well, I guess the company that asked for my permission to use a photo I made of Morrissey covering the queens mouth is on a t shirt. Sean Preston with Merchandising for life (Mporium) emailed me right after I made that photo which was put on the cover of truetoyou.net asking if they could make it into a tshirt. He asked for the high resolution file and asked how much I wanted for it. I told him that I spent a long time on it and that I had put my heart and soul into that photo, just like I do my other work and that I would be willing to let them use it, but to give me an offer. I wasn't thinking anything ridiculous, but he never got back to me. Instead I see they took my idea, almost exactly except for the background, and put it on a shirt. I don't know what to make out of this. Part of me is happy that its out there this way, but another part is angry that they reach out to me in the beginning for my idea.. I respond, and then they steal it. What do you guys think? Here are the photos, one of the photo I made, and the other of the shirt being sold at the concert in Nottingham.. Any feedback in appreciated. This is their website and I am attaching the photo I made and the shirt they made...
UPDATE 11:55 AM PT:
Link posted by an anonymous person:
WHITE THE MORE YOU IGNORE ME TEE - Mporium
- Morrissey Steals Fan’s Artwork For A Tour T-Shirt … Again - Stereogum. Link posted by docinwestchester.
- Morrissey Used a Fan's Artwork on a Tour T-Shirt Without Permission or Payment - SPIN. Link posted by CrystalGeezer.
- Morrissey Reappropriates Fan Art to Make World's Ugliest T-Shirt - Exclaim!
- Morrissey nude with the Queen and top 10 unforgettable band T-shirts - The Sydney Morning Herald
- Internet image - true-to-you.net - Feb. 22, 2015