Morrissey: The Last Unwoke Pop Star - The Post Millennial

Morrissey: The Last Unwoke Pop Star - The Post Millennial
By Libby Emmons and Barrett Wilson

Excerpt:

There was always only one Morrissey. But in 2019, this matters more than it ever has. All intelligent people know that we must separate the art from the artist. In our culture, this results in disallowing an artists’ real-life actions to affect the perception and appreciation of their art. It’s harder to apply this basic rule to Morrissey. That’s because, more than any other artist, Morrissey is his art.

full

Update:
The article link has subsequently been shared by Morrissey Official Facebook, Jesse & Morrissey Central.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being selfish, I could do with Morrissey dropping the politics for a while and singing something personal and heartfelt. I need him to help me out now, as he did in the 80s when he was the only solace I had, because there's no one else bringing me comfort at present.
Keep faith, he’s busy saving the world at the moment.

Being selfish, I could do with Morrissey dropping the politics for a while and singing something personal and heartfelt. I need him to help me out now, as he did in the 80s when he was the only solace I had, because there's no one else bringing me comfort at present.
Relatable.

ARTICLE HAS A TRUE VIEWPOINT:
MOZ IS THE BOMB!!! AND NOT A TOOL!!!:bow:

WE SALUTE YOU MOZ YOU ARE A TRUE RUGGED INDIVIDUALIST !!!:bow::bow:

unlike the following puppet parrots:

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
vegaziggy DH Andy
FH Mike
Hopeless Hooky
Roundish Bernard
Alain T
Dorky punk rock drummer
and many others:expressionless:

This opening salvo intends to promote the writers as intellectuals with understanding of psychological and sociological norms. However, it reads very much like an excitable 15 year old attempting to please someone, anyone.

“All intelligent people know that we must separate the art from the artist.”
… with this objectivity disappears. We are in a blame culture.

“Morrissey is his art.” If this is true then his political statements are intrinsic to his core beliefs. Those beliefs could arguably filter to his lyrics. This confirms why so many fans have left the fold. They believe that what Morrissey says, Morrissey is. Racist.

“In our culture.” It would have been helpful to define who’s culture this is?

This … “Morrissey is ultimately a critically thinking individual, who does not hold back his views, his heart, his art, or his love.” … as mentioned later in the piece.

In a political sense Morrissey is one of the least critical thinkers I’m aware of. He lashes out like an erratic Trump never holding back his views only to later claim that he has been misinterpreted – even when he ‘interviews’ himself. In a live setting his art is restricted to a rigid one hour and twenty minutes. Have the writers viewed any of the cover art proferred within the last few years? As for his heart and his love well, … he publicly denies his current ‘love’ as he has all of the others. There’s no heart at all in that behaviour and absolutely no compassion.
A multi millionaire who lives in a protected world, pontificating as he does makes everything out of his mouth fake.

A multi millionaire who lives in a protected world, pontificating as he does makes everything out of his mouth fake.

.... or, at very least, disconnected. He's a white, privileged, wealthy man - let's hear him sing about who he really is.

yes it makes more sense being a skinny type of broke unemployed twat who pontificates:lbf:

Moz got his money from hard work unlike the woke skinny cuckers.:lbf:

.... or, at very least, disconnected. He's a white, privileged, wealthy man - let's hear him sing about who he really is.

that would be a bunch of shit songs now wouldn't it? Would you listen? You'd be the only one if yes mate. No one in the history of music has ever sang about who they really are. Springsteen at times the closest but only two of three songs in a lifetime. It's a fanciful idea at best.

Billie Eilish is doing it for you? :)

A good, considered, article which celebrates Morrissey’s fierce independence from the nihilism that defines modern liberalism.

Nevertheless, Morrissey and Kanye West are scarcely the last living punks: Grace Jones, for one instance, played her part. And she contributes to a massive concert in the UK this Saturday (inexplicably, beneath Lauryn Hill in the billing).

do not put kanye and morrissey in the same category. what the hell is wrong with u.

He’s a reactionary, consumed by his own venom. Reason is beyond him, he can’t even recognise his own self. He’s lost in the labyrinth of his own mind and knows not how he got there, nor the way out. He is what life excretes.

And he cannot meet your challenge.
Apart from the term reactionary this is as fair a description of " Uncle Skinny" as ever there's been.

I thought the article was well written. It comes from a perspective I know well - wanting to give the benefit of the doubt and wanting to accept that ppl are entitled to their own individual view. That said, the writer skirts passed nearly all of the interview comments that have polarized so much of his fanbase eg. "Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?"

lets take Health advice from Ordinarycuck skinny puppet who is currently at the pub:sweatdrops:

or financial advice from the Pizza Pop skinny parrot whos been on the dole all his life.:spaceinvader:

or musical advice from the surface puppet and his :dogface: currently scouting for Hooky over
at the cul de sac.:highfive:

for marriage advice well, from the Skinny himself and his :turban: fam:whip:

Politcal advice from the Stalin parrot who thinks Lenin is the bomb:crazy:

or party advice from the old dude parrot, 'baz' who is sitting in the parlor wearing a hair net.:princess:

LOL NOT!!

best to follow Moz LOL

Great article. I don't totally agree with a couple of statements, but it's very good to be able to read pieces like this.

The third sentence sets the tone for this exercise is justifying racist views.

f*** the authors, f*** racism and f*** Morrissey.

Racism is the belief in the existence of human races. They don't actually exist, so racist people is living into a horror tale some people invented and other people retell to take advantage of other people. Don't spread the misery.

Like Mick Jagger or paul mccartney you mean. He's earned his money and still speaks up, not many like him. So don't be a begrudge.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom