Morrissey to play at the Cruel World Festival (Carson, CA, May 2, 2020)

full

Information via Jesse Tobias:

20200211_202104.jpg

Event website:
https://cruelworldfest.com/
(presale tickets / prices).
Update February 15: tickets sold out.

A nice selection of bands.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

Last edited:
That’s odd as he posted this on Morrissey Central?

In May 2004 Morrissey played a week of sold-out concerts at the famous Harlem Apollo in New York City. In response to invitations to do another one-week residency in Harlem for May 2020, Morrissey has said he would be delighted to return.

I know that, I was referring to the post above that says that the Apollo is booked for "Blue" the entire month of May. The calendar I looked at only shows two dates booked, not for "Blue".

I know that, I was referring to the post above that says that the Apollo is booked for "Blue" the entire month of May. The calendar I looked at only shows two dates booked, not for "Blue".

It’s on ticketmaster.com that shows Apollo Theater booked up by Blue

Who is the woman on the poster. That can't be Linda Ronstadt. LOL. I hope he has a lovely visit with Debbie Harry and Chris Stein. A lot of this is late 70s for me. Blondie were MIA in the 80s. Lucky California.

That’s odd as he posted this on Morrissey Central?

In May 2004 Morrissey played a week of sold-out concerts at the famous Harlem Apollo in New York City. In response to invitations to do another one-week residency in Harlem for May 2020, Morrissey has said he would be delighted to return.
:rolleyes:

good spot. if its Jan and no shows are showing for May, that must mean that there will not shows in the Apollo in May!! :lbf:

:handpointdown:

9ae1d24ff76db627f55a0d291f374a0e.jpg

I remember a blip for a few teenage years when I turned into a vegetarian which turned my feeder nan into a tailspin. She was very pleased with herself when she served me beans and boiled potatoes alongside her homemade potato and bean croquettes.

As you would expect Morrissey claimed to be vegetarian when he ate fish which would have made him pescatarian. Morrissey misrepresenting himself - who would have think it? Morrissey is now an evengelical vegan. He donned the mantle in his mid 50s. From pescatarian to vegetarian to vegan - it only took him about 40 years.
What makes you think he used to eat fish?

I hope he does a lot of Smiths, or else the crowd probably won't be happy. I imagine everyone will be playing their greatest hits.
I suspect you are right, and of course this is the sort of 'crowd-pleasing Greatest Hits' set Morrissey rarely does. I expect a set heavily focused on recent solo material, and probably a lot of casual fans making copious trips to the bar.

surprised to see Bauhaus getting second billing,they have had more break ups than a bad marriage,they only got back together again last year.shes in parties was a good song as was bela lugosis dead.

surprised to see Bauhaus getting second billing,they have had more break ups than a bad marriage,they only got back together again last year.shes in parties was a good song as was bela lugosis dead.

I saw some footage of their LA show last year and they played a blistering set. Peter Murphy is still a compelling performer. Moz is going to have to step up his game.

What makes you think he used to eat fish?

When he was saying 'Meat Is Murder,' how many of the band were vegetarians?
Mike: "None of us were. Because you remember when we did it and we were all sat round having a meal in the studio, and we were talking about vegetarianism?"
Andy: "Morrissey made you feel uncomfortable about eating meat in his presence, so in the end you'd do it but you wouldn't enjoy it."
Mike: "Well, you know what stopped me from eating it were the lyrics for 'Meat Is Murder'. The actual lyrics. Not so much him saying, What're you eating there?"
Andy: "Then we moved on to fish, didn't we? And we hammered that for about a month, until we couldn't stand the sight of fish any more. Then Mozz said one day, Fish feel pain too. And that was the fish gone."
Mike: "Well, that was my big argument, because you see Mozzer would love his bag of chips, like all good northern lads do. So you know, we'd go into a chippy somewhere and I'd be like, Have a f***in' fish - because I stopped eating meat with 'Meat Is Murder,' I haven't eaten it since..."

Is that the same for you, Andy?
Andy: (sheepishly) "Er... no..."
Mike: (confidentially to Andy) "It's alright, he's not here. (loudly) But anyway we'd go out for a bag of chips and I'd say, Have some fish, come on Mozzer - they don't have no central nervous system, they don't feel pain! You've got to draw the line somewhere. So I drew the line at eating fish. I saw Morrissey only about three weeks ago in Altrincham and he had a brilliant leather jacket on. And I was like, Yer f***in'... trying to rip it off his back. And it was PVC. But it was the best PVC I have ever seen in my life. We sat down and had a pint, had a jar."

There was also a NY Times article out this week explaining that Blue was originally scheduled for Broadway, but since B'way theaters are so in demand now, they had to move to the Apollo as Blue could not secure a B'way venue. So a change of plans. Hopefully they have room for a weeks residency after Blue ends in August. Blue is a four-month run with a production nearly every day.

It’s on ticketmaster.com that shows Apollo Theater booked up by Blue

did he not say a while ago that he only eats potatoes and bread and that it was so boring.

You must remember though !

“Unless you see the words come from my mouth, I didn’t say it” (even though he did :rolleyes:)

Take whatever he says with a pinch of salt. He’s full of shit, caught out many times.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Or a massive music festival has offered him £150k to perform a 70 minute set.
Yep, it's definitely a sign that things are coming to an end.
On his own merit it would be a dodgy bet if he could sell tickets.
He is standing on others shoulders to shift tickets.
Covers album.
Things are coming to a vulgar end.
Poor reproduction,
the lights out.

When he was saying 'Meat Is Murder,' how many of the band were vegetarians?
Mike: "None of us were. Because you remember when we did it and we were all sat round having a meal in the studio, and we were talking about vegetarianism?"
Andy: "Morrissey made you feel uncomfortable about eating meat in his presence, so in the end you'd do it but you wouldn't enjoy it."
Mike: "Well, you know what stopped me from eating it were the lyrics for 'Meat Is Murder'. The actual lyrics. Not so much him saying, What're you eating there?"
Andy: "Then we moved on to fish, didn't we? And we hammered that for about a month, until we couldn't stand the sight of fish any more. Then Mozz said one day, Fish feel pain too. And that was the fish gone."
Mike: "Well, that was my big argument, because you see Mozzer would love his bag of chips, like all good northern lads do. So you know, we'd go into a chippy somewhere and I'd be like, Have a f***in' fish - because I stopped eating meat with 'Meat Is Murder,' I haven't eaten it since..."

Is that the same for you, Andy?
Andy: (sheepishly) "Er... no..."
Mike: (confidentially to Andy) "It's alright, he's not here. (loudly) But anyway we'd go out for a bag of chips and I'd say, Have some fish, come on Mozzer - they don't have no central nervous system, they don't feel pain! You've got to draw the line somewhere. So I drew the line at eating fish. I saw Morrissey only about three weeks ago in Altrincham and he had a brilliant leather jacket on. And I was like, Yer f***in'... trying to rip it off his back. And it was PVC. But it was the best PVC I have ever seen in my life. We sat down and had a pint, had a jar."
All this is saying is that Mike and Andy ate fish for a month, prior to giving up eating animals altogether. It is widely acknowledged that Moz has been vegetarian since he was 11, so I can only assume that Mike means that no one in the band except Moz was vegetarian at the start of Meat Is Murder. I think that’s pretty obvious.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom