Morrissey to appear on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon (June 25, 2015)

No chance of an interview, I imagine he'll play "Kiss Me A Lot." "Istanbul" slightly less likely. But I'd say it's extremely possible that he'd pull a Morrissey and do "The World is Full of Crashing Bores." Because, y'know, it's a national TV spot, why not do a song from over ten years ago, right? :p

No chance of an interview, I imagine he'll play "Kiss Me A Lot." "Istanbul" slightly less likely. But I'd say it's extremely possible that he'd pull a Morrissey and do "The World is Full of Crashing Bores." Because, y'know, it's a national TV spot, why not do a song from over ten years ago, right? :p

Well, I just hope he will THIS TIME know where to put the mic after his "performance", no matter how strangely endearing it was on Gazebo :p

UPDATE June 16:

Morrissey on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - true-to-you.net
16 June 2015

Morrissey will appear on the episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon that will air on June 25, 2015, at 11:34 p.m. Morrissey will play 'Kiss me a lot'.

Roberto Ferdenzi writes:

Morrissey to appear on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon.

Mark Wahlberg, Chris Colfer Scheduled for Fallon's "The Tonight Show" - Headline Planet

Excerpt:

Mark Wahlberg, Chris Colfer and Morrissey are scheduled for an upcoming "Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon."

Like his “Ted 2″ co-star Seth MacFarlane, Mark Wahlberg will be supporting the film on an upcoming edition of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.”

Wahlberg’s appearance is slated for the June 25 installment of NBC’s flagship late night talk show.

Chris Colfer and Morrissey are also booked for that night’s edition of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just hope he will THIS TIME know where to put the mic after his "performance", no matter how strangely endearing it was on Gazebo :p

Gazebo was just an odd setup for a performer. Very little room for the band, if I recall correctly no mic stand.

Fallon and Moz...two people with (public) dispositions so different it's not even funny.

Can you imagine him doing something like this?:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallon and Moz...two people with (public) dispositions so different it's not even funny.

Can you imagine him doing something like this?:

Well Fallon would know Moz isn't the type to ever do something like this. If Moz ever WERE to agree to an interview with Fallon, I think Fallon would definitely treat him with the respect he deserves and not just try to get laughs like Kimmel. If there's one American late night show Moz SHOULD do an interview for (in terms of getting a decent, respectable interview across), it's Fallon.

Well Fallon would know Moz isn't the type to ever do something like this. If Moz ever WERE to agree to an interview with Fallon, I think Fallon would definitely treat him with the respect he deserves and not just try to get laughs like Kimmel. If there's one American late night show Moz SHOULD do an interview for (in terms of getting a decent, respectable interview across), it's Fallon.

Fred said just about the same thing this a.m.

I'm sure Jimmy Fallon is a fan, since his giving of The Smiths shirt to Will Smith with his family on it. Fallon said "oh do you remember the Smiths? You know Morrissey" Will Smith had this bewildered look on his face and said "oh yeah, he's cool", so I see Fallon having a request like he does with all his favorite bands, but there is no way Morrissey will do it. I wonder if Fallon will be allowed to look at him in the eyes backstage.

I will put money on "Interesting Drug".

I'm sure Jimmy Fallon is a fan, since his giving of The Smiths shirt to Will Smith with his family on it. Fallon said "oh do you remember the Smiths? You know Morrissey" Will Smith had this bewildered look on his face and said "oh yeah, he's cool", so I see Fallon having a request like he does with all his favorite bands, but there is no way Morrissey will do it. I wonder if Fallon will be allowed to look at him in the eyes backstage.

I will put money on "Interesting Drug".

Excellent point!

ZyOM3FJ.jpg

Surprise guests ! The Duck Dynasty ! Yes let's get the fight everyone wants to see back on.
Salford fairy-weight from the so called school of hard knocks Dorrissey verses some hairy-arse hillbilly Grandpa Walton.
" Come on Grandpa ! Come on Grandpa ! Easy ! Easy ! Easy ! "

( in a camp voice ) I'm not coming now, I've got a puncture !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Don't get too excited. We all saw Morrissey pick up a bug in Atlanta.

I agree completely and what you just said about Fallon reminded me of this "The amiable genius of Dick Cavett exemplifies trust and goodness used to clever purpose, and this gets the best out of Douglas, and we get to understand how what passes as self-esteem is really born out of sorrows and the fear of being put back to wherever you once unfortunately were." Maybe that's what Moz is looking for.

What are the odds he will flake out at the last minute and not appear?

great news, gay peeps. the gay fallon show will be going super gay on june 25. hit the dvr button today. right away.

Surprise guests ! The Duck Dynasty ! Yes let's get the fight everyone wants to see back on.
Salford fairy-weight from the so called school of hard knocks Dorrissey verses some hairy-arse hillbilly Grandpa Walton.
" Come on Grandpa ! Come on Grandpa ! Easy ! Easy ! Easy ! "

( in a camp voice ) I'm not coming now, I've got a puncture !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

That was Jimmy Kimmel. Get it right.

Oh, it would be grand though.

I'm pretty certain Fallon does an impression of Morrissey, so it could be a possibility. Fallon's done the side by side impressions with Jagger, Sting, Neil Young, and McCartney, and in my humble opinion, Morrissey is an equally deserving pop icon. Either way, I'm just excited to see him making a television appearance ( and fulfilling the concert dates). Hopefully, this will be a drama-free year for M.

lynnda

Just do what he wants.

Back
Top Bottom