Morrissey statement on South America tour, food poisoning at TTY: "See the luck I've had"

See the luck I've had - true-to-you.net
12 July 2013

I can't give words to the sorrow I feel at the loss of perfect Peru. Oh, black cloud. After such a victorious and uplifting welcome of Lima love, the contaminated jinx had its way via a simple restaurant meal of penne pasta and tomato. Three hours later, both I, and security Liam have collapsed with a deadly and delirious bedridden disease. Five days of round-the-clock medical supervision just barely controls the corrosively toxic food poisoning. I know my luck too well. Sorrow replaces joy, and in every dream home a heartache. It could only be me.
I have returned to Los Angeles and to the expert supervision of my doctor Jeremy Fine, who assures me that I shall be fine (although not in the gossamer, powdery sense) for our upcoming shows in Argentina and Brazil. I have absolutely no idea where my beloved Chile has gone. In the heat of cancellations and postponements, the humiliation and mortification I feel on a personal level is too mammoth to be measured. If my spirits climb down any lower I could never again find the dignity to stand upright. We all live at the mercy of biological chance, and although I am not one to take refuge in clichés, I repeat my very servile apologies to any and all who back-packed their way to Peru. Alas, the dark shadow made the same journey.
Each year of life brings us nearer to our decline, but I will continue to seek a listener until I'm dead in a ditch.

with all the soul of the world
MORRISSEY
12 July 2013, Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
But hey, the Wonderment that is Realitybites, you're a meat eater are you not?
And you certainly are not a bad person, so explain yourself!

True. And so... you are correct. Absolutes are not absolute. But... if I am making judgements.... having opinions... then absolutes are just dandy. Sort of like, what's not good for the goose, is okay for the gander.

Nah, but I'm just kidding... sort of. :D

And thus by your own reasoning, your own statement does not apply. Are all murderers bad people or just the ones who are criminally responsible? Same thing applies to meat eaters. Homicidal murder is no more egregious than general all around murder.

All vegetarians are not good people and all meat eaters are not bad people.
The world is weird and wonderful place. Absolutes do not apply.

I think that would be a good idea. Put yourself in David's shoes. Try to see how he must be feeling. He is trying to hold down a job... but at the same time, take time to answer your questions and deal with your complaints... ones which he has heard and answered too many times to count... over the years. And to his credit, he is always patient and gracious.

Your gangbusters approach may have popped up some ears... initially. But it is getting redundant. And may backfire on you. You don't want to be seen as a bully, do you.

That is how you are appearing.

Give it a rest. Remove yourself from the mission. Rethink it. Then return with a little humility. :)

this is just so goddamn RICH! lololololololololololol.

True. And so... you are correct. Absolutes are not absolute. But... if I am making judgements.... having opinions... then absolutes are just dandy. Sort of like, what's not good for the goose, is okay for the gander.

Nah, but I'm just kidding... sort of. :D
I understand completely and agree.

And thus by your own reasoning, your own statement does not apply. Are all murderers bad people or just the ones who are criminally responsible? Same thing applies to meat eaters. Homicidal murder is no more egregious than general all around murder.
Yes it is.
Stop being such a damn fool just because you think it is in accord with what Morrissey thinks.
This is so daft I will not continue.
You may have the last word.

Tomb it may concern,

At times it has been questioned whether I, or others like me, can find nothing wrong in what Morrissey does or says.
I can only speak for myself of course, and the answer is yes, I can.
I cringe and look away in horror as much as anybody with a functioning brain every time Morrissey makes a statement full of hyperbole and almost devoid of factual content.

I choose not to pass comment on these statements, much in the same way as I tend not to pass comment when Morrissey does something worthy of praise, and by that I mean every time he releases a studio album or produces a memorable gig.

The last few years, since the release of YOR in fact, have no doubt been difficult, what with the lack of a recording contract and the almost incessant re-releases, coupled with the sensationalist statements, illnesses, gig cancellations, etc.

But…

I simply cannot and will not ever forget what this man has given us over a span of 26 or so years, from the release of Hand In Glove to the release of his most recent studio album.

I am aware that some people find his last two or three studio albums to be sub-par, well that’s not the case for me. Do I like Ringleader Of The Tormentors as much as I like The Queen Is Dead? No, I don’t, but I still like it a lot.
Taste is a subjective thing, let’s not forget, and there have been people complaining about the quality of his most recent release ever since he started recording as a solo artist, with the exceptions of Viva Hate, Your Arsenal and Vauxhall and I perhaps.

Some of the lyrics and music in recent years may not be quite what they used to be, yet, every album he releases still sounds much better (to my ears) than most of the alternatives available. This statement is also highly subjective of course, and may be difficult to agree with by some, but the thing is I simply love the sound of Morrissey’s singing voice.

So, what is my point?
My point is that I, like many, believe that Morrissey is the greatest lyricist of his generation and The Smiths are the best band in the history of music, but nothing lasts forever.
I do happen to believe that Morrissey has one or two good albums left in him, and we may or may not ever get to hear them, but it doesn’t really matter anyway, whatever happens in the future, or indeed the present, will never erase what he has given us all in the past.
If Morrissey decides to go into a recording studio and release a new album, I will welcome it with open arms, if he doesn’t, I will cherish his hefty back catalogue until the day I die.
He doesn’t owe us anything and never did, we have no right to continue demanding.

These are my views and opinions on Morrissey, in case anybody here is at all interested.

I will probably be ridiculed for writing these words, I more than half expect it.

Thank you for reading.

Marc / Irregular Regular

Thank you for sharing this beautifully written, heart-felt statement; and you are not alone in your sentiment. Anyone who has been to a concert recently clearly sees that Morrissey still has a strong fan base that feels emotionally connected to him. The problem with this site is that if you state your continued admiration for the man, you are labeled a sycophant, which is completely inaccurate. As you stated, most of us have acknowledged that the man is far from perfect; we just choose to focus on the lyrics that he's given us, rather than his recent public commentary. Life is hard, and if Morrissey music gives a person some measure of comfort, I can't understand why other people seem determined to take that away. Most people engage in some form of escapism; whether it's playing sports, video games, drinking heavily after work, drugs, etc. There are much more dangerous vices than listening to Morrissey. Don't get discouraged by the hate that is spewed around here. Did you ever see the movie Mean Girls? Some people find great joy in spreading misery.

lynnda

Yes it is.
Stop being such a damn fool just because you think it is in accord with what Morrissey thinks.
This is so daft I will not continue.
You may have the last word.

^^^ Yeah! His argument is illogical. No use wasting time trying to reason with him.

Re:

!Viva Hate! said:
Squint and it might be easier...
"Turn your head and cough" always works best for me...

Would you able to remember to use multi-quote function, please?

First of all, click "+ (the icon on the right to Reply with quote) and click reply with quote to the last quote.

Before clicking "post quick reply", you can review your post clicking "Go Advanced".

Thank you very much.

Re:

Would you able to remember to use multi-quote function, please?

First of all, click "+ (the icon on the right to Reply with quote) and click reply with quote to the last quote.

Before clicking "post quick reply", you can review your post clicking "Go Advanced".

Thank you very much.

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what mods are for

For good posts and bad posts
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what mods are for

:love: U Kewpie! :)

Saying you're sorry is not enough. I'm from Chile and I've listened to your music from your perfomance at Viña del Mar Festival and I became huge fan. I travelled to another ity far from mine to buy the tickets for me and my wife to see you there. Then you say you don't know what is going to happen? I don't know man, but you should be man enough to do what you said and not just apologyze with beautiful words like a little girl.

Actually some people no longer support Morrissey, they are internet trolls.

They only come here to vent.

All the registered users are able to put some users and anonymous posters on ignore.

I respectfully disagree with this. I have enjoyed his music for years... at this point the first show I ever went to was over twenty years ago. However, it seems like the same old same old all the time. After awhile when you hear of cancellations and short shows you become apathetic to the excuses. If another performer cancels a show I am curious as to why. Morrissey cancels so many shows, throws a tantrum and leaves or there is always "something" that prevents him from preforming that it becomes the standard.

Saying you're sorry is not enough. I'm from Chile and I've listened to your music from your perfomance at Viña del Mar Festival and I became huge fan. I travelled to another ity far from mine to buy the tickets for me and my wife to see you there. Then you say you don't know what is going to happen? I don't know man, but you should be man enough to do what you said and not just apologyze with beautiful words like a little girl.

Keep hold of your money Alan.
The wheel is going to fall off the bus for all remaining shows !!

Ambitious Insider

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom