Morrissey thanks fans for new YouTube videos - true-to-you.net

UPDATE Aug. 17:

The previously mentioned videos by Sharon Jheeta (2 videos), wpeace123456 and trentmorrison are embedded in a post on true-to-you.net:

Videos - true-to-you.net

More thanks
- true-to-you.net
17 August 2014

"Thank you to everyone who has added new videos on You Tube to support World peace is none of your business. Of the newer batch, I am especially moved by The bullfighter dies by trentmorrison, and also by Oboe concerto by Sharon Jheeta. I am so glad that you understand.
I am so sorry that Harvest Records did not understand what they had.
You have explained it to them, and I will always be in your debt".

MORRISSEY
17 August 2014

Related item:

Last edited:
Oh woe is us. If only we could think for ourselves. Just think of the possibilities. Or should I get someone else to think of the possibilities?

It might be quicker.

This automatically makes you a c***.

My problem with these videos is mainly just they are so literal. It's just A-B-C stock footage montages that pretty much just spell out the songs...which don't really need spelling out, as his lyrics are pretty basic to begin with. I like the whole DIY thing, the fans getting involved, but this just looks like student entries in a school exam, or something. They aren't particularly well edited or original. They are competent, but that's about it.

I'm sure it's boner-city for those who have had their work heralded by Morrissey personally, but that doesn't make it good. He's been left in the lurch by Harvest, if not life in general, and he really needs the All You Need Is Morrissey types right now. They are the only people he has left.

I'm sure Hitler would have started over with the mongoloids he'd previously had killed, if he'd been given the opportunity and he thought it would work. People get desperate and they act strange. Morrissey, right now, reeks of desperation so he's thanking these Youtubers and making it seem like it's all some brilliant elate 70s DIY power to the people revelation, but it's just kids sitting behind their laptops Googling "worldwide civil unrest" and "world history" and "Mrs. Shufflewick" and then chopping up clips.

The fact is that more effort, time, and devotion probably went into those websites in his name that he so ardently railed against. Where was his "power to the people" ethic then?

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with these videos is mainly just they are so literal. It's just A-B-C stock footage montages that pretty much just spell out the songs...which don't really need spelling out, as his lyrics are pretty basic to begin with. I like the whole DIY thing, the fans getting involved, but this just looks like student entries in a school exam, or something. They aren't particularly well edited or original. They are competent, but that's about it.

I'm sure it's boner-city for those who have had their work heralded by Morrissey personally, but that doesn't make it good. He's been left in the lurch by Harvest, if not life in general, and he really needs the All You Need Is Morrissey types right now. They are the only people he has left.

I'm sure Hitler would have started over with the mongoloids he'd previously had killed, if he'd been given the opportunity and he thought it would work. People get desperate and they act strange. Morrissey, right now, reeks of desperation so he's thanking these Youtubers and making it eem like it's all some brilliant elate 70s DIY power to the people revelation, but it's just kids sitting behind their laptops Googling "worldwide civil unrest" and "world history" and "Mrs. Sufflewick" and then chopping up clips.

The fact is that more effort, time, and devotion probably went into those websites in his name that he so ardently railed against. Where was his "power to the people" ethic then?

he he, that's exactly what I thought. they are ludicrously literal. in Oboe Concerto at 'stuck in my head' we get Morrissey pointing to his head. genius! bullfighter just appears to feature clips of, err, bullfighting.
can't blame the people for putting them together (they're not unenjoyable) but Morrissey's exaggerated praise is just bonkers.

There are some cracking videos on YouTube. The World Peace is None of your Business ones are fantastic as is the "Bullfighter dies" is extremely hard to watch.

The first World Peace one I saw with the marching troops was very good, but as Skylarker says they are generally far too literal.

As for official videos what's wrong with a simple performance video in a room like Irish Blood, English Heart? That must be a cheaper option if money is the issue. I still think a lot of this is down to Morrissey not wanting to be lumbered with a big bill for all the promotional stuff and Harvest thinking much the same.

The first World Peace one I saw with the marching troops was very good, but as Skylarker says they are generally far too literal.

As for official videos what's wrong with a simple performance video in a room like Irish Blood, English Heart? That must be a cheaper option if money is the issue. I still think a lot of this is down to Morrissey not wanting to be lumbered with a big bill for all the promotional stuff and Harvest thinking much the same.

It annoys me now though because Morrissey did used to put the effort in with videos, album and single art and had a lot of creative control of how his physical body of work all looked. Now he doesn't seem to bother, everything seems slapdash and half arsed. Like he's lost interest in delivering the full package. Plus we're living in an age now where videos can be made on a shoes string and still have an impact. He did the promo vides and they seemed well shot, why couldn't he have done an official video for his singles?

I agree. I like the Irish Blood English Heart video but November Spawned a Monster is my favourite :D

I agree. I like the Irish Blood English Heart video but November Spawned a Monster is my favourite :D

Death Valley and a cold box for the chocolate bar? It couldn't have cost that much in the scheme of things.

I just don't think either the record company or the artist himself had sufficient faith in World Peace to want to rack up too much of a bill.

"Thank you to everyone who has added new comments @morrissey solo not always in support of me and World peace is none of your business. Of the newer batch of comments, I am especially moved by FAN, Johnny B, Benny the B and all the others to many to mention. I am so glad that you lot understand the real me.
I am so sorry that Harvest Records did not understand what they had.
You lot have explained it to them perfectly, and I will always be in your debt".

MORRISSEY
17 August 2014

Thanks, your still a tosser though.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Is it wrong to feel an overwhelming sense of joy at the sight of those bullfighters getting stuck? :D

Is it wrong to feel an overwhelming sense of joy at the sight of those bullfighters getting stuck? :D

Yes it is. Anyone taking pleasure in suffering is a bastard in my book. You may be a slaughterhouse operative, a picador, or a bull. In my opinion, anyone taking pleasure in suffering, whether human or animal, is a bastard.

P.

Yes it is. Anyone taking pleasure in suffering is a bastard in my book. You may be a slaughterhouse operative, a picador, or a bull. In my opinion, anyone taking pleasure in suffering, whether human or animal, is a bastard.

P.

Yeah, I thought so too.

But I just can't help it. Cheers! :thumb:

P.S. Humans are animals - the "or" makes it sound like you don't know that. Maybe "nonhuman" would be better?

Yeah, I thought so too.

But I just can't help it. Cheers! :thumb:

P.S. Humans are animals - the "or" makes it sound like you don't know that. Maybe "nonhuman" would be better?

Doesn't matter. Cruelty to humans is awful. Cruelty to animals is awful. Any activity that causes suffering makes the person causing the suffering a bastard, whether the victim is animal, human, or anything. I can't understand how anyone would gain pleasure from eating, watching or participating in suffering. It's mad.

P.

Doesn't matter. Cruelty to humans is awful. Cruelty to animals is awful. Any activity that causes suffering makes the person causing the suffering a bastard, whether the victim is animal, human, or anything. I can't understand how anyone would gain pleasure from eating, watching or participating in suffering. It's mad.

P.

Yeah, I think it takes a special person, someone who through hard work and/or luck has developed the right character traits, to supress taking pleasure in all forms of suffering. I admit that I still take pleasure in certain forms of vengeance (the assassination of Hitler fantasy comes to mind) . . . but now that I think about it, I'm not sure that I would take any pleasure in the suffering per se, but rather in the fact that justice was served. So the bullfighter video makes me happy not so much that the bullfighter is in pain, but that his task was thwarted. Let's put it this way, I'd rather see the bullfighter run out of the ring and forfeit than lose by being mauled by the bull. The pleasure in the suffering itself would indeed be "mad"!

When you step into an arena with the full intent to taunt, injure/torture and then kill an animal, you lose my sympathy if you, yourself, get injured or killed in the process.

The bullfighter who got injured in those clips went to a hospital and received anesthesia and medical treatment for a wide variety of wounds, healed and scarred and now has a tale to tell in his retirement from bullfighting.

The bull, Opiparo, in those clips was murdered immediately after the goring.

I take no pleasure in any of this, but I sure don't feel sorry for Julio.

I'm sure Hitler would have started over with the mongoloids he'd previously had killed, if he'd been given the opportunity and he thought it would work. People get desperate and they act strange. Morrissey, right now, reeks of desperation so he's thanking these Youtubers and making it seem like it's all some brilliant elate 70s DIY power to the people revelation, but it's just kids sitting behind their laptops Googling "worldwide civil unrest" and "world history" and "Mrs. Shufflewick" and then chopping up clips.

Yeah there's no class or subtlety with the videos at all. So, Morrissey does a song called The Bullfighter Dies and then a fan does a video of literal bullfighting footage loads of it, nothing else. Or Oboe Concerto where when Morrissey says all the best people are dead or something and it cuts to dead legends in corny Vaseline lens sequence. Where's the real thought?

I completely agree about Moz getting all he can from his fans now. He's scraping the barrel with lauding these. They're passable but so what.

Also loads of people are jumping on the band wagon now, rubbing their fetid little genitals hoping Morrissey will give them a sickly shout out.

Im pretty much in agreement, but I really just wanted pat you on the back for making me laugh pretty hard with "I'm sure it's boner-city..."

bullfighter just appears to feature clips of, err, bullfighting.
can't blame the people for putting them together (they're not unenjoyable) but Morrissey's exaggerated praise is just bonkers.

When I made the Bullfighter video, it was pretty much for my friends and family on facebook to show the horrors of bullfighting. There is some thought put into the video...the chorus with the bull fighting back, somewhat timed to the music, and the ending with the bull free on a hill. If i knew it was gonna be seen by Morrissey, it would have been better timed and edited.

This automatically makes you a c***.

Coming from you it doesn't really mean much to me. I will say your new avatar is a vast improvement though. I have no idea why you would want an avatar of a fat ugly troll but each to his/her own. Welcome to my ignore list fat cow :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom