Morrissey teenage lover

True or false? In your opinion (+any other morrissey love life rumors/facts?)

• Total voters
E

Evan Swaine

Now it's up to anyone reading this if they choose to believe this or not, I just thought I'd share it as it is very interesting. A boy at my school called neo, he knows nothing about the smiths or morrissey, but once I mentioned morrissey and he goes "oh my aunt used to date him" and I didn't believe him so I questioned if this was true, he shown me a picture a week later of a young morrissey with a girl that was definitely not his sister jackie and told me that's his aunt. Morrissey looked around 7 years old and neo told me they grew up together, and used to date around the age of 17, however morrissey was quite argumentative or something and the mother pushed him out the tree house. The next day or so, morrisseys dad knocks on the door having a go at everyone and warns them to never go near morrissey again. I don't know how true this is but I choose to believe it's true.

Now it's up to anyone reading this if they choose to believe this or not, I just thought I'd share it as it is very interesting. A boy at my school called neo, he knows nothing about the smiths or morrissey, but once I mentioned morrissey and he goes "oh my aunt used to date him" and I didn't believe him so I questioned if this was true, he shown me a picture a week later of a young morrissey with a girl that was definitely not his sister jackie and told me that's his aunt. Morrissey looked around 7 years old and neo told me they grew up together, and used to date around the age of 17, however morrissey was quite argumentative or something and the mother pushed him out the tree house. The next day or so, morrisseys dad knocks on the door having a go at everyone and warns them to never go near morrissey again. I don't know how true this is but I choose to believe it's true.

Isn't he in a tree house on the cover of 'Last of the Famous International Playboys' aged about 7? Maybe the photo was taken just before he went flying.

A girl I knew about 30 years ago who likewise had no interest in Morrissey or The Smiths claimed she had a teacher at school who had also taught Morrissey (I think that's what she said) and this teacher had recounted to them an anecdote of Morrissey's dad (presumably he and the teacher were friends) watching his son flailing about on 'Top of the Pops' for the first time and cursing "That's no son of mine!"

Maybe Morrissey conceived his dance moves, and bush apparel, as he was falling out of the tree.

I believe his dad would say that as he was abusive to morrisseys mother, although I also heard that morrisseys dad contains cassette tapes of every Smith's/morrissey album in support of his son. You never hear much of his parents nowadays, I assume they are both still alive and well, I'm interested to know the relationship between morrissey and his dad nowadays.

I believe his dad would say that as he was abusive to morrisseys mother, although I also heard that morrisseys dad contains cassette tapes of every Smith's/morrissey album in support of his son. You never hear much of his parents nowadays, I assume they are both still alive and well, I'm interested to know the relationship between morrissey and his dad nowadays.

There are a lot of quotes from Morrissey's dad in the revised edition of Johnny Rogan's 'Morrissey and Marr' and they're very interesting. In regard to his being abusive to Morrissey's mum, I don't know what that was about, but one of the quotes suggests that Morrissey's dad still keeps, or at some point still kept, in regular contact with his Ms Dwyer and that they discussed Rogan's book (Morrissey's mum was complaining "He said I lived in the tenements!" and his dad replied "But Betty, you did live in the tenements!"). He also remarked on the gloomy picture Morrissey painted of a very troubled childhood, and said it was all a load of rubbish, that Moz had a very stable, normal, happy family background (pointing out that the didn't move out of the family home until his son was 17) and that he was just creating melodrama out of nothing to service his career. And if that sounds in itself like quite a sensationalist comment, I should also note that his dad came across as a genial, down-to-earth sort of guy in the book, not one for dramatics or attention-seeking.

I actually own the book however I have only read a few chapters so I'll make sure to read it properly soon, because that all sounds quite interesting. I agree with the whole morrissey acting all sad and neglected as a load of rubbish, because it all adds up to the image he portrays of himself, a shy stretfordian, a quiet early punk rocker, so the sadness appeals to the whole look. Same with the political morrissey we see today, I believe half the stuff he says is for controversy and to piss people off, although some views may be his actual views, most of it is to keep the fans interested. In my opinion anyway

In fairness, if somebody was about to push me out of a treehouse, I'd be quite argumentative.
Same I'd kick off, however what I mean is, morrissey was arguing with his girlfriend, which resulted in him being launched out of a treehouse

I actually own the book however I have only read a few chapters so I'll make sure to read it properly soon, because that all sounds quite interesting. I agree with the whole morrissey acting all sad and neglected as a load of rubbish, because it all adds up to the image he portrays of himself, a shy stretfordian, a quiet early punk rocker, so the sadness appeals to the whole look. Same with the political morrissey we see today, I believe half the stuff he says is for controversy and to piss people off, although some views may be his actual views, most of it is to keep the fans interested. In my opinion anyway

Be sure it's the 2012 edition (or whatever year the new edition came out). My memory might be cheating, but I'm fairly sure it was a much more interesting read than the original, with a lot of new post-court case material and new quotes.

I'm inclined to agree with your views on his politics. By the way, this is a 1-to-1 conversation (so far) - all the anonymous quotes are from me.

Both parents still going strong. His Mother wasn’t well a few years ago, but looked good at his last UK gig a couple of years ago. She lives in Morrissey’s old house in Bowden, near Altrincham, south of Manchester. His father remarried many years ago. He and his wife life in the Clifton area of Salford.

Morrissey remains very much in touch with both.

Both parents still going strong. His Mother wasn’t well a few years ago, but looked good at his last UK gig a couple of years ago. She lives in Morrissey’s old house in Bowden, near Altrincham, south of Manchester. His father remarried many years ago. He and his wife life in the Clifton area of Salford.

The famous Bowden house she lives in and almost had to leave when Moz refused to pay his staff which threatened to make his own mother homeless.

I wonder why his Mum never remarried. She was, what, about 39 when they got divorced? Plenty of time to start over. His Mum and Dad must be about 82 or so.

I wonder why his Mum never remarried. She was, what, about 39 when they got divorced? Plenty of time to start over. His Mum and Dad must be about 82 or so.

Wasn't she very active in Morrissey's career, behind the scenes, in the early days? Also, maybe like she's a lot like her son?

most women don't get remarried its usually men who are addicted to the old wedding cake.

The famous Bowden house she lives in and almost had to leave when Moz refused to pay his staff which threatened to make his own mother homeless.

I thought it was because he refused to pay Mike Joyce's court settlement?

Wasn't she very active in Morrissey's career, behind the scenes, in the early days? Also, maybe like she's a lot like her son?

I seem to recall Stephen Street mentioning that Morrissey's mother called him upset b/c he had upset Morrissey by trying to collect payment for his work on Viva Hate and the follow up singles.

Last edited:

"Start over"? You mean "step back into the trap"? She's smart, that's all.

There was a man a while back who sold some stuff to my local record store "reel around the fountain records" in Stretford mall, great shop by the way, if u go in, tell Nigel that Evan is promoting the shop and deserves a discount! Anyway, yh a man sold loads of rare morrissey stuff including signed things, old promo stuff, most of it has probably sold but there is most likely alot of good rare morrissey merch there, I believe the man is Jackie's (moz's sister) husband, my memory is so poor I can't remember if it was her husband or the husband of somebody else morrissey related, but ask Nigel, he'll know. Nigel is the shop keeper, a good man he is, he's also the record store man who appeared in England is mine film

Unpopular opinion I think, but low in high school is a mint album, very underrated, and spent the day in bed is a clever song and I believe it's similar to lennons "I'm only sleeping" and "watching the wheels" as it explains the lust for rest and peace instead of turning on the news of the outside conflict. Just thought I'd say that, incase anybody responding is reading in, very underrated album indeed, who will protect us from the police is a gem live.

There was a man a while back who sold some stuff to my local record store "reel around the fountain records" in Stretford mall, great shop by the way, if u go in, tell Nigel that Evan is promoting the shop and deserves a discount! Anyway, yh a man sold loads of rare morrissey stuff including signed things, old promo stuff, most of it has probably sold but there is most likely alot of good rare morrissey merch there, I believe the man is Jackie's (moz's sister) husband, my memory is so poor I can't remember if it was her husband or the husband of somebody else morrissey related, but ask Nigel, he'll know. Nigel is the shop keeper, a good man he is, he's also the record store man who appeared in England is mine film

Stop trying to make the record shop Reel Around The Records work

Tags
#lovelife #morrissey
Back
Top Bottom