Morrissey statement on tour cancellation - true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Tuesday June 10th
- true-to-you.net

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

Related press:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't want to work with her after this. A lot of things go on in music industry and you are supposed to keep it to yourself. It is not her tour and she was very lucky to even be a part of it.

We have a saying in the gay community for people who have 16 hour allergy attacks: "MARY!" There's no doubt in my mind that KY was ill. My partner just went through a tremendous bout with a virus that I (lascivious whore that I am) didn't catch. Come each allergy/pollen season (or some trigger) I'm popping my pills, putting Nasonex up my nose, using Advair and sometimes using my emergency inhaler. None of that adds up to 16 hours. I'd be in anaphylactic shock otherwise, and I'd be hospitalized. That 16-hour bit is the lie that gives it away. Morrissey may have a weak immune system (as some people do) but a 16-hour allergy attack is just an odious lie. She's flat-out lying, and she's taking down the man who has given her the biggest break she'll ever get.

I've defended her many times to many people, but her lie is as obvious as... her age.

This. ANd the point of Morrissey's statement is that she must have at some point back stage literally during a gig said to someone, "I feel sick." Not "I feel an allergy attack coming on" or "Damn this southern pollen" or "f***ing congestion" or any number of things, she said I feel sick, then BLAM, he gets sick. He's just piecing it together trying to explain to US that there's a reason he's cancelled/rescheduled and that reason is blatantly LYING that she was at least a credible culprit and their statement that she was ill was NOT a lie as she alluded to when she thanked her fans for their well wishes and said she just had allergies. Also she's a compulsive, pathological LIAR. Morrissey's guilty of dropping some fibs here and there but her modus operandi is to reconstruct entire realities including doctor's notes and laissez faire attitude for dramatic effect. Master manipulator. His only mistake was wishing her well, f*** her.

We have a saying in the gay community for people who have 16 hour allergy attacks: "MARY!" There's no doubt in my mind that KY was ill. My partner just went through a tremendous bout with a virus that I (lascivious whore that I am) didn't catch. Come each allergy/pollen season (or some trigger) I'm popping my pills, putting Nasonex up my nose, using Advair and sometimes using my emergency inhaler. None of that adds up to 16 hours. I'd be in anaphylactic shock otherwise, and I'd be hospitalized. That 16-hour bit is the lie that gives it away. Morrissey may have a weak immune system (as some people do) but a 16-hour allergy attack is just an odious lie. She's flat-out lying, and she's taking down the man who has given her the biggest break she'll ever get.

I've defended her many times to many people, but her lie is as obvious as... her age.

This reasoning is flawed. I suffer from hayfever and I'm also sensitive to various micro-pollutants. When the Saharan Sand covered the UK I had to stay indoors and needed to use Ventolin type inhaler now and then. I couldn't exercise. With standard hayfever I use OTC remedies and can travel/work/get on with my life. But if I move to a different climate with the kind of humidity you get in Georgia, say, it takes a while to acclimatise.

I'm sure the wear and tear on the organism from touring across time and climate zones can play random havoc if a new irritant trigger is in the air. I see no reason to doubt Ms Young's statement and I am saddened that Morrissey chose to personalise the opportunistic strategies of microbial and viral life-forms on a large tour party all with pre-condtions and pre-dispositions to infection. It's entirely plausible that the malady came from Morrissey to everyone else. Just because you stay in 5 star luxury hotels doesn't mean there aren't pathogens behind the pillows. Trust me, I've had it so many times in foreign and British hotels that I'd sleep in a tent on business trips if it didn't raise eyebrows. I often do that but don't report it to business associates at their absurd 'power breakfast' the next day. They have no idea the room they paid for was just used as a left luggage store.

best wishes
Bear Grylls is NOT BrummieBoy

Deep down I knew he would never do a full tour again he's playing with us all its all about me me me me and it s getting rather boring now maybe he looked at the charts and thought sod it I can't be arsed anymore

Why shouldn't we?
Seriously accept the truth when it stares you blankly in the face.
Been cancelled on more times than I care to count.
Unless Morrissey has full blown aids, I don't buy that his immune system is as compromised as he makes it out to be.

I don't find myself commenting much on here, it's often better just to sit back and soak up the carnage, but I have to say, it doesn't take 'full-blown Aids' to compromise your immune system pretty magnificently. I've been living with a chronic virus for over 4 years and I know how a low immune system can feel. The thing is, I often feel able to take something on that, upon actually doing it, I realise is too much. It's very frustrating because the mental and emotional will to do it is as present as it ever was. The reason I say this is that I imagine Morrissey may feel similar and it's certainly not something to blame him for.

I feel very sorry for the fans that won't get to see Morrissey now. Sorry too that you'll be out of pocket. Worse things happen, so please keep that in perspective. You live and you learn. Good luck to you.

I hope Morrissey gets better soon and can move on in a creative and positive way.

I hate when Morrissey lists the shows he enjoyed most on his tour, he spent a large chunk of 'Autobiography' ranking shows. This is an insult to all the dedicated fans out there who for whatever arbitrary reason aren't chosen in his list.

Deep down I knew he would never do a full tour again he's playing with us all its all about me me me me and it s getting rather boring now maybe he looked at the charts and thought sod it I can't be arsed anymore

This!!

Again, so lucky to have seen the Moz live. He put on a hell of a show in Lincoln NE. I don't blame him for not ever wanting to see this cornfield again. Some people just don't know what he's about, and they never will. I love Morrissey, and on a personal note, I hope you get better buddy. Love you
Dave

I hate when Morrissey lists the shows he enjoyed most on his tour, he spent a large chunk of 'Autobiography' ranking shows. This is an insult to all the dedicated fans out there who for whatever arbitrary reason aren't chosen in his list.

How is it an insult? He's simply stating which shows he particularly enjoyed. I don't feel at all insulted when he doesn't list the shows I attended - but then maybe that's because I'm not always looking for opportunity to criticise...?

For what it's worth, this season's allergies have been terrible here in Chicago, at least... And I've heard the same from Boston. Absolutely the worst I can remember. I was left gasping for two weeks straight with mucus colored like a artificial carbonated beverage. And before you ask, I have recently tested negative for HIV.

With all this said, I loathe the back and forth that this is causing. I'm straight up despondent that Chicago and Flint were canceled, but Morrissey's health comes first as I hardly expect anyone to crawl upon the cross for me. The rumor mill must be for one's own malicious entertainment. If the man were to actually have HIV, it's certainly not your place to pry it out of him. But he doesn't, so you won't.

Morrissey -- I hope you are able to recover to the point where you can tour again. Come somewhere to the Midwest US, if you please, we will be waiting. Much love. xx

Last edited:
But does he owe us "the truth?" In my opinion, no. He owes us to honor his commitments as far as possible, but he doesn't owe us anything beyond that.

If he isn't going to honour his commitment then I think we kind of deserve the truth but more so, I just wish he'd acknowledge those who put a lot of effort into trying to see him life and missed out. That could be someone who payed to travel far or someone who bought the cheapest seat at a venue they could walk to.

I personally believe he IS sick and is not able to finish the tour. I think in the grand scheme of things we have the truth about why he has cancelled the tour.

What the truth is between him and KY is hard to figure out. I don't think we really deserve THAT specific truth.

Get well soon Moz as there is a new Album to promote.....

Cheers Moz

Spencer Cobrin just said on Facebook, "Tour canceled? Ya don't say. *yawn*

Screenshot_2014-06-11-15-46-05.png
Indeed he did. Spencer normally appears a bit more discreet.
I hope this isn't the begining of the night of the long knives...
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
Both moz and kristeen are both in on this for the promo, quite simple. Everything is a massive game, they're fcked in the head.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom