Morrissey t-shirt with the queen in 2015 tour merchandise / @morrisseygang image

Re: Morrissey tshirt with the queen "The more you ignore me, the closer I get"

Take them to the cleaners. It's your work, you made it clear your terms, and if what you say is accurate, they've ridden rough-shod over your wishes. If you need legal advice, let me know, I'm married to a lawyer.

P.

*EDIT* I note it's not exactly the same image. There's a different queen. Hmm. Not sure. I'll ask for you. But I would have thought that there's a clear line of communication, they took your idea, they are making money from it, and you are not.

Last edited:
His Mozjesty doesn't like to pay his former bandmates, roadies, taxes etc. And now t-shirt art.

However, he does like to pay for guns for hire, if one is to believe former body guards.

Absolute nonsense. All rubbish. Don't you believe it for one second. Merely the rumbles from disenfranchised disgruntled grunts. xx

It's pathetic that this fella thinks this piece of dross is worth anything but what's worse is Moz's merch team have picked up the idea and turned I to something equally as shit.

And another continuing, boring question remains: Why is such a trifle on the main page? There is a concert ahead. Does actually anybody care for artistic contents? Obviously not because although everybody complains how crap this image is, they go on and on and on ... talking the shit out of it.

Its an awesome image well done to all involved. I wouldn't wear it though. I think as he s done with intro music, using old ones from past tours I think he should resurrect the old t shirt designs too, now they would be cool !

OP you can't sue anyone for an "idea". You didn't own the images to begin with and they changed the queen and the lyric (which you don't own) and the font.

Sorry no dice.

"We'll Let You Know"

How sad are we ?
And how sad have we been ?
We'll let you know, We'll let you know
Oh, but only if - you're really interested
You wonder how
We've stayed alive 'till now
We'll let you know, We'll let you know
But only if - you're really interested
We're all smiles
Then, honest, I swear, it's the turnstiles
That make us hostile
Oh ... We will descend
On anyone unable to defend
Themselves
Oh ... And the songs we sing
They're not supposed to mean a thing
La, la, la, la ... Oh ...
You're lonely, Oh ... you're lonely
Oh ...
GET OFF THE ROOF !
Oh ... Your Arsenal !
We may seem cold, or
We may even be
The most depressing people you've ever known
At heart, what's left, we sadly know
That we are the last truly British people you'll ever know
We are the last truly British people you will ever know
You'll never never want to know

Tons and tons of people around the world are making money off Morrissey. Do YOU get this?

You and all your HATE SOLOW numbskulls are like talking to a f***ing wall. Why is it the priority in your brain is justifying monetizing a man, getting away with duplicitous shit, then rationalizing the logic with the sum that in the end, only Morrissey should be making money. Last time I checked Morrissey didn't really need any more money. Do you? What's your modus operandi for making Morrissey look like a sleezeball so you can make a buck off the merch table? His caravan REEKS of sadness, laziness and desperation.

Last edited:
This isn't the first time his "designer" ripped off someone else's artwork. How about that time the beautiful Etsy print that was font-heavy was swiped and mangled and put on a shirt for a London Palladium show? Was his design team ENTITLED to copy it because "It was Morrissey's name and they made money off it." It's REAL CONVENIENT when others do artwork and promote Morrissey virally, little crocheted dolls come to mind. But the minute someone make money off a design THAT CAN BE COPIED, then it's justifiable.

This logic is as classless and lowbrow as the ashes poor Morrissey is trying to RISE ABOVE. He just wants to sing, not be your bread and butter marketing baby.

Yay! SPIN picked it up. Maybe Morrissey's Design Team should think about looking at the big picture before rationalizing their way out of their hole. :straightface: This is NOT helping Morrissey. Are you on his side or not?

16598617817_182ef5b267_c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

thievery.
synonymous with moz.

Is it? That's my question. This isn't thievery, it's stupidity that was easily avoidable.

How's the gig going? Or has there been a riot at the t-shirt stand?

Yay! SPIN picked it up. Maybe Morrissey's Design Team should think about looking at the big picture before rationalizing their way out of their hole. :straightface: This is NOT helping Morrissey. Are you on his side or not?

16598617817_182ef5b267_c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Is it? That's my question. This isn't thievery, it's stupidity that was easily avoidable.

Team Morrissey's routinely forgets that it's 2015 and the audience has a voice too, thanks to the internet and social media. He likes to put out big statements on TTY, but has never wanted any true dialogue with the masses. Which is fine. But if you lie, cheat, evade, or steal, eventually someone will come out with the truth [or at least a reasonable conflicting account], as we have seen time and time again over the years. Classic example: cancelling a show in San Fran only to be photographed out drinking. LOL. Memories.....

For the record, I dislike both the original artwork and this T-shirt. But it certainly does seem a concept was stolen. Doubtful any money was lost, as the images never belonged to the original poster anyway, but credit where credit is due would certainly be appropriate by Team Moz.

Last edited:
So much talk of 'using the same image' but it's NOT the same image. It's a different one.
The only thing that's been 'stolen' is the basis for the image, the idea behind it.
To the Twitter user who posted the original image I would ask exactly what you deemed a reasonable reauest. It was probably an offer that reflected the time it takes to photoshop a naked Moz with his hand over Her Madge's gob. Not for the rights to the original pic.

Team Morrissey's routinely forgets that it's 2015 and the audience has a voice too, thanks to the internet and social media. He likes to put out big statements on TTY, but has never wanted any true dialogue with the masses. Which is fine. But if you lie, cheat, evade, or steal, eventually someone will come out with the truth [or at least a reasonable conflicting account], as we have seen time and time again over the years. Classic example: cancelling a show in San Fran only to be photographed out drinking. LOL. Memories.....

For the record, I dislike both the original artwork and this T-shirt. But it certainly does seem a concept was stolen. Doubtful any money was lost, as the images never belonged to the original poster anyway, but credit where credit is due would certainly be appropriate by Team Moz.

Really? or could Morrissey claim his image was used without his consent and therefore sue?

Tags
mfl morrissey mporium the queen tshirt

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom