Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
A person who say such things, can only have an IQ of a banana!

He has not the right to live in a world with (normal thinking) people!

I hope he get cancer!

Morrissey, after 20 years of loving you and defending you (or rather looking at the other way in shame everytime you speak up and make statements) i can finally say you are a complete looser. a total moronic twat who has no touch with realty and with modern society at all. it is incredibly rude, low and mediocre to compare children to chickens. it is absolutely horrendous how you re abusing the memory of dead innocent children for your own advertisemtn of vegetarianism. i am appalled. i am appalled by your dictatorial, arrogant and vanaglorious mouth. the answer you gave is lowering you down the depth of mediocrity and not only, you are so stupid it is unbeivable all these fan keep defending you like complete chickens.
you were the first to romanticized a criminal - but of course, you can choose and do whatever you want, do you?
the names of thoe childrens are being made public, you complete moron. of course the world wants to see the devil of that monster, you complete moron. i have also seen the faces of those dead children, you idiot...please stop abusing the name and the life of those innocent poeple for your own stupid and ridiculous statements. you such a coward, such a privilleged son of bitch.
you have finalle destroyed everything i had for oyu, which was love, passion and admiration and adoration. you have killed my respect for you, finally and you made it in the worst way possible.
i am so sad about this, but noone can really understand me. those moronic I wish you had children, you f*****, and realize what it means to have your children compared to chicken. but a selfish, cynic gay mna like you, will probably never understand because you are just plain vain and selficsh. first the comment about the queen... the cencorship of this website owner, the stupid check-up?? what is wrong with you? i know...you are just egotistical, arrogant self-lacerating fat f***** f*** with millions in your pocket and with hordes of cretin chickens that follows your every move.
you were good in yoru times, bu tnow i have completely lost you... i really dont want to see you and hear from you ever again, as you are destroying my beautiful years where i considered you my idol. f*** you. you made me cry and you are a sad human being. shut the f*** up and f*** you forever and go get lost with a tree brunch up your ass.. ask any of your fans to do that, they will dutily help you. miserable f***.

Well I believe M feels very passionate about defending animals so he said at Warsaw what sure should he have said behind closed doors, not onstage; I think he didn't calculate what the aftermath of such a statement could be, he let himself go a bit too far. And people of Norway are obviously hurt for what happened at Utoya. I think Morrissey should just have kept this one for himself. But he made a mistake, now he explained you what he wanted to say. I think here there is just a lot of bad feelings involved. I consider myself a bit more objective for such a murder didn't take place in my country; but if I was Norwegian then I might have had bad feelings to. But there is no point in attacking him so ferociously. Everybody should calm down, which won't happen, but anyway. And I I am not a person who tends to defend him. I can proof it by saying that Jesse is not a good guitar player at any time:)

On the other hand, also , in M's personal point of view, the killing of animals seems to be the worst thing that is going on on this planet, so therefore he connected it with the murders at Utoya, therefore he thought he did a good connection. But there is a whole universe around his microcosmos he despised...

Therefore :''It's not what but it's how; it's a question of style '' says an italian song ..

Re: Disgusted

you are a vile human being! "Articulate & well thought out?" I think not.

The statement he made is disgusting, and the fact people would try to protect his statement without him even apologising is even worse.

Show some respect. What happened in Norway is a tragedy that has effected millions of people across the globe, do not try to leverage from this to make headlines for your own cause. If you have enough valid points and arguments your voice will be heard anyway.

The trouble here is that you and many others with "vile" comments do not even understand what Morrissey actually wanted to say. Did you hear him say that what happened in Norway was not a tragedy? No, you only hear what you want to hear. Again people: he said that MILLIONS of lives shed every day is much worse. How can you not agree with this, unless you are an advocate of speciecism? If so, you should try to reason this. You cannot just say "homo sapiens is better than any other organism". Why? Because he is supposed to be more intelligent? Well, then smart people are better than dumb people (in which category do you find yourself?), so it's no problem when dumb people are killed. You might say homo sapiens has a higher level of consciousness; well, primates and whales have a higher level of consciousness than babies and people with mental disabilities. By that reasoning, it shouldn't be a problem that they are killed. So, what do you say?

The trouble here is that you and many others with "vile" comments do not even understand what Morrissey actually wanted to say. Did you hear him say that what happened in Norway was not a tragedy? No, you only hear what you want to hear. Again people: he said that MILLIONS of lives shed every day is much worse. How can you not agree with this, unless you are an advocate of speciecism? If so, you should try to reason this. You cannot just say "homo sapiens is better than any other organism". Why? Because he is supposed to be more intelligent? Well, then smart people are better than dumb people (in which category do you find yourself?), so it's no problem when dumb people are killed. You might say homo sapiens has a higher level of consciousness; well, primates and whales have a higher level of consciousness than babies and people with mental disabilities. By that reasoning, it shouldn't be a problem that they are killed. So, what do you say?

By comparing chickens, cows with brutaly murderd children.. LOTS of them, Morrisey belongs in the cattegory NEO NAZIST, that did the same, compering humans with animals!!

Ergo: MORRISEY = HITLER!!!

A excuse from that NAZI and the fans that support and hail him shuld be in place, and is long over due!!!!

And the press around the world do agree upon that..
ex: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...orway-attacks/2011/07/28/gIQA8ga5eI_blog.html

The ever-controversial musician Morrissey is once again being controversial, this time for saying that the recent terrorist attacks in Norway, which killed 76 people, aren’t as bad as what fast food companies do.

At a recent concert in Warsaw, Poland, the former Smiths frontman reportedly said, “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead.” He then added: “Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried [expletive] every day.” The vegan and animal rights activist then segued into a performance of “Meat is Murder.”

This did not go over well.

Comedian Dan Atkinson tweeted, “Congratulations to Morrissey. It takes an exceptional brand of tosspot to capitalise on mass murder to further the cause of chickens.” Another Twitter user wrote, “Maybe Morrissey would like to repeat what he said about the attacks in Norway to the friends and families of the victims.”

Making comparisons using tragic events tends to be a bad idea. Take the recent death of Amy Winehouse, which was seemingly used by Microsoft in a tweet to sell one of her albums for the Zune. Company officials later apologized. And while Morrissey should know better by now after this, this and this, he seemingly doesn’t

“Morrissey has decided not to comment any further as he believes his statement speaks for itself,” his spokesperson told the Telegraph. Yes, it does. Loud and clear.

And why tell us you're Jewish? What did you think that'd add to your post? You weren't in a concentration camp and you weren't a victim of the Nazis, so don't kid yourself that you, above all others, have the moral authority to give Steven absolution. Shame on you.

So, no, we don't "accept him flaws and all".

Okay ... you are telling this person that his or her being jewish doesn't add anything to the post, because he or she was not a victim of the Holocaust. Fine enough. Although by that reasoning, no one here (including the Norwegians) should be angry about the shooting or bombing, because they were not shot or bombed. So where is your argumentation now?

We're all entitled to be horrified about the events in Norway and horrified about what was done in the Holocaust. We're entitled to pour scorn on Steven's moronic remarks about both events. We're entitled to think that belittling the horror of those events makes him an insensitive, unthinking prick. We're also entitled to the opinion that he's trying to capitalise on the horror inflicted on other people to try to make himself look "controversial" and "inflammatory".

What we aren't entitled to do is to insinuate (falsely) that we were victims of these events simply to try to lend credence to our opinion that Morrissey's comments aren't problematic. We aren't entitled to say, "I was a victim and, if Morrissey's comments are fine by me, then nobody else has the right to object". That is the subtext of what the other poster was saying. However, she wasn't a victim and, even if she had been, I doubt she'd find many other victims who agreed with her.

Well you Dont have to accept him. He does not care if you dont as he is an idealist and speaks out of conviction and from his heart. A free spirit, One of the last in this world. This is why we love him. You are allowed to give your opinion about Morrissey and other things. He allows you to do this, he might even respect you for that. To try to change pur opinions about Morrissey is à waste. Wont happen. Breivik did not allow other peoples opinions but i strongly suggest you do.

Nobody is saying he isn't allowed to hold whatever opinion he wants to; he is. He's also entitled to air his opinions as much, and as loudly, as he wants to. By the same token, though, the rest of us are allowed to challenge those opinions, to point out that they're moronic, and to say that the world would be a better place if he kept them to himself.

The comment about being concerned about all killing is valid;if you draw a comparison with how many get killed in Afghanistan monthly it's correct - I got lambasted about making the same comment to people around me. Also true if this has happened in N.Ireland or US it would NOT have got the same coverage..

However, and this will probably split the Veg/non-Veg lobby, to make the comparison with KFC and McDonalds is just facile IN THIS CONTEXT, coupled with the fact that I don't actually think it does the Veg cause much good

By comparing chickens, cows with brutaly murderd children.. LOTS of them, Morrisey belongs in the cattegory NEO NAZIST, that did the same, compering humans with animals!!

Ergo: MORRISEY = HITLER!!!

A excuse from that NAZI and the fans that support and hail him shuld be in place, and is long over due!!!!

And the press around the world do agree upon that..
ex: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...orway-attacks/2011/07/28/gIQA8ga5eI_blog.html

The ever-controversial musician Morrissey is once again being controversial, this time for saying that the recent terrorist attacks in Norway, which killed 76 people, aren’t as bad as what fast food companies do.

At a recent concert in Warsaw, Poland, the former Smiths frontman reportedly said, “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead.” He then added: “Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried [expletive] every day.” The vegan and animal rights activist then segued into a performance of “Meat is Murder.”

This did not go over well.

Comedian Dan Atkinson tweeted, “Congratulations to Morrissey. It takes an exceptional brand of tosspot to capitalise on mass murder to further the cause of chickens.” Another Twitter user wrote, “Maybe Morrissey would like to repeat what he said about the attacks in Norway to the friends and families of the victims.”

Making comparisons using tragic events tends to be a bad idea. Take the recent death of Amy Winehouse, which was seemingly used by Microsoft in a tweet to sell one of her albums for the Zune. Company officials later apologized. And while Morrissey should know better by now after this, this and this, he seemingly doesn’t

“Morrissey has decided not to comment any further as he believes his statement speaks for itself,” his spokesperson told the Telegraph. Yes, it does. Loud and clear.

I totaly agree!!

Saynig such tings, meaning it, confirmein it, and supporting it is clear indication upon a very disturb soul.

I`m teaching history at a university in Stocholm, and this behaviour and blindnes of other peoples feelings, los of epathy is somthing that we often can study among dictaors, religius cult leaders and political righ/left wing leaders. In light of all the other mr. Morrissey has said earlier, he clearly is a troubled man who needs some guiding of a proffesional. Hitler, or nazi look upon other people, "untermench" is a valid copearising here. Sadly he dont see this.

But i would strongly urge him to apologise to the Norwegian people in their sorrow.

Doll & The Kicks claim that they and Morrissey are perfect partners in crime. Aha. The woman publicly declared her love for a steak house. This did not keep Morrissey from putting them on stage in Cork and give them the usual exposure. Last tour anybody, where they were more important than anything else? Anything Morrissey said in regards to animals being slaughtered becomes ridiculous in this light anyway, no matter if you rank the life of an animal and a human equally or not. And what Gaga did, give out hamburgers to fans, we all remember the picture of Morrissey holding her and this other moron in his arms. I for one do not give a whatever anymore what this man could possibly say about anything related to animals or musicians prostituting themselves or just searching fame or whatever. Sometimes I think he better just looked good and kept his mouth shut.

I totaly agree!!

Saynig such tings, meaning it, confirmein it, and supporting it is clear indication upon a very disturb soul.

I`m teaching history at a university in Stocholm, and this behaviour and blindnes of other peoples feelings, los of epathy is somthing that we often can study among dictaors, religius cult leaders and political righ/left wing leaders. In light of all the other mr. Morrissey has said earlier, he clearly is a troubled man who needs some guiding of a proffesional. Hitler, or nazi look upon other people, "untermench" is a valid copearising here. Sadly he dont see this.

But i would strongly urge him to apologise to the Norwegian people in their sorrow.

errata:

"political righ/left wing leaders" Shuld read "political far righ/left wing leaders"

I`m so sorry.

I totaly agree!!

Untermensch? You won't believe the discussions that went on on this website last year, where they claimed that Nietzsche with his Übermensch is a genius and people need an elite to tell them what to think and do. I think that Morrissey has a better understanding what this means than they do, because of his experiences with authorities, which were not always nice. I do not know what it is like to be in his shoes, because he is surrounded by people who are very manipulative, which is obvious if you are not him, but they are nice to him so that it can be more difficult for him to spot. He has also been fed with much of the same information and idiology for the past years that is shared by his close friends. Sometimes I wonder if he just needs to be taken out of this and just put somewhere completely different for a while, not surrounded by any of them, his friends and fans.

Untermensch? You won't believe the discussions that went on on this website last year, where they claimed that Nietzsche with his Übermensch is a genius and people need an elite to tell them what to think and do. I think that Morrissey has a better understanding what this means than they do, because of his experiences with authorities, which were not always nice. I do not know what it is like to be in his shoes, because he is surrounded by people who are very manipulative, which is obvious if you are not him, but they are nice to him so that it can be more difficult for him to spot. He has also been fed with much of the same information and idiology for the past years that is shared by his close friends. Sometimes I wonder if he just needs to be taken out of this and just put somewhere completely different for a while, not surrounded by any of them, his friends and fans.

Realy ? You got some link to this discussions ?

What a dark and evil thing to say. No respect for those left behind or those killed. I hope no Scandinavian concert hall will ever take him in again.

Never understood the extreme vegan argument. One is not allowed to kill other living creatures. Bacteria is a living creature. If a human moves then he kills bacteria or if he eats he kills gut flora bacteria, thus the vegan must kill himself before he kills anymore living innocent bacteria.

Never understood the extreme vegan argument. One is not allowed to kill other living creatures. Bacteria is a living creature. If a human moves then he kills bacteria or if he eats he kills gut flora bacteria, thus the vegan must kill himself before he kills anymore living innocent bacteria.

This is not the vegan argument at all. Not all forms of life deserve moral consideration. Only the 'sentient' ones. However you define sentient. But a bacteria has no brain or nervous system, quite clearly ruling it out.

Let's put this all into perspective: Morrissey is a singer/songwriter and a great one in my opinion. He has meant a lot to me over the years. I've found great sadness and great humour in both his music and in his words. He touches me. Every word which he says should not be over analysed and disected. He's a strict vegetarian and has done a lot for animals over the years. He doesn't have children so how can he possibly truly feel the loss of these families? I have children and even I can't truly feel the loss of these families. We are only aware of what is relevant to us. That is not an insult to anyone who has been through more. It's unbelievably tragic what has happened in Norway but I feel the anger should be directed to the guy who committed the crime. He's being allowed to say exactly why he committed the crime and every word is being hung upon. The guy is mentally insane. No matter what he believes, he is truly ill.

As a strict vegetarian, I feel for humans and for animals. Humans are certainly the more aggressive and depressing of the two. I read about the tragedies in Norway and wept. I read about pigs being beaten in an abbatoir and wept.

It is not a competition to see who is the "strictest" vegetarian or who says the "correct" things at any given time. We all do what we do in this world and the only people we have to live with are ourselves. Nobody should be nasty and litter their comments with insults just because a person has another opinion. Grow up.

Morrissey doesn't need any of us to defend or insult him. He has an opinion. He is entitled to it.

he is absolutely right to say that. there is nothing wrong. evenyday animals are killed, millions of them. and noone cares!!! human beeings are not more important!!!

he is absolutely right to say that. there is nothing wrong. evenyday animals are killed, millions of them. and noone cares!!! human beeings are not more important!!!

Ohh, what about animals that kill animals, like woulf, fox, cats, lions, sharks, hyeanas, bears, lisards, snakes, aligators... phuu.. and so on..

What about them???

Learn them to enjoy apples??

jeeeezz.. you are a naive bunch!!

Animals have no choice but to kill other animals to live. But as a human, you have the choice to eat meat or not. Fool

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom