Morrissey: The Last Unwoke Pop Star - The Post Millennial

Morrissey: The Last Unwoke Pop Star - The Post Millennial
By Libby Emmons and Barrett Wilson

Excerpt:

There was always only one Morrissey. But in 2019, this matters more than it ever has. All intelligent people know that we must separate the art from the artist. In our culture, this results in disallowing an artists’ real-life actions to affect the perception and appreciation of their art. It’s harder to apply this basic rule to Morrissey. That’s because, more than any other artist, Morrissey is his art.

full

Update:
The article link has subsequently been shared by Morrissey Official Facebook, Jesse & Morrissey Central.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s a reactionary, consumed by his own venom. Reason is beyond him, he can’t even recognise his own self. He’s lost in the labyrinth of his own mind and knows not how he got there, nor the way out. He is what life excretes.

And he cannot meet your challenge.
I thought you were writing about Morrissey and thought "Insightful!"

This opening salvo intends to promote the writers as intellectuals with understanding of psychological and sociological norms. However, it reads very much like an excitable 15 year old attempting to please someone, anyone.

“All intelligent people know that we must separate the art from the artist.”
… with this objectivity disappears. We are in a blame culture.

“Morrissey is his art.” If this is true then his political statements are intrinsic to his core beliefs. Those beliefs could arguably filter to his lyrics. This confirms why so many fans have left the fold. They believe that what Morrissey says, Morrissey is. Racist.

“In our culture.” It would have been helpful to define who’s culture this is?

This … “Morrissey is ultimately a critically thinking individual, who does not hold back his views, his heart, his art, or his love.” … as mentioned later in the piece.

In a political sense Morrissey is one of the least critical thinkers I’m aware of. He lashes out like an erratic Trump never holding back his views only to later claim that he has been misinterpreted – even when he ‘interviews’ himself. In a live setting his art is restricted to a rigid one hour and twenty minutes. Have the writers viewed any of the cover art proferred within the last few years? As for his heart and his love well, … he publicly denies his current ‘love’ as he has all of the others. There’s no heart at all in that behaviour and absolutely no compassion.
then why are you still here??

Morrissey should think about hiring the artist who created the photo collage. It's sort of profound. Very seventies Punk.

I was not one of the first to write an analysis like this, I was THE first. My analysis still remains the best and as far as I'm concerned, none of these others are even in the same league with me. It begins and ends with my analysis.

I think this is a well-written article, one of the best of this kind, by this kind I mean fawning.
It's written to please The Moz. It's not quite circling the anus like that Fiona woman's but it's of that type.
It has truth in it. Moz has been picked on, for years- It's almost unheard of in music to have an artist treated like this, he seems to have affected people on such a deep level, that the haters just can't help themselves.
I hear Martin from Gene is planing a "farewell" concert, where he gets Gene together. The gig is for next year. This probably means there will be a tour. I mention this as I think it's safe to say Martin like Dave Haslam and Billy Bragg, will get his press attacking The Moz .
The only moment of notoriety Martin got in the last 20 years was with his "Why Morrissey is Dead to me" article for The Quietus. Martin has had one solo lp since Gene split up and that was ok but didn't get anywhere, his solo gigs didn't really sell.

It might seem like the UK is against The Moz, although it's true he has lost lots of fans, its not really the UK against him its a fragment of the Brighton/London Media- they are all friends more or less. I was a music journalist (I know hate me) and I 've been around this lot and they are careerists, they are like kids and they are connected. Dave Haslam, is friends with lots of the Guardian and The Quietus, Billy Braggs is friends with The Guardian and The Quietus. Martin is friends with Billy Bragg, Jurnos like Simon Price ( a long time The Moz hater) and The Quietus and The Graudrian.
It's funny as back in the day Martin was sold as a Moz superfan who "made it". Morrissey didn't want anything to do with Martin or Gene but as they were fans he was nice about them in public ( in private he thought they were shit). Martin did what all fans do he became friends with the band to find an "in". That didn't work, although Alian did sort out a very quick (10 minute) interview in LA. That was the one and only time The Moz and Martin spent time together. The Moz did let Gene play at his Meltdown show, but he didn't let them near the main stage, he got them to play like buskers in the bar ( obviously sending a "know your place" message).

Martin is a fan who styled himself on The Moz, trying to talk like him and sing like him, be like him. In truth, they were/are nothing alike.
Martin was someone who needed to join bandwagons. Brit pop and sliding along in The Moz slipstream picking up the Smiths/ Moz Fan base who never really got it
It was due to Brit pop being so huge that Gene got the audience they did, this was a time when guitar music took the UK by storm. Even an Oasis tribute band could sell out Brixton Academy.
It became clear to us that Martin didn't really have any connection with Moz as such he just wanted his fame. So he trolled him as a fan. Then once The Moz became unfashionable Martin trolled him as an Ex fan/hater. The famous people who connected with The Moz like Brett Anderson, Noel G, Damon Alban etc . have never talked smack about The Moz, in fact they defend him.

I mention Martin here, as a pre-warning of the next stage of attack on The Moz .
Martin will be sold as the lefts nice version of The Moz. Which is unfair as Martin is well known for using women for money, to get ahead. Shit, he even left his three year old kid to be with an LA comedian/Britpop groupie with money- no less than 10 months later he's launching his career. You full in the blanks

If The Moz got the Smiths together and done some gigs but sold the gigs as his solo gigs not Smiths gigs, when really they where a reunion, the haters would go wild. Martin is doing that and nobody cares. Martin is selling the gig as if its a solo gig, a farewell to his music career.
But Gene already did a farewell gig and Martin has only had one lp.
Its a real ego play having posters with only your name on, having only your picture but mentioning Gene are getting back together as if that's not the main reason tickets would sell.
If The Moz had to go to a go fund me website and didn't sell the haters would love it . Thats what happened to Martin, yet it's not mentioned.
If The Moz wrote a "Why Bowie is dead to me" article the haters would attack, Martin wrote his anti-Moz article and nobody minded.
If The Moz based his entire career around another persons work, the haters would destroy him. Martin did it, nobody minded.
If The Moz was a fan of a fraud like Johann Hari, the haters would rip him to shreds but Martin loved him and invited him to gigs on twitter. Nobody cared.
Just examples of the double standards at play

Getting back to the original post, The Moz has found himself in this position not because of these haters (most of which seem to love him really) but because of his own actions and words.
The Moz could have still left the haters standing like he always has if he didn't forget what he was about.
Over the last 9 years Moz has lost his way, its like he has forgotten what he was, what's great about himself and so he's just bouncing back and forth.
I think this has all happened due to the idiots he surrounds himself with, Jesse, Sam, his "minders" and a team of Fiona's all of which don't care that he's ruining his own career as long as they get their share- has their ever been a super fan leach like Sam in another pop persons life? Sam is happy to embarrass and throw his own uncle under the bus just to get likes on Instagram. I've never seen such a lack of love and respect before.
Its also evident, Sam is more like a Fan than a family member. He seems to have little understanding of his uncle.
Fiona, seems to live her life just waiting for an excuse to be able to write a The Moz "defence piece"

The results of all of this is Moz just isn't respected like he was. The reason tickets aren't selling is due to Moz not being seen to be the person he was. Not seen to be as cool or in touch.

I think he just needs to get away for a few years. No more shows. Then come back.

I think this is a well-written article, one of the best of this kind, by this kind I mean fawning.
It's written to please The Moz. It's not quite circling the anus like that Fiona woman's but it's of that type.
It has truth in it. Moz has been picked on, for years- It's almost unheard of in music to have an artist treated like this, he seems to have affected people on such a deep level, that the haters just can't help themselves.
I hear Martin from Gene is planing a "farewell" concert, where he gets Gene together. The gig is for next year. This probably means there will be a tour. I mention this as I think it's safe to say Martin like Dave Haslam and Billy Bragg, will get his press attacking The Moz .
The only moment of notoriety Martin got in the last 20 years was with his "Why Morrissey is Dead to me" article for The Quietus. Martin has had one solo lp since Gene split up and that was ok but didn't get anywhere, his solo gigs didn't really sell.

