Morrissey statement on Manchester Attack - Morrissey Official Facebook

Text:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
She hasn't "just announced it". It's been Tory party policy for seven years, since she became Home Secretary. Which means it's also been her responsibility to achieve it for seven years. But net migration has just carried on rising.

That aside, the implication is clearly that Morrissey hasn't got the slightest clue what Theresa May's immigration policy is. He's just generally full of crap.

Actually the implication could also be that Moz thinks that her policy of reducing the immigration rate while simultaniously creating more immigrants with wars, IS the reason for the attacks. But, of course, this wouldn't fit with, what people believe to be, Morrissey's policies.

Moz = Trump?

You can say anything about them.
But you can't say they are political correct.
That was the force and power by politicians to shut up anybody, anywhere who critisised them.
Clinton with her despicable name- calling of the deployables.
They were all racists, fascists, nazi's, poor, dumb people.
Which in fact they were not.
It doesn't work anymore.

I thought Smiths were an indie band? Like independent thinkers? Have none have you considered why there is absolutely no video of the deaths? Just people running (as programmed). Hoax hoax hoax

Unfortunately many people are saying in private (and all over social media) views I find morally reprehensible. Guess Morrissey is (sort of) reflecting these views. It is known as freedom of speech.

Obviously some of my thoughts strayed to 13 years ago to the day at the MEN arena as I would imagine many people who were in attendance in 2004 did on hearing the tragic news last night. It is natural to project personal experience when such horrors occur. I imagine Morrissey, one of Manchester's most famous sons and also on his birthday, could not help but react.

Noone should got to a joyful event and come back mutilated or worse. So so sad. I really don't think today is a time for political point-scoring.... however that has not stopped certain politicians from grandstanding (whether directly or indirectly - I mean how are you meant to react) in light of this awful event.

Well, ignore it. Maybe it will go away. Proven effect.
By the way, in November 2004 a filmmaker here in Holland was butchered to death for speaking out his mind.
When that happened, from that moment on, many people have stated they'd rather kept their opinions to themselves. They wanted to stay private.
Even many comedians, They didn't have to have any worries when making fun and jokes about the church, protestant or Catholic.
Long live the freedom of speech, especially when you are being threatened to death.

I'm proud that Morrissey had the guts to call out Islamic State. So many 'celebrities' that have no problem openly wishing Trump's death seem to go awfully quiet when it comes to mentioning ISIS in their social media posts. Gutless f***s. If so many folks felt enraged enough to demonstrate against Trumps' travel ban I can't wait to see a march up Whitehall by 100,000+ moderate muslims and their wowser supporters on the left condemning radical islam and their attacks on innocent children........................... yeah on second thoughts I won't hold my breath.

Here are the facts, mass importation of muslims into Europe has not worked. Many many muslims are good people, but there is a growing and dangerous faction of Islam that simply isn't compatible with western values. 52% of Muslims polled in England believe that homosexuality should be outlawed. Let that sink in for a minute. Tensions are now going to escalate even further in Britain and Europe as the breath and power of these attacks grows. Special Forces are already at breaking point in Britain and this is only the beginning. And for those that say we have to 'live with it' i ask why? I remember living in England in the late 90's the IRA threat was gone and London was a relatively peaceful place. My point is it IS possible to live in a large city without an ongoing terror threat.

I don't think arguing whether Morrissey criticizing politicians at a tragic time like this is out of line (both sides make valid points) but now that the statement is out there, are we really not on his side with at least the point about the Queen's rain-or-shine-or-death garden do ffs?

I don't know. There are lines of thought that would say to react and change your plans is giving terrorists what they want. The ability to affect you and your way of life. Many public figures see it as a responsibility to show strength by not changing and that the populace will go on as they will despite terrorists efforts to rattle them with violence. I dont know what went on at the event but to mention or make tribute to get victims would have been appropriate but to cancel and do nothing but make a statement would have given the terrorists a victory

And for those that say we have to 'live with it' i ask why? I remember living in England in the late 90's the IRA threat was gone and London was a relatively peaceful place. My point is it IS possible to live in a large city without an ongoing terror threat.
And how did that happen?
It's not like the UK stopped Irish immigration.

A clash of civilizations is exactly what these assholes are trying to provoke, to gain legitimacy for their actions within the wider Muslim world. Don't fall for the bait.

I'm proud that Morrissey had the guts to call out Islamic State. So many 'celebrities' that have no problem openly wishing Trump's death seem to go awfully quiet when it comes to mentioning ISIS in their social media posts.

Yeah, no-one ever has a bad word to say about ISIS. :confused:

They need to invent some sort of super sniffer that detects detonator powder in these IED vests. If our cellphone cameras can recognize peoples faces and link to their profiles, why can't cameras detect someone really nervous around crowds? Or my super sniffer idea? I don't f***ing know. I hate all of this.

Also focusing on the Queen is a huge waste of time. She's not in charge of her schedule nor does she really matter. Give it a rest already.

I won't accuse you of anything. People mourn in different ways and when all is said and done, life does go on. Sometimes, the only thing we can do in a helpless situation is laugh. Having said that, I appreciate what you're saying and a little reverence is in order, but this is the Internet not a chapel. Be advised, this is a jungle. When an antelope is killed by a lion, a funeral is not held, rather, life goes on for the other animals. And we are animals, my friend.
I am disgusted and outraged by these events but I also feel very helpless. M and people don't like Trump but I respect his idea to f***ing destroy the shit out of ISIS for this garbage. This is completely unacceptable preying on innocent people at a concert that could've been any one of us. The exception? These were mostly preteen and teenage little girls and perhaps boys. Horrific. But I won't let it ruin my day either. I refuse. For lack of a better term and I'm sorry for being callous, better them than me, sadly. In moments like these, I want to live--most other times, not.

"And we are animals, my friend. "
You forgot to mention Rifke is a bunny.
Hope you don't mind making the little joke and it is not considered rude to victims cause not meant to.
For all the rest of your post I totally agree with you.
Could not be clearer then that. :thumb:

if that is really you Morrissey, you've lost me, a huge fan for 23 years who has stuck by you throughout the years. Hopefully you'll come out and deny. If it is true, never play Scotland again, you and you're BNP views are not welcomed. I for one will be at the front with a Jonny Marr t-shirt asking you go home!
Come back to Scotland anytime moz, you're always welcome, don't listen to this clown, he can't even spell "Johnny"

quando hold your breath and then fart, you might be able to clear your mind

Thanks for the advice! I just farted and held my breath!
O god, now I can see the light!
I was all wrong!
Love will conquer hate!
Open the borders now!
Please forgive me.

What we should be more disturbed about is he finally succumbed to posting on his own facebook account. No! He is getting a lot of press though. I hope it doesn't change his record deal.

Well Morrissey's common sense/ call-to-arms/ brainfart/ alt-truth/ neo-nazi statement has certainly got people talking. Over 50k reactions on his Facebook page and numerous media outlets reporting on it.

I anticipate a True-to-You post detailing how he is trending in the Top 5 on twitter anytime soon

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom