Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact is, Europeans are silly pacifist timid sheep. They bow and scrape and hand over their countries to Muslim invaders. They also prance about un-armed and allow someone like breivik to gun them down like fish in a barrel.

wow, neo nazies also on this site.. things start to heat up.. you sorry lot!!

Please can you explain a couple of things?
You and others are saying M is a hypocrite as he is not vegan. Do you think being just vegetarian is pointless? (Genuine question). If so, why?

Just being vegetarian is pointless ethically, it has a point if the point is you don't like eating meat, it disgusts you etc. Beyond that, not so much.

In all honesty small amounts of certain meats can be more ethical than a box of eggs, a glass of milk, a lump of cheese etc which all carry implicit cruelty.

For example to produce dairy the female cow must be continually made pregnant, when she gives birth her calf is taken away from her so humans can steal the milk. The 50% of calves that are male serve no purpose to the dairy industry and are killed instantly or reared under cruel circumstances to become veal. The female cows are killed as soon as their milk production eventually slows down.

Similarly the male hatchlings are useless to the egg/chicken industry and are thrown live into a shredding machine. The female chickens are slaughtered once their egg production slows down after a life in hideous cramped conditions.

Whether you buy meat, eggs, leather or dairy products the profits are still going into the same industry and to the same people. To hope otherwise is delusion.

Morrissey has always struck me as someone with a deep affinity for other animals on a slow transition towards veganism, whereby he would be walking the talk. He seems to have finally incorporated pleather in place of leather etc and his links with PETA etc will have surely enlightened him to the animal industry truths I describe above.

what we se here on these web pages is getting clear to everybody following this discusion..

Morrissey is a person that cant appology to the people he so persistent and cruely attack..
hies follovers do the same..
they have clearly racist opinions (Se the posting of jacke888)
they are a cult like movement
they dont understand normal thinking..

Let's be honest, Breivik was just misguided. He totally picked the wrong target. If he had gone to Edinburgh and taken out the congregation at old horse-face's wedding, that would have cheered me up no end...

"humans should use our abilities to show compassion"

SPOT ON... like Morrissey in Warsaw.. total lack of everything except stuoidity.. brainwased like the terrorist in Norway!! You still dont get it do yoU???

That has now nothing to do with what i wanted to say... I just wanted to say, that we should try to live and let live... Of course people say and do bad things sometimes. You don't call me brainwashed and compare me to a terrorist, do you? I think you meant Morrissey which is not better... Just because I say we should treat every creature with respect and compassion??? I didn't even judge anything Morrissey said (who am I to do this?) and I'm far from dissecting the horrible things that happened in Oslo and Utöya! I'm just sick of this arrogant view that we are any better than animals! That's all. And everybody who things it is funny, stupid or weak to show compassion towards animals (and of course towards other people, children, men... again: WHATEVER!) is a very poor soul!

I am growing to dislike the Norwegians more and more .....

f*** you Morrissey.
First of all, the name of the people how was killed in Norway was publish long time before you wrote your statement.
If you have children, you should know how important kids are, but you give a shit. My guess is you don't have any, and/if you have kids you value them as chicken!
If there is someone that quietly needs to by led away then that person is you. I hope radio stations around the world will do that.
I can promise you that that I will never listen to your music again.
Your voice is not welcome in my house.
f*** you ones again.

Omar Richter.

The complete list of VICTIMS that Morrissey did insult:

To everyone who took the time to honour the departed in Norway, Thank You. From Canada (a country who's written Mozzer off already...after his initial write-off), our hearts go out to the people of Norway. May their souls live on.

Of course you have to go back on your statement, you can't risk loosing fans... TOO LATE!!!
I, and many norwegians with me, hope you NEVER set your foot in Norway again. You're not welcome here!!

For some reason I think you might have reacted in a different way if the killings happened somewhere else. You're taking it personal just because it happened in your own country. Well, if you stand by your country in such a manner and personalise yourself with it that much, I am inclined to blame you for all the whale killings. See, this is just like your reasoning.
and this is coming from a Belgian who is very fond of Scandinavia (you don't learn Danish and Swedish for nothing).

This guy is insane, completly stupid bastard!!!

We are all shocked abouth this slaughter in norway and this crasy idiot uses it for promoting his wiered vegetarian ideas? There is a huge difference between killing people an eating animals. I know that vegetarians cant understand that but this gut should shut his mouth and f*** up!

Damn, why can't I just let this go. Okay ... first of all, your intelligence is shown by the language you use. Need I say more? Actually don't even know why I bother. Nonetheless, Morrissey's statement was not meant as an attack on Norway or as praise to the killer, because it seems most of you are considering it that way. Secondly, eating animals is very natural, yes. Locking them up, maltreating them and making them suffer is not! I am a vegetarian and I understand why people eat meat, so why can't others (people like you) understand why I don't?

I understand him regarding this subject. Morrissey has always been passionate about animal rights.
Animals, pets, "beasts" are much better company and considerably less treacherous than humans, IMO.

No, it's not called a false analogy. The analogy is correct but you disagree with the premise upon which is based, which is the premise that the division between humans and animals is arbitrary and deeply flawed. Or that the definition of murder legally (ie, the killing of a human being) is insufficient.

The premises would be:
Human beings are animals.
The difference between humans and animals are of degree, not kind. Many animals (apes, whales, dolphins) are capable of self awareness. Many animals (apes, ravens, crows) are capable of using tools, etc.
Our laws and language create a sharp division between humans and animals that does not reflect with reality.
Etc.

Again, it's not flawed logic. You simple disagree with the premises upon which it is based.

Well put! It's all about speciecism. Homo sapiens has the tendency to impute himself with a very special status, elevated above all other animals. But being homo sapiens is not a morally relevant quality, just as sex and race aren't either. I really like Peter Singer's statement about humans justifying animal cruelty because they don't possess our level of consciousness. Singer stated that by that reasoning we should use babies or mentally retarded people to conduct experiments on, as they have a lesser level of consciousness than primates or whales.

This does not equal an apology. What a horrible thing to say, showing no sensitivity. I am a vegetarian, but am tempted to eat meat after a statement like this.

People, please don't compare his views with those of vegetarians. I am one, but I don't push my beliefs on others and I certainly don't compare it to the mass murder of children.

Then what are your reasons for being a vegetarian?

Endless pages of waffle about vegetarianism and Geirge Bernard Shaw.meanwhile, in the real world, long term fans wonder why he can't apologise for using the Norway massacre to push his face into the mainstream as being "punk", "anti establishment" and "radical". He's a media whore and... Let's face it... It's all over now.

It will never be over for Morrissey. I was one of 1100 people in Vicar St last nite worshipping his every move, I did it in Cork on Wed and I will do it all over again tonite with 1100 more fans. Morrissey is the only singer ever worth this much passion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom