and has to join and play on a music festival to call it a sell out. When you say stupid shit and play the same tired setlists and songs years after years it’s gonna make fans not bother with you anymore and as fans become older they can see thru the bullshit.

I guess Morrissey can’t sell out his own shows anymore and has to join and play on a music festival to call it a sell out. When you say stupid shit and play the same tired setlists and songs years after years it’s gonna make fans not bother with you anymore and as fans become older they can see thru the bullshit.

I definitely agree about the tired and uninspired setlists ... but Morrissey playing festivals is not a new development. Reading in 2004 and Coachella in 1999 and 2009 come to mind (The Smiths played festivals for that matter). Now arguably this is a smaller profile festival.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom