Morrissey still in hospital according to Cliff Richard

When I’m viewing that video he looks like he’s just playing up the mood of the song. That’s just my take.

When I’m viewing that video he looks like he’s just playing up the mood of the song. That’s just my take.

I tend to agree with this. His voice is so strong in the video posted, and was likewise as strong at the three concerts I saw in the weeks that followed.

I mean, I've seen him cry, or nearly cry, singing "Last Night I Dreamt...." and "Please Please Please..." in the past.

The man is 55, and stage lighting does no one any favors.

I'm not saying anything regarding his overall health - anything seems possible at this point - but I wouldn't read too deeply into this, or similar clips. Don't forget on other songs he was his old self, both at the LA show (as posted) and others.

Have to agree with everything here.

The final show of the cancelled tour was quite the storming gig, too.

No cryptic comments on Matt Walker's twitter, Jesse's instagram (he likes marred's Bullfighter artwork) or Boz' FB account so hopefully it's just the Mozfather laying low until the album blows up. Lyrics to Mountjoy are phenomenal!

I tend to agree with this. His voice is so strong in the video posted, and was likewise as strong at the three concerts I saw in the weeks that followed.

I mean, I've seen him cry, or nearly cry, singing "Last Night I Dreamt...." and "Please Please Please..." in the past.

The man is 55, and stage lighting does no one any favors.

I'm not saying anything regarding his overall health - anything seems possible at this point - but I wouldn't read too deeply into this, or similar clips. Don't forget on other songs he was his old self, both at the LA show (as posted) and others.

Last edited:

^
Totally agree.

It's very easy to apply hindsight bias now that we know something's up with his health, either mentally or physically.
After the Sports Arena show, no fan review that I could find on this site or others, claimed that he 'looked ill.'

And, if it were a severe depressive episode or nervous breakdown that caused-or contributed to- this latest cancellation, do you all honestly think they'd tell us that's the reason? That being said, if he did have an underlying health problem like cancer or HIV, I wish he'd be open about it...I really think the backlash for canceling would be so much less than with these vague reasons that just sound made up.

Morrissey is fortunate he's not a bigger celebrity, otherwise the media would be fact checking this story- the Boston Globe never could confirm if Morrissey was even admitted at Mass. General, for instance....instead of just reblogging a poorly written fan article as "fact".

And, if you listen to the radio interview Cliff did the day after his NYC gig-posted by anonymous a few posts back in this thread- you'll hear he never mentions Morrissey still being hospitalized again. Only that "I think he's still suffering from a virus."

Last edited:
If Morrissey was A list the media would have found out where he is and have photographers outside the hospital. He's lucky.

I saw five shows across them all, including the second and the last. The only real difference I saw between Santa Ana and Boston was he obviously had a respiratory illness in Boston. Otherwise his energy and overall health seemed the same. And I thought he looked incredible in Santa Ana, and every where in between. I don't think he "looks ill" at all in the video posted above.

The guy can't win. If he'd been spotted in the last two weeks out at the Cat & Fiddle watching football or pecking through LPs at Amoeba, he'd get crucified for being out and about and apparently healthy after canceling shows. I don't blame him for staying in and lying low if for that reason only.

I saw five shows across them all, including the second and the last. The only real difference I saw between Santa Ana and Boston was he obviously had a respiratory illness in Boston. Otherwise his energy and overall health seemed the same. And I thought he looked incredible in Santa Ana, and every where in between. I don't think he "looks ill" at all in the video posted above.

The guy can't win. If he'd been spotted in the last two weeks out at the Cat & Fiddle watching football or pecking through LPs at Amoeba, he'd get crucified for being out and about and apparently healthy after canceling shows. I don't blame him for staying in and lying low if for that reason only.

Exactly. He really can't win. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just hope he's ok. But I will say that this insures that I'm going to make every effort possible to go to the next show he does in my area (I've only seen him 2x, in '04 and '07).

As we close in on the two weeks to the release of “World Peace Is None Of Your Business”, this silence and absent Morrissey becomes more of a mystery. Harvest would have been wanting to start increasing the publicity machine around the album’s release. I don’t know what the label have in mind, but I sure there would have been some radio interviews lined up on both sides of the Atlantic. Perhaps if Morrissey wasn’t in a such a paranoid mind-set with the printed media, we might even have had a printed interview. Either way, that one person at Harvest who convinced the rest of the board to sign Morrissey might be feeling a bit hot under the collar.

This vacuum of no news leads me to two simple schools thought of what could be happening. Simply after the walk out of Kirsteen Young, Morrissey is stewing in bitterness, depression and hate of being what he would see as a betrayal of someone he once would have considered a friend. And so the silence is best as so not to inflame any situation leading up to the release of WPINOB. For once Morrissey might be keeping his own counsel. The second is that this illness of Morrissey’s has become worse and is taking much longer to recover from. Still with some of the best health care he should be recovering and at least be released from hospital and recovering somewhere. He doesn’t really seem to have a home anymore. Either way I would have expected a sentence or two to be have given to Julia to release. The silence only spreads gossip. That Twitter account seems like a good idea now doesn’t it.

A strange little period that we are in at the moment. Perhaps by the end of this week we will have some news.

As we close in on the two weeks to the release of “World Peace Is None Of Your Business”, this silence and absent Morrissey becomes more of a mystery. Harvest would have been wanting to start increasing the publicity machine around the album’s release. I don’t know what the label have in mind, but I sure there would have been some radio interviews lined up on both sides of the Atlantic. Perhaps if Morrissey wasn’t in a such a paranoid mind-set with the printed media, we might even have had a printed interview. Either way, that one person at Harvest who convinced the rest of the board to sign Morrissey might be feeling a bit hot under the collar.

This vacuum of no news leads me to two simple schools thought of what could be happening. Simply after the walk out of Kirsteen Young, Morrissey is stewing in bitterness, depression and hate of being what he would see as a betrayal of someone he once would have considered a friend. And so the silence is best as so not to inflame any situation leading up to the release of WPINOB. For once Morrissey might be keeping his own counsel. The second is that this illness of Morrissey’s has become worse and is taking much longer to recover from. Still with some of the best health care he should be recovering and at least be released from hospital and recovering somewhere. He doesn’t really seem to have a home anymore. Either way I would have expected a sentence or two to be have given to Julia to release. The silence only spreads gossip. That Twitter account seems like a good idea now doesn’t it.

A strange little period that we are in at the moment. Perhaps by the end of this week we will have some news.

Yes, the silence only adds to the rumours, and a statement would help things. It appears as if he has dropped off of the face of the earth. The prospect of a mental illness is bad and so is a physical one. I hope he's ok.

I see what you mean but I still believe that a lot of people (myself included at times) are reading too far into things.

I see what you mean but I still believe that a lot of people (myself included at times) are reading too far into things.

Well we should take into consideration that he collapsed 3 weeks ago and hasn't been heard from since. That's bound to worry some fans.

Either I’m very forgetful (which is totally possible) or I never read that but I wasn’t aware of a collapse.

Tty said he collapsed in Boston. I did see the ambulance pull up to the back of the theatre and a whole lot of commotion.

Either I’m very forgetful (which is totally possible) or I never read that but I wasn’t aware of a collapse.

He collapsed after the Boston gig and was taken to the hospital.
Now that WPINOYB release is getting closer, we may get some kind of update on his health, I hope.

He collapsed after the Boston gig and was taken to the hospital.
Now that WPINOYB release is getting closer, we may get some kind of update on his health, I hope.

I'm a new fan-is it normal for him to not be doing any promotion with 2 weeks to go?

I hope he's ok and just hiding out until the heat from the tour dies down.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom