Morrissey to on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson April 18

He made jokes about looking like that guy on his show. Man I miss that show.

I remember...that's what made me think of it :p In fact, I think it was the night QOTSA were on his show.

I LOVE this song! I've seen them once -great show. Josh is frinky... and who doesn't love Dave Grohl on da skins!!

No One Knows

And who can forget this dude on Craig :D

I remember when Craig played the audio clip (after the monologue) of "I have forgiven Jesus" I hadn't really heard the song yet--and he played the part "Monday humiliation, Tues... etc" and then I totally lol'd at the Thursday is pathetic -and thought that is SO MORRISSEY!! Who else could do a song like that :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard that a lot of people showed up today to see morrissey taping the show but when they got there, morrissey had already recorded with no audience :|

^ That doesn't look like cutting him off much to me. But I get ya. Maher just wanted to tell more jokes, not necessarily continue that one... and Ferg doesn't look too bothered, he seemed to laugh at it. I know, sometimes you laugh cuz you can't believe what someone just said.

hey C, I know what you're saying, but it's not the case. There was quite a bit of press afterwards acknowledging what happened and saying how upset Craig was.
Just sayin. :D
trust me dear, i know what i'm sayin ;)

I think Craig Kilborn looks like Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age--and also frinky)
bad pic of Craig but the only one on Photobucket

Craig.jpg
Josh.jpg

Other guys who resemble Kilby:

Nick Carter

Nick_Carter_01.jpg

Eric Stoltz:

stoltz2.jpg

And I love Craig Ferguson. :D

flip-l.jpg

omg
CG and I went to the show. We were the only moz fans put in the front row. I just about peed myself. :eek::eek::eek: I think Moz saw me start crying.

I'm at the Apple store, will post more later.
xox
mell

hey C, I know what you're saying, but it's not the case. There was quite a bit of press afterwards acknowledging what happened and saying how upset Craig was.

I did not know that. But I know that you know what you say you know. :)

omg
CG and I went to the show. We were the only moz fans put in the front row. I just about peed myself. :eek::eek::eek: I think Moz saw me start crying.

xox
mell

OMG!! YEAY!!!!!! WOW, you are the luckiest girl, mell!! *high fives*

omg

xox
mell

i'm so jealous, somebody needs to slap me and call me Sally
:tears:

Other guys who resemble Kilby:

Nick Carter

Nick_Carter_01.jpg

Eric Stoltz:

stoltz2.jpg

And I love Craig Ferguson. :D

flip-l.jpg

btw, and i don't even like Kilby (he's a piece of work, this guy, what with his ego and his teenage kid that he won't acknowledge), but Nick Carter wishes he looked like him.
;)

Maher is surprised but was that the end of the segment anyway. Hard to tell how upset Craig was, like C said. The offensiveness of the joke is subjective. It seemed to be a joke about Bill more than the kids.

Q: What is Michael Jackson's idea of a perfect ten?
A: Two five year-olds.

This is a joke about MJ. Offensive?

Maher is surprised but was that the end of the segment anyway. Hard to tell how upset Craig was, like C said. The offensiveness of the joke is subjective. It seemed to be a joke about Bill more than the kids.

Q: What is Michael Jackson's idea of a perfect ten?
A: Two five year-olds.

This is a joke about MJ. Offensive?

Not in the same way. It's a fine line, that I know. Bill crossed the line with it, and Ferguson was really upset. It WASN'T the end of the segment, at least it wasn't supposed to be. Maher had at least another 4 minutes scheduled. Ferguson did end it early. It's in his wikipedia entry, under the "Memorable Episodes" heading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Ferguson , along with many other places on the web that reference the interview. :)

Not in the same way. It's a fine line, that I know. Bill crossed the line with it, and Ferguson was really upset. It WASN'T the end of the segment, at least it wasn't supposed to be. Maher had at least another 4 minutes scheduled. Ferguson did end it early. It's in his wikipedia entry, under the "Memorable Episodes" heading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Ferguson , along with many other places on the web that reference the interview. :)

Did you make that Wiki entry? Just kidding - thanks for the link.

Q: What did the guy say to Michael Jackson at the beach?
A: Hey, get out of my sun (heard son)!

Did you make that Wiki entry? Just kidding - thanks for the link.
:eek: You caught me! Ha, no, 'twas not me... not that much of a fan. well, actually I am, but i still didn't add it. :D and, you're welcome :)
Q: What did the guy say to Michael Jackson at the beach?
A: Hey, get out of my sun (heard son)!

how do you know it's bed time at MJ's house? it's when the big hand touches the little hand

See, my problem is not with harmless ridiculous two-line ba-da-ba! type jokes, as the above are. and again, i know it's a fine line. it's just Maher's callous attitude and dismissal of the serious crimes that were and are committed against children :mad: that gets me, and on national television, at that. he's a very influential guy, at least to a lot of people, and he needs to be careful with how he speaks.

so... :)

Last edited:
I never watch those late night shows (except occassionally Conan) but I will make an exception for Moz, of course :)
Even though it's not officially listed on CBS' website yet, I hope it's true.

read the other posts, someone's already been to the taping dear! :) !

They don't close for another 13 minutes! You can post a lot in that time!

LOL! I just got home to San Diego. I logged off at the Apple store as soon as I posted.

Main page stuff is all accurate...We weren't sure what was going on because the audience ppl told us that Morrissey had already filmed his bits because of his schedule. They said if you were only there for Morrissey and didn't want to stay to give them your tickets and they would notify you next time he was going to do a taping at the CBS studios and you'd get priority entrance, etc. They said if you wanted to stay that would be great too.

I was with Crystal Geezer and we decided "what the hell, let's stay" since I took the day off of work and drove 2 hrs from San Diego for this. When we gave the lady our tickets, they wrote a 1 on our hands -- I've never been to a taping before so I was like :confused: Turns out that meant we got to sit in Row 1 and all the other Moz fans were placed in Row 2 for some reason. (However once in the studio, Row 2 seemed to be more like Rows 4+)

The studio was TINY and there was band equipment set up. I think the warm-up comedian told us that the studio seats 113 people. We're sitting there waiting and the studio crew was walking about setting stuff up, and then I realize, "That's Solomon standing there." :eek: "Oh and Jesse. And Boz!" :eek::eek:

The warm-up comedian then told us, "uhh we have a little surprise for you. Morrissey is here." :eek:

I screamed like a little girl and blew out Crystal Geezer's right eardrum and starting crying little tears of joy!!!! I think Morrissey saw me freaking out since I was front row center :eek: As posted on the mainpage, Morrissey was wearing a grey (sort of silvery?) blazer with dark grey trousers and an American Idol tshirt! He sang "All You Need Is Me" and when he was done, he took his jacket off to fully expose his American Idol tshirt :D The shirt was really tight and he looked quite svelte! His PA came out a few moments later to tell him something and then he said something regarding not being allowed to wear the tshirt because Idol is on another network. I think someone in the audience yelled, "take it off then!" :D His PA told him to put his blazer back on. Then he sang "Irish Blood, English Heart."

He looked great, happy, healthy, etc. His part was over too quickly, I think I was in shock from being told he wasn't there, blah blah, and then finding out he was RIGHT THERE!

p.s. Crystal Geezer and I went to Pinkberry before we went to queue and a cover of "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" played. I swear it was a sign!

Cozza: *high five back* someone's been giving me really good luck lately, it's a little crazy. Maybe I need to buy some lottery tickets!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom