Morrissey statement on South America tour, food poisoning at TTY: "See the luck I've had"

See the luck I've had - true-to-you.net
12 July 2013

I can't give words to the sorrow I feel at the loss of perfect Peru. Oh, black cloud. After such a victorious and uplifting welcome of Lima love, the contaminated jinx had its way via a simple restaurant meal of penne pasta and tomato. Three hours later, both I, and security Liam have collapsed with a deadly and delirious bedridden disease. Five days of round-the-clock medical supervision just barely controls the corrosively toxic food poisoning. I know my luck too well. Sorrow replaces joy, and in every dream home a heartache. It could only be me.
I have returned to Los Angeles and to the expert supervision of my doctor Jeremy Fine, who assures me that I shall be fine (although not in the gossamer, powdery sense) for our upcoming shows in Argentina and Brazil. I have absolutely no idea where my beloved Chile has gone. In the heat of cancellations and postponements, the humiliation and mortification I feel on a personal level is too mammoth to be measured. If my spirits climb down any lower I could never again find the dignity to stand upright. We all live at the mercy of biological chance, and although I am not one to take refuge in clichés, I repeat my very servile apologies to any and all who back-packed their way to Peru. Alas, the dark shadow made the same journey.
Each year of life brings us nearer to our decline, but I will continue to seek a listener until I'm dead in a ditch.

with all the soul of the world
MORRISSEY
12 July 2013, Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
But how are they getting in the way of conversation? I mean, are they really a problem? Practically? If the problem is only theoretical, is it a problem at all? The more relevant posts are very easy to find even if there are also posts that are off-topic. Wouldn't it just be easier for you and the posters if everybody was able to express their views in the thread that they're commenting on? Even the irrelevant posts were comments on the posts written by other posters in this thread.

C'mon, this thread is to talk about Morrissey's statement issued on 12 July 2013.

However, you keep complaining about negative comments posted which is off-topic.

You can talk about it in User rudeness complaints thread in site feedback forum.

Last edited:
But how are they getting in the way of conversation? I mean, are they really a problem? Practically? If the problem is only theoretical, is it a problem at all? The more relevant posts are very easy to find even if there are also posts that are off-topic. Wouldn't it just be easier for you and the posters if everybody was able to express their views in the thread that they're commenting on? Even the irrelevant posts were comments on the posts written by other posters in this thread.

Do you know that David has dealt with these exact complaints ad nauseam? We have all heard it before. Nothing is going to change. It is his site. He has designed it and moderates it to run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

It is a little arrogant for you to tell him his way is wrong and that you know the right way.

You are acting like a bully... the very thing you claim to abhor.

C'mon, this thread is to talk about Morrissey's statement issued on 12 July 2013.

However, you keep complaining about negative comments posted which is off-topic.

You can talk about it in User rudeness complaints thread in site feedback forum.

As a utilitarian I just simply don't see the problem with off-topic posts. So they are off-topic. So what? Isn't almost all human communication pretty off-topic?

And how is this relevant in terms of Morrissey's recent statement:

Morrissey's become just a useless old idiot that should understand that nobody's interested in him anymore. Anyone who doesn't see this is a moron.

I don't get the people that actually still like this guy. Are you retarded?

These threads are full of posts like this particular one, and they don't really have much to do with the actual thread. They could have been posted anywhere.

Somebody said that the off-topic posts must be moved because otherwise people will eventually go crazy and start posting nonsense and 'gif wars'. If this happens, the nonsense and the gif wars can be moved. Quite simple, really.

Do you know that David has dealt with these exact complaints ad nauseam? We have all heard it before. Nothing is going to change. It is his site. He has designed it and moderates it to run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

It is a little arrogant for you to tell him his way is wrong and that you know the right way.

I understand. And I agree; it is arrogant.

You are acting like a bully... the very thing you claim to abhor.

I hope not. If so, I'll try to analyse my behaviour.

I think that would be a good idea. Put yourself in David's shoes. Try to see how he must be feeling. He is trying to hold down a job... but at the same time, take time to answer your questions and deal with your complaints... ones which he has heard and answered too many times to count... over the years. And to his credit, he is always patient and gracious.

Your gangbusters approach may have popped up some ears... initially. But it is getting redundant. And may backfire on you. You don't want to be seen as a bully, do you.

That is how you are appearing.

Give it a rest. Remove yourself from the mission. Rethink it. Then return with a little humility. :)

As a utilitarian I just simply don't see the problem with off-topic posts. So they are off-topic. So what? Isn't almost all human communication pretty off-topic?

And how is this relevant in terms of Morrissey's recent statement:

Morrissey's become just a useless old idiot that should understand that nobody's interested in him anymore. Anyone who doesn't see this is a moron.

I don't get the people that actually still like this guy. Are you retarded?

These threads are full of posts like this particular one, and they don't really have much to do with the actual thread. They could have been posted anywhere.

Somebody said that the off-topic posts must be moved because otherwise people will eventually go crazy and start posting nonsense and 'gif wars'. If this happens, the nonsense and the gif wars can be moved. Quite simple, really.

Wouldn't your defiance of the moderator's & administrator's wishes by continuing to post the same off-topic material in a thread they asked you not to continue posting it in be considered "trolling"?

I see right through you. You've decided to defy the moderators because you want a larger audience than the Site Feeback section offers. You're no better than people like me...you just hide what you are.

Wouldn't your defiance of the moderator's & administrator's wishes by continuing to post the same off-topic material in a thread they asked you not to continue posting it in be considered "trolling"?

I see right through you. You've decided to defy the moderators because you want a larger audience than the Site Feeback section offers. You're no better than people like me...you just hide what you are.

Look up English dictionary.

4CB8X.gif

I think that would be a good idea. Put yourself in David's shoes. Try to see how he must be feeling. He is trying to hold down a job... but at the same time, take time to answer your questions and deal with your complaints... ones which he has heard and answered too many times to count... over the years. And to his credit, he is always patient and gracious.

Your gangbusters approach may have popped up some ears... initially. But it is getting redundant. And may backfire on you. You don't want to be seen as a bully, do you.

That is how you are appearing.

Give it a rest. Remove yourself from the mission. Rethink it. Then return with a little humility. :)

I guess you're right.

I see right through you. You've decided to defy the moderators because you want a larger audience than the Site Feeback section offers.

No. I just simply don't understand what's wrong with off-topic posts. I find the judgement unfair.

You're no better than people like me...you just hide what you are.

This is a possibility. Most people think that they're more moral than they actually are.

I had a similar experience just this morning shufflin' into town but this time with Come Back To Camden. 'There is something I wanted to tell you...' Shivers.

The Mouth Can Rise Again! He has to.

We actually do agree occasionally; I was listening to that song on my way to work this morning, thinking that these images that he paints so beautifully with his words (when he is truly inspired to do so) are heart-wrenching. Quarry was actually the album that sent me over the edge; I had loved the Smiths, loved his early solo work; but when I heard Camden, me and my heart, we just knew. I wish he could have made a video for this back in the day. There would not have been a dry eye in the world.

lynnda

Or rather, enabling it. By overlooking it, forgiving it... time and time again... we are giving a person a free pass to behave irresponsibly. We don't know what Morrissey's mental heath status is. My guess is that he is no less adjusted than the majority of us here... or the general population, for that matter.

I for one, know of not one single person, including my biggest cheerleader, my mother, who would allow me to get away with some of the things Morrissey gets away with... without calling me out on it... and expecting me to own up to my mistakes and failures and make the appropriate repercussions to those I have harmed. And believe me, my mom is a loving person, who adores me. But with conditions. There should be conditions.

Blind praise and adulation does not help a person grown and learn. One can argue, it is actually neglect... to let them remain in such a delusional state.

In theory, I would agree; but there are some people who are born with personalities that are difficult from the start; they are introspective, painfully shy, and socially awkward, so how do you force them to change? Do you berate them, threaten them, punish them. These people tend to be the targets of bullies, so do you bully them some more to break their will? There is therapy, but if someone's major problem is an inability to interact with others, there is not likely to be a great deal of open communication going on in that session; then there are drugs, many of which have horrible side-effects, one being an increased chance of suicide in teenagers. It is easy to say that it's wrong to "enable" someone to be different, especially if the behavior seems to be stifling; but what if the alternatives are worse? If Morrissey's parents had somehow managed to 'fix' him, we wouldn't have had his music to discuss. Part of his appeal is that he can articulate on those difficult emotions, that feeling of isolation that many others feel but can't express. I definitely don't think it should be a free pass for all of his behavior; and there are times when I think that he desperately needs someone to pull him aside and say "enough !" I'm just not sure if there is any easy answer for people with this type of personality; and of course, you are right about not knowing for sure about his mental state, aside from what he has stated himself. I guess not being certain of what he is really like adds to the appeal in some way; it definitely fuels some heated debate.

In theory, I would agree; but there are some people who are born with personalities that are difficult from the start; they are introspective, painfully shy, and socially awkward, so how do you force them to change? Do you berate them, threaten them, punish them. These people tend to be the targets of bullies, so do you bully them some more to break their will? There is therapy, but if someone's major problem is an inability to interact with others, there is not likely to be a great deal of open communication going on in that session; then there are drugs, many of which have horrible side-effects, one being an increased chance of suicide in teenagers. It is easy to say that it's wrong to "enable" someone to be different, especially if the behavior seems to be stifling; but what if the alternatives are worse? If Morrissey's parents had somehow managed to 'fix' him, we wouldn't have had his music to discuss. Part of his appeal is that he can articulate on those difficult emotions, that feeling of isolation that many others feel but can't express. I definitely don't think it should be a free pass for all of his behavior; and there are times when I think that he desperately needs someone to pull him aside and say "enough !" I'm just not sure if there is any easy answer for people with this type of personality; and of course, you are right about not knowing for sure about his mental state, aside from what he has stated himself. I guess not being certain of what he is really like adds to the appeal in some way; it definitely fuels some heated debate.

I don't know much about childhood psychological disorders. I mean... I have no first-hand experience... and I am not a clinician. I have read a little, however.

It is my understanding that the jury is out with regard to Morrissey's childhood. Some say he was introverted and a loner. Others claim he was outgoing and had many friends.

The myth of the lonely boy... isolated... hiding out in his bedroom, listening to 60s girl bands, reading Wilde, and writing poetry is a very romanticized history. And, it may in fact be true.

As far as adult onset depression goes, I do know quite a bit about that. And from what I can tell, Morrissey does not suffer with clinical depression. He may have a mood disorder. Perhaps he is a pessimist. I have known a few of those. They just seem to travel in a black cloud. They're never fully swallowed into the dark well, but rather, hover around the edge... for years on end.

Only Morrissey and his doctor(s) know for certain.

I don't mind speculation. But assuming he suffers with clinical depression is a big assumption. And seems to be a convenient tool for the apologist. Not saying you're one.

But... but... even if he does have CD, enabling him does him no good in the long run. I know of two cases where family members are enabling their daughters to live in a perpetual state of chaos and depression. Probably out of fear that they will commit suicide or die from self-harming behaviors associated with their illnesses.

Morrissey is high functioning, compared to those two. If people are enabling Morrissey, what are their motives? Fear of being cut off monetarily or emotionally? Probably.

Last edited:
I think you want to say because your god Moz said it. What a good fan you are. He'll be so pleased.

Yes, this, "He'll be so pleased."
And, going one further, "If you are a good person,
You will become a vegetarian,"
As there is no way around it....
Eventually.
A life is a life.
Don't drop and shatter it,
Like cheap china.
A one becoming many misshapen, sharp-ended swords
Redirected upward....
Delicate Time. xx

Yes, this, "He'll be so pleased."
And, going one further, "If you are a good person,
You will become a vegetarian,"
As there is no way around it....
Eventually.
A life is a life.
Don't drop and shatter it,
Like cheap china.
A one becoming many misshapen, sharp-ended swords
Redirected upward....
Delicate Time. xx
All vegetarians are not good people and all meat eaters are not bad people.
The world is weird and wonderful place. Absolutes do not apply.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom