Morrissey the 23rd on bbc radio Scotland

He will post the details later (he's been on twice noo).
A brief thing was that he'd phoned the show because the presenter said that Morrissey had cancelled the shows blah blah etc & M23 rang him up to say so how would you do your job if you couldn't speak, what a cleever boy that M23 is eh? Anyhoo unlike my unsuccessful attempts to get the new single played on Scottish radio M23 got it played on the bbc Scotland radio! & he got it played on some southern radio programme, I'm sure he'll tell you more later. (Grim added)

love

GU

Last edited:
A brief thing was that he'd phoned the show because the presenter said that Morrissey had cancelled the shows blah blah etc & M23 rang him up to say so how would you do your job if you couldn't speak, what a cleever boy that M23 is eh? Anyhoo unlike my unsuccesssful attempts to get the new single played on Scottish radio M23 got it played on the bbc Scotland radio! & he got it played on some southern radio programme, I'm sure he'll tell you more later. (Grim added)

love

GU

He had a good point there. (My voice's gone too, and I would badly need it for work. So I had to cancel my "gigs" for this week....;))

:clap:

A brief thing was that he'd phoned the show because the presenter said that Morrissey had cancelled the shows blah blah etc & M23 rang him up to say so how would you do your job if you couldn't speak, what a cleever boy that M23 is eh? Anyhoo unlike my unsuccesssful attempts to get the new single played on Scottish radio M23 got it played on the bbc Scotland radio! & he got it played on some southern radio programme, I'm sure he'll tell you more later. (Grim added)

love

GU

hope someone can upload for us to hear :)

Tom Morton often plays Morrissey/Smiths. Part of the reason I often listen to him. Yesterday at 44mins 26sec into the show he played 'That's how people grow up'.

Those in the UK can listen again:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/programmes/tommorton/

After the song he spoke of the cancelled shows in London and Morrissey walking off after three songs. He said anybody else who did that would get pelted with rotten tomatoes and other sundry objects but apparently the Morrissey audience just said 'Poor Morrissey. Poor Morrissey. He had such a sore throat.' He when on to say re-say what that rag we do not speak the name of said regarding how often Morrissey has cancelled gigs. He finishes with saying 'He's out in the sun too much. I think. Lowers his resistance.'

At 1hr19mins Tom says something like, Hugh from West Lothian was down in London for three of the Morrissey gigs. The first night, you could hear he had a bit of a frog in his throat. The second night, he was complaining about it and was drinking hot water and was saying he thought he might have to cancel in the future, or at least cut short the run. Third, his voice was a bit rough but still absolutely brilliant but now Hugh, who is obviously heavily into Morrissey is looking forward to the rescheduled dates because he thinks it will be even better.

This came from a phone call I made to the show. It was a summary of some of what was said to a lovely woman at the station. I made the call because I had earlier sent an email but my pc crashed and I thought it didn't send.

At 1hr43mins my email is read. Tom at first thinks it is a different Hugh but then decided it must be the same West Lothian Hugh. LOL.

Want to hear it? Then it is available on listen again (Mon 28th Jan):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/programmes/tommorton/

I think we should encourage Tom Morton to promote the new single on Radio Scotland and thank him for doing so, like he has in the past.

You can do so in a positive call on 0500 92 95 00, text 80295 or e-mail to:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/email/tommorton/

When walking in Camden the day after the cancelled show. I saw two people with XFM logos on their clothing. While passing I thanked them for in Morrissey's words, being one of only two stations playing his new single (Moz must be unaware of Radio Scotland too!). They asked me if I was going to any of the shows and were gutted to discover of the cancellations. They asked if I wanted to request any Morrissey song to be played later that day on XFM. Before my thoughts were fully gathered I'm saying into a microphone, 'Hello my name is Hugh from West Lothian, Scotland. I'd like to request Morrissey's new single, 'That's how people grow up.' Get well soon!' They said it would definitely be aired later that day. Anybody here hear it?

Mike Joyce played THPGU on his show on The Revolution in Oldham (96.2FM) on Sunday.
Do you think Morrissey will thank him tomorrow night at Donny?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Do you think Morrissey will thank him tomorrow night at Donny?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

yeah thats going to happen ....

flying%20pig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom