Morrissey statement on Manchester Attack - Morrissey Official Facebook

Text:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
The question did not mean please give me the location of Morrissey, it meant where the hell was this 'very concerned' person, who felt the need to make a weird statement, when a concert was given in his hometown to commemorate the victims and help their families and the survivors?

Maybe he wasn't invited? Now that would be brilliant, isn't it?
To appear uninvited.
But Sidnette, that statement was given on his birthday when the attack was in Manchester.
He did not say anything, positive or negative about a concert commemorating the victims. People were not thinking about that yet. So how could he comment? Now that would be a very weird statement. I know he made weird statements in the past.

I understand your concern regarding "this very concerned person".
Many expressed doubts about that.
I think that person is still there in the music. But there are more persons then one. There's one in the public eye. One that likes to be contrary and raise debate. To challenge, his fans as well.

I don't care about that, but the Utoya comment right after it happened was unprovoked, hurtful and insensitive.
I can't see nothing more then sorrow and anger in his statement and it doesn't differ much from any other comment I heard from people in Manchester or even England.

Now, with the attack on London people his statement makes even more sense.

The worst statement contest between Manchester's Morrissey and London's Sadistiq Khan is a close call.

Herpes, seriously. Don't you have some more episodes of Teen Mom you can go and watch?

Although Sadiq Khan can f***ing bite me.
I am in fact watching the latest episode tonight on MTV online. I am super excited and Pernilla is too.

giphy.gif

Maybe he wasn't invited? Now that would be brilliant, isn't it?
To appear uninvited.
But Sidnette, that statement was given on his birthday when the attack was in Manchester.
He did not say anything, positive or negative about a concert commemorating the victims. People were not thinking about that yet. So how could he comment? Now that would be a very weird statement. I know he made weird statements in the past.

I understand your concern regarding "this very concerned person".
Many expressed doubts about that.
I think that person is still there in the music. But there are more persons then one. There's one in the public eye. One that likes to be contrary and raise debate. To challenge, his fans as well.

I don't care about that, but the Utoya comment right after it happened was unprovoked, hurtful and insensitive.
I can't see nothing more then sorrow and anger in his statement and it doesn't differ much from any other comment I heard from people in Manchester or even England.

Now, with the attack on London people his statement makes even more sense.

I think he would love to 'appear uninvited'.

I meant whenever I try to find out what the thing that people can only say in private is, all I hear is that the terrorists are muslim. The thing is we all know the terrorists are muslim, so what's the big secret?
(The only question is what is done to stop it).

Who knows?

England shouldn't be controlled by Muslims anyway, I live near Bolton an believe me they have turned parts of Bolton into something which resembles downtown Delhi, its a Lancashire mill town FFS
What a pile of shit, I also live in Bolton and you exaggerate beyond belief. Why? I don't care to know.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom