Morrissey statement on South America tour, food poisoning at TTY: "See the luck I've had"

See the luck I've had - true-to-you.net
12 July 2013

I can't give words to the sorrow I feel at the loss of perfect Peru. Oh, black cloud. After such a victorious and uplifting welcome of Lima love, the contaminated jinx had its way via a simple restaurant meal of penne pasta and tomato. Three hours later, both I, and security Liam have collapsed with a deadly and delirious bedridden disease. Five days of round-the-clock medical supervision just barely controls the corrosively toxic food poisoning. I know my luck too well. Sorrow replaces joy, and in every dream home a heartache. It could only be me.
I have returned to Los Angeles and to the expert supervision of my doctor Jeremy Fine, who assures me that I shall be fine (although not in the gossamer, powdery sense) for our upcoming shows in Argentina and Brazil. I have absolutely no idea where my beloved Chile has gone. In the heat of cancellations and postponements, the humiliation and mortification I feel on a personal level is too mammoth to be measured. If my spirits climb down any lower I could never again find the dignity to stand upright. We all live at the mercy of biological chance, and although I am not one to take refuge in clichés, I repeat my very servile apologies to any and all who back-packed their way to Peru. Alas, the dark shadow made the same journey.
Each year of life brings us nearer to our decline, but I will continue to seek a listener until I'm dead in a ditch.

with all the soul of the world
MORRISSEY
12 July 2013, Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Update from TTY: "See the luck I've had"

This the gayest ever update to date, why can't he just say, yeah I've had the shits I'm at the doctors in LA now and the show'll go on instead of packing the statement full of fluff and bollocks.

2 spoonfuls of cum via doctors orders should sort him out.

Probably because its not just "the shits". Its probably something far worse, you stupid bitch.

Just wondering if everyone else rolled their eyes with as much spin as I did.

Actually some people no longer support Morrissey, they are internet trolls.

They only come here to vent.

All the registered users are able to put some users and anonymous posters on ignore.

Objection your Honour! Venting is not always Trolling! Plus when it's hot, it's vital!

He he... Wonder if Morrissey has access to that "ignore" function. ;)

They're not fans.

I think it's similar to the school playground theory; when one child starts making fun of/picking on/putting another child down, the majority of the class jump on the bandwagon because they want to be in the 'popular' camp. Even if they really want to stand up for the child and be on their side with their own opinions.

To Viva's comment about the musical ability and new material: I do partly agree with you, but the 54 year old Morrissey's song writing ability is always going to be on a very different scale to that of the 30 year old Morrissey. I was never a fan of the most recent album or material but have always loved his early Smiths and solo work. It's the same as the Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd or any artist/band who is still performing today; they always look good on paper as legends, playing their classic hits and bringing in old fans but the expectations and memories of the artist they were before very rarely lives up to the expectation.
It's a little thing called ageing and maturing and unfortunately will happen to us all.
Take The Stones performing at Glasto this year; they didn't really put on a perfect performance and it didn't look quite right: a group of 70 year olds dancing and singing, dressed in skinny jeans, rocking out guitars, but they were loved because they are legends.
Morrissey obviously hasn't got to that stage yet but he has changed through the years as they and everybody else has. And we can either change as fans along with him and accept his differences or turn our backs on him as he is now and live in a memory bubble.

He is sill the same mancunian blooded Steven Patrick Morrissey who was a shadow on the punk rock scene over twenty years ago just with a few more grey hairs and a little more life experience.

Last edited:

Probably because its not just "the shits". Its probably something far worse, you stupid bitch.

Erm no Moz said it's food poisoning ergo he'll be sure to have the shits.

You probably think the shits is some sort of sexual practice you absolute f***wit shit-for-brains.

It's sort of fascinating the way the internet trolls try to psychoanalyze Moz and his colleague Kristeen.

KY is a colleague to Morrissey as a tick is a colleague to a cat.

I can't really believe some of the responses to this from his own 'fans'.
Where has the compassion and support disappeared to? Extremely sad.

Last night I had the strangest dream. Morrissey knocked on my door looking ill and desperate so I took him in and let him have the spare room. What can I cook for him that will be healthy and full of iron ? (I thought) And then it struck me !
I called on my celebrity chef friends Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey to pull a few strings and get hold of Kate Middleton's placenta !!!!!! Brilliant.
They sliced and they diced, Gordon swore and Jamie said 'pucker' the dish was decorated in all things spinach and broccoli and was named "revenge is best served al a Royal' with peas.
Lunchtime came and Morrissey entered the dining room in his onesy and a pair of carrot slippers, Jamie and Gordon hid in the kitchen while I served the dish to Morrissey and then hot footed it back to the kitchen to join the others. The greedy so and so ate the lot and asked for seconds !!!!!! The three of us where off our tits laughing at what we had just seen before our eyes ! Morrissey eating healthy fair trade royal food caught on camera.
And then I woke up.

Each year of life brings us nearer to the oak box, but I will continue to serve quality meat at quality prices until I am dead in a ditch !

Regards

Benny-the-Butcher

It's sort of fascinating the way the internet trolls try to psychoanalyze Moz and his colleague Kristeen. They seem to put a lot of effort into it.
Well to be honest with you some of us "psychotrolls" take very long holidays as well...:) And psychoanalyze everybody. Even animals.
You can say that again!

Erm no Moz said it's food poisoning ergo he'll be sure to have the shits.

You probably think the shits is some sort of sexual practice you absolute f***wit shit-for-brains.

Bang on the money as always Mozza22059 :lbf:

I think it's similar to the school playground theory; when one child starts making fun of/picking on/putting another child down, the majority of the class jump on the bandwagon because they want to be in the 'popular' camp. Even if they really want to stand up for the child and be on their side with their own opinions.

To Viva's comment about the musical ability and new material: I do partly agree with you, but the 54 year old Morrissey's song writing ability is always going to be on a very different scale to that of the 30 year old Morrissey. I was never a fan of the most recent album or material but have always loved his early Smiths and solo work. It's the same as the Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd or any artist/band who is still performing today; they always look good on paper as legends, playing their classic hits and bringing in old fans but the expectations and memories of the artist they were before very rarely lives up to the expectation.
It's a little thing called ageing and maturing and unfortunately will happen to us all.
Take The Stones performing at Glasto this year; they didn't really put on a perfect performance and it didn't look quite right: a group of 70 year olds dancing and singing, dressed in skinny jeans, rocking out guitars, but they were loved because they are legends.
Morrissey obviously hasn't got to that stage yet but he has changed through the years as they and everybody else has. And we can either change as fans along with him and accept his differences or turn our backs on him as he is now and live in a memory bubble.

He is sill the same mancunian blooded Steven Patrick Morrissey who was a shadow on the punk rock scene over twenty years ago just with a few more grey hairs and a little more life experience.

I look at his setlist and think perhaps Morrissey is the one in the memory bubble. Were there eight Smiths songs on the list for Lima? Something like that.

There's a lot of truth in your wider points, but we have been told by the man himself his "new" material - by which I mean last decade - is the best he's ever released. I remember hearing a duff quality live version of Paris doing the rounds some months before release, and thinking it was tremendous. Ditto YHKM. I remember that first ever amazing USTV performance of First Of The Gang To Die, not Letterman, the first one. "You have never been in love until you've seen the dawn rise behind the home for the blind." Pure Morrissey. Funny, clever, everything we know he's capable of still producing. But I remember the filler, particularly of the last two albums. You'd get a pretty decent album by combining the best of them both, but separately? No.

At least the Stones have grown old relatively gracefully and didn't tell us their last studio album matched Exile On Main Street. Where does promotion cross into delusion? Be happy with it by all means, be proud of it, but to tell people it matches anything else he's ever done is an insult to everyone's intelligence. Someone here claimed just a couple of days ago that Art-Hounds was as good as There Is A Light That Never Goes Out. It isn't.

Post Quarry life has not been kind to either Morrissey or his fans. The band today look moribund. Just going through the motions. Glastonbury was a real eye opener. The man himself seems stuck in a rut. I'd keep Boz on board and dump the rest. Boz seems to me to be a thoroughly decent chap and can perhaps serve as a conduit to new collaborators. Morrissey still has a great album left in him. I'm utterly convinced of that. By pretending everything is fine we do him a disservice. He's better than that. The man is a f***ing star.

I look at his setlist and think perhaps Morrissey is the one in the memory bubble. Were there eight Smiths songs on the list for Lima? Something like that.

There's a lot of truth in your wider points, but we have been told by the man himself his "new" material - by which I mean last decade - is the best he's ever released. I remember hearing a duff quality live version of Paris doing the rounds some months before release, and thinking it was tremendous. Ditto YHKM. I remember that first ever amazing USTV performance of First Of The Gang To Die, not Letterman, the first one. "You have never been in love until you've seen the dawn rise behind the home for the blind." Pure Morrissey. Funny, clever, everything we know he's capable of still producing. But I remember the filler, particularly of the last two albums. You'd get a pretty decent album by combining the best of them both, but separately? No.

At least the Stones have grown old relatively gracefully and didn't tell us their last studio album matched Exile On Main Street. Where does promotion cross into delusion? Be happy with it by all means, be proud of it, but to tell people it matches anything else he's ever done is an insult to everyone's intelligence. Someone here claimed just a couple of days ago that Art-Hounds was as good as There Is A Light That Never Goes Out. It isn't.

Post Quarry life has not been kind to either Morrissey or his fans. The band today look moribund. Just going through the motions. Glastonbury was a real eye opener. The man himself seems stuck in a rut. I'd keep Boz on board and dump the rest. Boz seems to me to be a thoroughly decent chap and can perhaps serve as a conduit to new collaborators. Morrissey still has a great album left in him. I'm utterly convinced of that. By pretending everything is fine we do him a disservice. He's better than that. The man is a f***ing star.

Every word of this is spot on.

P.

I'm astounded almost speechless for the first time ever I totally agree with everything you've said maybe I've misjudged you

quoting for truth

also picked up on the poster comparing Art-Hounds to TIALTNGO - seriously deluded

that last paragraph is f***ing gold

P.

* Apart from keeping Boz on the payroll ! His head should be first on the block, he's a yes man with NOTHING to offer these days.

Al's well
(but wasn't a while ago)

P.

If you cannot see the 'Life is a Pigsty' is utter, utter genius, it goes to show how very, very little you know. Stop clinging to 1986, Morrissey's work in the last decade IS better than his work in the eighties. FACT.

Slender Brenda

Wow. An artist doesn't need enemies when he's got "fans" like you people...

Your Morrissey needs you !

Competition time folks ! We all know that Moz has to cancel gigs but even the great man is running out of ideas for no-shows so lets help him out' post your ideas via this site but remember not to include any used tales like the following

Bass player loses arm but luckily finds it the day after !

Mum's ill

The band is ill

HRH instructed the British secret service to food poison me and Liam (kiss kiss Liam)

How about getting a 'job' Morrrissey your finished !

Anyone who thinks that Morrissey takes these cancelations lightly is delusional. Even if he has total disregard for the feelings of his fans, which I sincerely doubt, he is an intelligent, creative man, and people of this nature tend to experience humiliation like a mortal wound. He would not intentionally do anything that would cause public embarassment, or worse, cause him to be the subject of more vile comments from alleged fans on this site. I personally think that he suffers from bouts of extremely dark moods that are completely paralyzing; and whether his problems are physical or emotional, or a combination of the two, his condition should inspire compassion, not contempt.

I loved Springsteen when I was a kid; then his music became intolerable, commercialized crap. I was upset for about a minute, then I moved on, because that is what mature, sane people do. I certainly don't waste hours of my life trolling his fan site, using fake names to post malicious comments with the sole intent of upsetting people who still respect and adore him. That would just be unnecessarily cruel. If you don't like him, then don't look at him, don't buy his merchandise, don't listen to his music, and don't go to his concerts. It's really that simple.

Many people come here because they want to connect with others who share similar interests and passions; that is a basic human need; but people who come here seeking out others with a common hatred are just vile, pathetic, disturbed, worthless, dangerous individuals. There is a difference between criticizing Morrissey's recent lyrics or his public statements and attacking him brutally on a personal level. Even his most devoted fans have found his behavior to be questionable at times, and intelligent debate on these issues is to be expected; but it is a completely different issue when people post the most debase remarks concerning his appearance or his sexuality just because they, and no one else, think that it is amusing. Others have questioned why anyone would waste the time and effort doing this. Here are some possibilites; 1. the person is an egomaniacal blow-hard who believes that his/her opinion is the only option. 2. the person is a self-absorbed narcissist who needs to see his/her comments written in a public forum. 3. The person is a bully who gets some deranged pleasure from degrading others. 4. the person is a sexually repressed, juvenile-minded, socially retarded, basement bound twat. 5. the person is spiteful, jealous, and insecure and can't stand the thought of others finding comfort and inspiration in something. 6. all of the above, and you sick f***s know exactly who you are.

Morrissey, my love,where ever you are, whatever you are, I will be at the side of that ditch, thanking you for so many beautiful words. Be well.

lynnda

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom