Link posted by an anonymous person:
Tuesday June 10th - true-to-you.net
Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:
1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater
- Morrissey Cancels Remainder of US Tour - Pitchfork
- Morrissey Cancels Tour; Opener Kristeen Young Denies Getting Him Sick - Billboard
- Still Ill: Morrissey Cancels Tour, Blames Opening Act - Stereogum
- You have chilled me: Morrissey blames support after cancelling tour with cold - The Independent
- TTY: Boz Boorer statement - June 19, 2014
- Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - true-to-you.net - June 13, 2014
- Kristeen Young responds to Morrissey's tour cancellation TTY statement - June 10, 2014
- Remainder of US tour cancelled due to Morrissey's respiratory infection - June 10, 2014