Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with this is that Steven hasn't made any of his moronic comments about the scandal of starving Africans. Do you know why that is? It's because he hates black people.

Morrissey "America is not the world":
"In America, The land of the free, they said, And of opportunity, In a just and a truthful way.
But where the president, is never black, female or gay, and until that day,
you've got nothing to say to me, to help me believe"

I am sad about the uproar which is going on about this.
Morrissey said how terrible and cruel the Norwegian killings have been in the first place.
They are a sign of what's still wrong with this world. People should never abuse or kill people
and it is sickening to see it happen, anyhow, all over the world.
It is going on NOW, in Africa and other places and not many people seem to care at all.
Please remember Rwanda where the world community watched a genozide and did nearly nothing to help,
aprox. 1 million people killed! And a lot of people don't even know about it:-(. How is this possible?

And there are things happening to animals, too, which are horrible, and should never ever happen.
Billions of animals are slaughtered. Each of them is an indiviual being, too. Each killing is a crime
and a brutal ignorance of the inherent worth of an intelligent and feeling creature.

A sense of ethical behaviour can not just end where it comes in handy.

All what Morrissey says is: There are many different terrible things happening in this world - look! Don't close your eyes!

Morrissey said how terrible and cruel the Norwegian killings have been in the first place.
They are a sign of what's still wrong with this world. People should never abuse or kill people
It is going on NOW, in Africa and other places and not many people seem to care at all.
Please remember Rwanda where the world community watched a genozide and did nearly nothing to help,
aprox. 1 million people killed! And a lot of people don't even know about it:-(. How is this possible?

And there are things happening to animals, too, which are horrible, and should never ever happen.
Billions of animals are slaughtered. Each of them is an indiviual being, too. Each killing is a crime
anda brutal ignorance of the inherent worth of an intelligent and feeling creature.

All what Morrissey says is: There are many different terrible things happening in this world - look! Don't close your eyes!

And Morrisseys problem is: He do not understand the difference between humans and animals.

You know what?

In the Russell Brand interview (on the Ringleader bonus DVD?) he said that the killing of animals for food was worse than the Holocaust.

How much press did that statement get? f***ing none, that's how much. So why have a go at him now. He has said worse things before this. We forgive him - because we must. He pisses me off now and then, but you take the bad with the good. I was appalled by the Holocaust statement but I shrugged it off because it's him and I know what I'm going to get when he opens his mouth.

If you don't like him, fine. But stay out of our way. We accept him flaws and all. He's said far worse than this and gotten away with it.

Yours, a vegetarian Jew!

I love Jesse, he is so wonderful. The way his fingers dance on his guitar, the rhythm and emotion he expresses. It moves me to heights I did not know I could reach. Alain should go to him for lessons.
I want to invent a time machine and go back and have Jesse write the music to every song Morrissey has ever sung. That would be delightful.
Imagine how much better The Smiths catalog would have been with Jesse’s soaring melodies instead of that hack Johnny what’s his name.
Does anyone know if Jesse has a fan club as I want to join it. I want to have his picture on my wall so I can sit before him and worship his genius. How did Morrissey ever survive before he arrived.
And he is so adorable. I want to un my fingers through his hair and be his. He is my idol.
Alain and Johnny and Boz bore me to tears but Jesse’s tunes fill me up like the notes of an angel.
He is my angel and wish he could come and take me away.

You know what?

In the Russell Brand interview (on the Ringleader bonus DVD?) he said that the killing of animals for food was worse than the Holocaust.

How much press did that statement get? f***ing none, that's how much. So why have a go at him now. He has said worse things before this. We forgive him - because we must. He pisses me off now and then, but you take the bad with the good. I was appalled by the Holocaust statement but I shrugged it off because it's him and I know what I'm going to get when he opens his mouth.

If you don't like him, fine. But stay out of our way. We accept him flaws and all. He's said far worse than this and gotten away with it.

Yours, a vegetarian Jew!

For the umpteenth f***ing time, yes he's "said worse things before this".

This isn't comparable to what he said about the Holocaust: he didn't make his ridiculous comments in the immediate aftermath of the events taking place, you clueless dolt.

And why tell us you're Jewish? What did you think that'd add to your post? You weren't in a concentration camp and you weren't a victim of the Nazis, so don't kid yourself that you, above all others, have the moral authority to give Steven absolution. Shame on you.

So, no, we don't "accept him flaws and all".

This guy is insane, completly stupid bastard!!!

We are all shocked abouth this slaughter in norway and this crasy idiot uses it for promoting his wiered vegetarian ideas? There is a huge difference between killing people an eating animals. I know that vegetarians cant understand that but this gut should shut his mouth and f*** up!

no. we are not all shocked. murders happen every day. some just get more publicity that others. it is sad but it is a fact of life. and that is all it is.

i am not a vegetarian but there is a big difference between killing animals and killing people. mainly that most dont eat the people they kill. most dont eat their dog if they kill that. but its ok if its a cow? or a chicken? the difference is that its a wasted resource and socially unacceptable in most places.

so anyone that doent eat meat is an idiot? any one that doesnt agree with you is an idiot? i just want to get it straight so i know which point to bring up before pointing out that the world does not revolve around you and you opinions. also either of those attitudes made you look like a complete ass to the point that i would be willinf to bet you dont have many friends. other then your mother.

no. we are not all shocked. murders happen every day. some just get more publicity that others. it is sad but it is a fact of life. and that is all it is.

i am not a vegetarian but there is a big difference between killing animals and killing people. mainly that most dont eat the people they kill. most dont eat their dog if they kill that. but its ok if its a cow? or a chicken? the difference is that its a wasted resource and socially unacceptable in most places.

so anyone that doent eat meat is an idiot? any one that doesnt agree with you is an idiot? i just want to get it straight so i know which point to bring up before pointing out that the world does not revolve around you and you opinions. also either of those attitudes made you look like a complete ass to the point that i would be willinf to bet you dont have many friends. other then your mother.

I'm sorry, but I had to mark you down for incoherence.

Yes, their day jobs were being two mice, a dog and a bear. Duhhh!

Those things aren't really jobs, though - at least, not proper jobs.

(Also, are you sure Goofy was a dog? Certainly Pluto was, and I think Goofy might've led him around on a lead, but are you saying they was a kind of sub/dom thing going on?)

This isn't comparable to what he said about the Holocaust: he didn't make his ridiculous comments in the immediate aftermath of the events taking place, you clueless dolt.

And why tell us you're Jewish? What did you think that'd add to your post? You weren't in a concentration camp and you weren't a victim of the Nazis, so don't kid yourself that you, above all others, have the moral authority to give Steven absolution. Shame on you.

Well you Dont have to accept him. He does not care if you dont as he is an idealist and speaks out of conviction and from his heart. A free spirit, One of the last in this world. This is why we love him. You are allowed to give your opinion about Morrissey and other things. He allows you to do this, he might even respect you for that. To try to change pur opinions about Morrissey is à waste. Wont happen. Breivik did not allow other peoples opinions but i strongly suggest you do.

Okay ... you are telling this person that his or her being jewish doesn't add anything to the post, because he or she was not a victim of the Holocaust. Fine enough. Although by that reasoning, no one here (including the Norwegians) should be angry about the shooting or bombing, because they were not shot or bombed. So where is your argumentation now? And again, stop yourself from staring blind on the fact that Morrissey referred to the Norwegian killings in order to state that there is a lot more going on in this world. He was just trying to get our focus, but apparently (and unfortunately!) most people tend to focus on the wrong bit ... you "clueless dolts".

Disgusted

Articulate, well thought out, emotive, brilliant.

Will this get media attention as "Morrissey Says Sorry"? Yes. But, regardless, well done Morrissey.

you are a vile human being! "Articulate & well thought out?" I think not.

The statement he made is disgusting, and the fact people would try to protect his statement without him even apologising is even worse.

Show some respect. What happened in Norway is a tragedy that has effected millions of people across the globe, do not try to leverage from this to make headlines for your own cause. If you have enough valid points and arguments your voice will be heard anyway.

Morrissey is probably the most intelligent pop star who has made it big. It's a shame people are now attacking him for the very qualities that they once lauded him for - being outspoken, contrary and a little melodramatic. I suppose it's age: they all think he should have sorted himself out by now. Thank you drop dead!

Look, Morrissey has at least explained what he meant, which is a good thing. It is - I agree with a few others on here - a shame he hasn't apologised for the wording of his verbal remark, which was clumsy at best and deeply crass at worst. But I wouldn't hold your breath. He apologised to Elton at Meltdown but he won't apologise to the families of the dead in Norway now! That's Morrissey for you.

I agree with him re: the celebrity of killers. Yet didn't Morrissey write a song called Jack the Ripper, write a song featuring the line 'the romance of crime' and name-check the Kray twins in TLOTFIPBs? How does this fit in with this note? If it's so vulgar to participate in the celebrity of killers, why did he give so much attention to Ronnie and Reggie?

It's a shame he didn't just apologise for his wording. He did not mean any harm - that much I'm sure of.

Morrissey loves animals and anyone who has followed him over the years must realise he was driven by love for the animals rather than gratuitous disregard for the feelings of the human victims.

This statement confirms you a bigger moron than Morrissey

and a brutal ignorance of the inherent worth of an intelligent and feeling creature.

thanks, that's indeed the perspective. We can talk about the Somali famine, the Congo civil war etc. Let's not allow indifference to cloud our judgment, or our indignation.

Nonetheless, his words "nothing compared to", well I found them quite insensitive to the victims, and to their relatives.

There's no need to count deaths and stack them up against one another in order to see who deserves most sympathy.

Compassion and empathy is not based on maths.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom