Morrissey storyline on The Archers

Ben writes:

The likliehood of Morrissey appearing on The Archers seems to be on the up - last week's episode had a storyline which could well be setting up his slot, with one character who is due to sing at the forthcoming Loxfest festival confessing to having once been in a Smiths tribute band.

An anonymous person also writes (original post):

Is his guest appearance still happening? Yesterday - Sunday - creepy policeman PC Burns said he used to play in a Smiths tribute band, he was the singer, quote "the Mozfather himself".

Related item:

Last edited:
The actor, James Cartwright, who plays PC Harrison Burns in The Archers played Morrissey in the film "24 Hour Party People". Not a lot of people know that. I think his bit was cut out though at Morrissey's insistance. I must watch that film again.

Last edited:
Apparently the headline act for LoxFest has been confirmed as 'Quaintance Smith' (fictional character). The same name was a character in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' by Truman Capote (coverstar of 'The Boy with The Thorn in His Side'). I wondered whether the name was a reference to Morrissey being a Smith. And maybe him being an 'Aquaintance'. Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there!

I hope Morrissey plays the part of Quainance Smith. It does feel to me as though he could have chosen that name as an alter-ego.

Quaintance Smith:
The young man who rents Holly's apartment after she flees to South America. He entertains many male visitors and often has a black eye. "Quaintance" is a reference to George Quaintance, a provocative artist well-known within gay circles at the time of Capote's writing. Despite the indications of Smith's unorthodox lifestyle, Sapphia Spanella dotes on him, often nursing him when he has a black eye

Last edited:
The headline act at Loxfest look like they will drop out!
Is this the opening for Moz to appear?

The headline act at Loxfest look like they will drop out!
Is this the opening for Moz to appear?

Let's hope so! Though my guess is that Jolene and the Midnight Walkers feat. Harrison Burns may have to step up to the plate. Maybe with some covers of Morrissey tunes, eh?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom