Morrissey to play in Berlin

Another great reason for visiting Berlin for the umpteenth time, my favorite city in the world. A very exciting choice of venue. I'll be staying in Friedrichshain (as per usual) though if I go.

The venue is certainly nice and different. However I've read that the bands have to finish their sets at 9.30 pm due to neighbour complaints (I wonder which neighbours are that close to this venue in particular?). Would be nicer to see Moz performing while it's already dark. Anyway I think he was always enjoying Berlin so far. So I hope it will be a night to remember.

Only 10 days to go - is there anything announced for an aftershow party?
If not: any nice venue recommended after the show?

I remember last time in 2009 (Tempodrom concert) we went to a Bar called Schokoladen in Berlin Mitte (near Rosentaler Platz) where they played lots of Moz/Smiths stuff then...

danish hostel has free internet yay well the concert as said takes place in a more quiet neighbourhood in the outskirts where there is not much to nothing nightlife .
there are kneipen(pubs) surely in spandau but dii guests there not the young hip berlin you will be expecting
you have to
travel inside the city agan to kreuzberg friedrichshain,mitte prenzlauer berg etc to find some nice bar or club. i dont know anyhing about a aftershowparty

Last edited:
Does anyone needs a Ticket for Berlin? I have 1-3 Tixx to give, 50 Euro each, Tickets can be hand over in Berlin at every time from now on.
Cheers: Stefan

2 days!!

I am staying with my girlfriend at the Angleterre. Hope we can find this place.

Re: For those of you who can't wait:

Hi guys,
I'm just curious as to what would be the best way to get to the Zitadelle Spandau by metro? I'll be coming from Alexanderplatz. Should I go for the metro or should I just catch a taxi?
I'm not a Berlin native, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, how early are you folks getting there? Are you guys getting there early in hope of getting a barrier spot?

Well, you have to leave at Zitadelle (U 7) if you go by underground. From there just follow the masses:). Probably takes 30 - 40 minutes from Alexanderplatz and you have to change.

Check here:

http://www.fahrinfo-berlin.de/Linie...E6F6E792D5EAAFE1DAD01D63C3;ref=1?language=en&

There is hope according to the forecast that it will stop raining in the evening.

Due to work I probably can't make too early. Well maybe I finish early since I'm self-employed. Usually it's not a big problem to make to or near the front if you turn up when the gates open.

Last edited:
I'm going on a stake out today. Anyone care to take a punt as to where he might be staying while in Berlin?

does it rain currently in berlin? in hamburg it isnt...leaving very soon...

you sure about that?

Today! pumped. Have not seen Morrissey since 2007.

well - my weather app on the phone says rain at 8 in the morning (sun is shining in berlin, as i already wrote) and sunshine at 8 in the evening... :-\

or take the the U 7 from bahnhof spandau instead of bus! U7 stops at zitadelle spandau!
i do walk though...

Back
Top Bottom