It might seem like the UK is against The Moz, although it's true he has lost lots of fans, its not really the UK against him its a fragment of the Brighton/London Media- they are all friends more or less. I was a music journalist (I know hate me) and I 've been around this lot and they are careerists, they are like kids and they are connected. Dave Haslam, is friends with lots of the Guardian and The Quietus, Billy Braggs is friends with The Guardian and The Quietus. Martin is friends with Billy Bragg, Jurnos like Simon Price ( a long time The Moz hater) and The Quietus and The Graudrian.
It's funny as back in the day Martin was sold as a Moz superfan who "made it". Morrissey didn't want anything to do with Martin or Gene but as they were fans he was nice about them in public ( in private he thought they were shit). Martin did what all fans do he became friends with the band to find an "in". That didn't work, although Alian did sort out a very quick (10 minute) interview in LA. That was the one and only time The Moz and Martin spent time together. The Moz did let Gene play at his Meltdown show, but he didn't let them near the main stage, he got them to play like buskers in the bar ( obviously sending a "know your place" message).

Martin is a fan who styled himself on The Moz, trying to talk like him and sing like him, be like him. In truth, they were/are nothing alike.
Martin was someone who needed to join bandwagons. Brit pop and sliding along in The Moz slipstream picking up the Smiths/ Moz Fan base who never really got it
It was due to Brit pop being so huge that Gene got the audience they did, this was a time when guitar music took the UK by storm. Even an Oasis tribute band could sell out Brixton Academy.
It became clear to us that Martin didn't really have any connection with Moz as such he just wanted his fame. So he trolled him as a fan. Then once The Moz became unfashionable Martin trolled him as an Ex fan/hater. The famous people who connected with The Moz like Brett Anderson, Noel G, Damon Alban etc . have never talked smack about The Moz, in fact they defend him.

I mention Martin here, as a pre-warning of the next stage of attack on The Moz .
Martin will be sold as the lefts nice version of The Moz. Which is unfair as Martin is well known for using women for money, to get ahead. Shit, he even left his three year old kid to be with an LA comedian/Britpop groupie with money- no less than 10 months later he's launching his career. You full in the blanks

If The Moz got the Smiths together and done some gigs but sold the gigs as his solo gigs not Smiths gigs, when really they where a reunion, the haters would go wild. Martin is doing that and nobody cares. Martin is selling the gig as if its a solo gig, a farewell to his music career.
Its a real ego play having posters with only your name on, having only your picture but mentioning Gene are getting back together as if that's not the main reason tickets would sell.
If The Moz had to go to a go fund me website and didn't sell the haters would love it . Thats what happened to Martin, yet it's not mentioned.
If The Moz wrote a "Why Bowie is dead to me" article the haters would attack, Martin wrote his anti-Moz article and nobody minded.
If The Moz based his entire career around another persons work, the haters would destroy him. Martin did it, nobody minded.
If The Moz was a fan of a fraud like Johann Hari, the haters would rip him to shreds but Martin loved him and invited him to gigs on twitter. Nobody cared.

Getting back to the original post, The Moz has found himself in this position not because of these haters (most of which seem to love him really) but because of his own actions and words.
The Moz could have still left the haters standing like he always has if he didn't forget what he was about.
Over the last 9 years Moz has lost his way, its like he has forgotten what he was, what's great about himself and so he's just bouncing back and forth.
I think this has all happened due to the idiots he surrounds himself with, Jesse, Sam, his "minders" and a team of Fiona's all of which don't care that he's ruining his own career as long as they get their share- has their ever been a super fan leach like Sam in another pop persons life? Sam is happy to embarrass and throw his own uncle under the bus just to get likes on Instagram. I've never seen such a lack of love and respect before.
Its also evident, Sam is more like a Fan than a family member. He seems to have little understanding of his uncle.
Fiona, seems to live her life just waiting for an excuse to be able to write a The Moz "defence piece"

The results of all of this is Moz just isn't respected like he was. The reason tickets aren't selling is due to Moz not being seen to be the person he was. Not seen to be as cool or in touch.

I think he just needs to get away for a few years. No more shows. Then come back.
Nobody has or is attacking Moorissey. NOBODY. He exercises his right to freedom of speech and then people exercise theirs in response. There’s no conspiracy to bring him down. It’s called tit-for-tat. ...and THAT’s how the real world works.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Don’t want the backlash? Don’t talk like an ignorant sack of shit. Pretty simple.

Can someone please send this to Morrissey? Thank you.

Only had time to read ya last line and it ain't nothin' but some bad advice.

O ye Turkeys of the world,
Ye birds of glowing heart!
Ye must navigate unseemly seas,
With the craft that is ye art!

One thing that’s quantifiably verifiable about the Melvis felchers on this site...

Truth and reality are is ALWAYS tagged as “redundant”.

Not much more you need to know about the twats still fawning over the present King of cashmere, Kerrygold and weak-ass elevator pap.

One thing that’s quantifiably verifiable about the Melvis felchers on this site...

Not much more you need to know about the twats still fawning over the present King of cashmere, Kerrygold and weak-ass elevator pap.

Truth and reality lmao. You mean “my truth and reality”. And personally; I don’t give a shit about your truth. Therefore, I tagged as redundant as well.

The idea that this is all about freedom of speech - Moz has said some stuff and people have expressed an opinion in return - is just plain ridiculous. It is not freedom of speech to ban an artist's music; it is not freedom of speech to remove posters. That is saying - keep your mouth shut, or else. That's not freedom. That's dictatorship.

JFC!doh:
Skinny now you are quoting your own posts as the Stupid Butcher:censored:
dont you have any self respect?doh:

What a great read mr towers.... some good points you refer to.. firstly you mention Moz being picked on.. I think that Moz has and always will love that, “I’m still the outsider” and the fact that he loves to be contaversial “as nobody ever is in pop music” Gene, what can one say really, agree with you that he once jumped on the band wagon, with the superfan crap. Didn’t Martin come out as gay back then, and did gene support Moz on the boxers tour ??? Martin was never going to be like moz, ever, start coming that shit and “nowt will ever come of it” young sam still being slapped about again I see, at least sam won’t turn on his uncle like so many in the past, who have made him out to be a c***, as they’ve no sex or drug stories to sell. As we know moz speaks what we all think, alas never dare to say as we would be sacked in the normal world. Moz haz a stage and has freedom whilst on that stage, us mere mortals don’t have that privilege, nor thousands in agreement on a concert night. Good read ,, thank you

What a joke. Morrissey? Politically aware? Hilarious.

The multi-millionaire has lost his voice - the voice his fans gave him. Morrissey, like the article, is redundant. He is cushioned by his money, money that he craves, and has no real sense of the world us lesser mortals live in. As for caring, well that's just a crock. He has no permanent abode in order to avoid paying taxes. He's the perfect UK Tory.
He's before his time even on politics and was proven right with the problems we all see now. A skinhead with a quiff and every nazi skinhead was proved right and warned you all about what was to come.

No one can deny it any longer.

The idea that this is all about freedom of speech - Moz has said some stuff and people have expressed an opinion in return - is just plain ridiculous. It is not freedom of speech to ban an artist's music; it is not freedom of speech to remove posters. That is saying - keep your mouth shut, or else. That's not freedom. That's dictatorship.
Yes, if posters are displayed and someone speaks against them and they are removed, this is free speech. If music is banned from a music chain, it is their right to ban it. You can buy it elsewhere.
It's hardly dictatorship for a privately owned chain of stores to choose not to sell the music of an artist whose views they disagree with. This is free speech in action. What would you suggest as the alternative?

I shall eat some of my words... just seen gene singing, sleep well tonight live from yesteryear. God he really did want to be Morrissey, the way he talks between songs and how he says it, the movement of the microphone stand, no wonder he ended up doing f*** all, just like menswear ( who)???

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom