Morrissey statement on HMV "Limited To One Copy Per Customer" stickers - Morrissey Official FB

Ok, we've gone up a notch:

He's 'officially' annoyed now despite any notice or attempt to market the item in a transparent, reasonable way.
Regards,
FWD.

"In our consumer culture, the Smiths new release of The Queen is Dead single was oddly racked at HMV with a sticker on the front that states:

Limited To One Copy Per Customer.

not unlike a Smoking Will Seriously Damage Your Health warning.

This sticker was not requested by the Smiths, and cannot be found on any other HMV stock, and therefore exists for The Queen is Dead only.

But why is it there?

An attempt to freeze sales is, of course, an overwhelming insult to the Smiths ... as if artistic freedom must struggle in our current culture of banality ... as if only counterfeit emotions may apply.
The Queen is Dead is also the only song currently in the UK top ten that has not been played on radio, and yet still sits at #4 on today's sales chart. Over thirty years since their death, and the Smiths are still thought too radical for the slow reader! It is evident, to me at least, that music audiences must only feel and think the very same thing at all times.

Freud: "There is no such thing as an accident."

If you are in possession of seven variable wigs, a box containing false noses, multiple-sized plastic clip-on ears, a nurse outfit, a set of stilts, a Superman cape, and a variety of oddly shaped spectacles, then we urge you to use them now and buy as many copies of The Queen is Dead at HMV as you desire.

MORRISSEY
17 June 2017."

Perhaps he could explain why it wasn't racked a year ago!?
IMHO - given the record store day response to new material , HMV are channelling the same ethos. Simple as that - no conspiracy.

40250_stickers.jpg

UPDATE June 22:
Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The obvious question is, why didn't Warners just press more of the things in the first place?

The obvious question is, why didn't Warners just press more of the things in the first place?

1. Warner could not estimate the demand, so to be on the safe side and avoid all costs of not sold items decided to limit the production.
Or:
2. Warner did not estimate the demand at all and it was decided from the beginning it was limited but at a higher price per item.
As they thought they would make more money with that.

For Moz either option would not make any difference if the deal was he got a pre negotiated amount anyway.
Speculation on my part.

He's always been paranoid. 'Autobiography' is shot through with a streak of paranoia, as he's clearly terrified everyone is plotting against him - Johnny Marr, the rest of the band, Geoff Travis, Joe Moss, John Porter, etc. It's a fundamental part of his psychological make-up, but I'm not sure he is even aware of it. In Morrissey's world, everything is part of a conspiracy against him.

It sucks, but at this stage, I really don't think someone saying "chill out and stop being so paranoid, mate" is going to have any effect - he's too set in his 'everybody's out to get me' way of thinking.

It's one thing to be paranoid, but Morrissey lacks the basic self-awareness to do this crap privately in the first instance.

Morrissey Accuses HMV Of Trying To ‘Freeze Sales’ Of New ‘Queen Is Dead’ Vinyl Singles.
One day after new 12-inch and 7-inch singles of The Smiths' "The Queen Is Dead" went on sale at U.K. retailers, Morrissey is accusing the HMV chain of “an attempt to freeze sales” by limiting purchases of the new vinyl editions to one copy per person — and he’s urging fans to don silly costumes and buy as many copies “as you desire.”

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/06/17/oh-hey-morrissey-has-something-to-say/

Perhaps that site should fact check - 31st anniversary not 30th. Just that fact probably explains all his behaviour around this record and its release/marketing.
Regards,
FWD.

No Joyce? No Rourke? No TQID. The contributions these two made to every song by the Smiths is undeniable. You ball-washing Moz apologists are clueless. You don't even know what you're listening to.

All I did was post his tweets? What about that makes me a Moz apologist? There is not one word of my own in that.
d5a.png

Dear gawd...

There seems to be something wrong with your spelling my dear George. You of all people! :eek:

Don't tell me you start believing in some upper creature and begging it to turn all and everything for the good of mankind.
If there is such a being it is a sadistic, evil force putting many people in misery and abusing his almighty power.
Thinking about that, I still hope you are OK by yourself!
Cheers! :thumb:

Morrissey The Bell-End Curve Of His Career:

& it continues......erm...it's hard to think of anything other than......*smfh*

This dick thinks he can spend 30 plus years as a tribute artist to The Smiths (why no capital on 'The')?

Further, he is so totally delusional that he thinks he is/was 'The Smiths' rather than just 25% of that 'radical Art Collective'.

And to top it all, in a time of random terror he thinks anybody other than his delusional Cult Fans give a toss about the sales of a decades old relic to a bunch of tosspots who probably don't even have a Dansette?

Presumably he's won back the right to an income stream from recordings by 'The Smiths', or has settled his debts with The Drummer & The Bass Guitar player? Who even cares anymore other than to rubberneck and LOL at all this nonsense?

best wishes
BrummieBoy
Nottingham - 'Music Non-Stop: Techno-Pop'

Today I was in Bristol giving the university a once over along with Mrs B and our eldest.
Called in at the local indie record store to check out this so called limited edition 7", 12" re-issued, re-packaged, rare as rocking horse shit Smiths release :rolleyes:.
4kin shitloads in stock :eek:.
Young Benny (who without my influence really digs The Smiths )
" Dad would you like me to get them for you, for Father's Day ? "
My reply was don't waste yer 4kin money Son :highfive:.

I could have bought the entire shop stock and listed them on EBay but couldn't be arsed because there is NO DEMAND and that is why HMV have resorted to limited availability gimmick stickers.

It's only fair to say that with all the terrible headlines lately in the UK and the lack of interest in an old Smiths record Kate Middleton must surely have a lot to answer for.

Lots of love and best wishes/kisses also to our adopted daughter Ariana Grande :bow:
Congratulations at being made an " Honorary Mancunian "

Poor Steve ! L O L :rofl:

THE SMITHS ARE DEAD !
STEVE SAID SO YEARS AGO !

DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY KIDS.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
(Now back safe and well in the Shire)

Another Bullseye, Benny!

My son's just finished at Bristol...he did a degree in philosophy but is now a trendy DJ. Was there on Saturday night to see Kraftwerk at C***ton Hall, boiling hot, we stayed up all night clubbing. Felt like a nipper again but feel it in my joints since!

Your offspring will LOVE Bristol, it's truly one of the world's greatest cities. Living in The Shire, it's where we go for some serious RnR alongside Brum. People think Bansky is a person, a bloke, but that's just nonsense. He/She/It/They are a Massive Atttack of a radical art's collective stretching from Brisll to Brum. We've never met them but we know there's far more to 'Banksy' than meets the eye...Ditto Bristol: it's a secret city. All the best, mt8 and Carry On Mocking-Moz'!!!!

best
BB
Nottingham

Today I was in Bristol giving the university a once over along with Mrs B and our eldest.
Called in at the local indie record store to check out this so called limited edition 7", 12" re-issued, re-packaged, rare as rocking horse shit Smiths release :rolleyes:.
4kin shitloads in stock :eek:.
Young Benny (who without my influence really digs The Smiths )
" Dad would you like me to get them for you, for Father's Day ? "
My reply was don't waste yer 4kin money Son :highfive:.

I could have bought the entire shop stock and listed them on EBay but couldn't be arsed because there is NO DEMAND and that is why HMV have resorted to limited availability gimmick stickers.

It's only fair to say that with all the terrible headlines lately in the UK and the lack of interest in an old Smiths record Kate Middleton must surely have a lot to answer for.

Lots of love and best wishes/kisses also to our adopted daughter Ariana Grande :bow:
Congratulations at being made an " Honorary Mancunian "

Poor Steve ! L O L :rofl:

THE SMITHS ARE DEAD !
STEVE SAID SO YEARS AGO !

DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY KIDS.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
(Now back safe and well in the Shire)

giphy.gif

Another Bullseye, Benny!

My son's just finished at Bristol...he did a degree in philosophy but is now a trendy DJ. Was there on Saturday night to see Kraftwerk at C***ton Hall, boiling hot, we stayed up all night clubbing. Felt like a nipper again but feel it in my joints since!

Your offspring will LOVE Bristol, it's truly one of the world's greatest cities. Living in The Shire, it's where we go for some serious RnR alongside Brum. People think Bansky is a person, a bloke, but that's just nonsense. He/She/It/They are a Massive Atttack of a radical art's collective stretching from Brisll to Brum. We've never met them but we know there's far more to 'Banksy' than meets the eye...Ditto Bristol: it's a secret city. All the best, mt8 and Carry On Mocking-Moz'!!!!

best
BB
Nottingham
giphy.gif

The people that had the courage to tell him something about his paranoia and bad decisions are no longer part of his circle of friends or ''employees'' ...
That has been his undoing. He won't listen to advice. In Johnny Marr's letter to Moz he said that he hated the people they had become. I'd say Johnny escaped that trap but Moz never did. Surrounded by yes men it would be hard for anyone to see beyond their self-created world.

So far, The Wild Turkey has purchased copies disguised as Mo The Hawk, Rufus The Funky Chicken, Jacky The Wacky Pterodactyl, The Mighty Sparrow, and The Fantastic Bird.
Had them sucka's fooled every time. :brows:
I'm just thanful the Wild Turkey didn't disguise as a ChickenHawk!

I'm just thanful the Wild Turkey didn't disguise as a ChickenHawk!

But now you ruined another Turkey incognito option for it to buy another item.
But the Turkey does have a great fantasy and is a relaxed and good natured bird. He will forgive you!
I say: Wild Turkey rules!

More missed marketing unfortunately.
They should have sold these on Mporium a week before the record came out:
41O6goJZIlL._SY300_.jpg
- bingo, 2 copies in HMV with no problems :)
Regards,
FWD
Oh & suitable for all:
disguised-turkey.gif

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom