Morrissey statement on French election posted on Gustavo's Facebook

Link to Gustavo's Facebook post on May 4 posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

UPDATE 5:15PM PT:

Amendment added to original post (posted by Ed Wood):

AMENDMENT:

"My statement is that the mainstream media will not objectively or truthfully report on any figure who is not already a part of the political elite. Marine Le Pen is a perfect example of this.
She proves that the BBC or CNN are incapable of reporting without enforcing their own private agenda. Thus, the BBC and CNN do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for. For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

UPDATE May 7:

Facebook post now deleted. Posted earlier by an anonymous person:

Gustavo has edited his post again, and says he is going to take it down shortly:

"Thank you all very much for the support, the opinions, and the attention. They are ALL valid but now, the French people have spoken.
1f37e.png
1f37b.png
. This post is history now and will be taken down soon. If there are any last words, by all means, scream away. If not, I will resume my personal FB with pictures of my dogs and horrible selfies. XO - g"

Media coverage:

Last edited:
he juxtaposed two different opinions on the outcome of the debate, and then made clear that the two networks spread only one. he did not take sides. a neutrally reporting network in a democracy, one would think, should be interested in discussing all opinions before coming to a conclusion and selling a "truth". if this has happened at cnn and the bbc, i don't know.

i'm surprised how quickly people voice allegations of fascism here in this forum, when at the same time in the thread "quesion for davidt" examples of blatant neo-nazi and racist propaganda are accepted and tolerated as part of freedom of speech and trivialized as minor "provocations"

If he was against Le Pen, there's no way he would take this stance.

This post by Moz proves he is nothing but a hypocrite. Nigel Farage, Marine Le Pen and Donald Trump are the f***ing same, riding the wave of anti-immigrant paranoia, with the same obsession with 'fake news'. The only reason he slags off Trump is to keep the Mexican fans on board. I bet he secretly loves Trump. What a f***ing fraud.

If he was against Le Pen, there's no way he would take this stance.

This, 100%. It's no secret how he has constantly bashed Trump in the media and at live shows, yet praises Farage (which is the biggest oxymoron and makes no sense), and champions Le Pen's debating skills. All of the people here that can't see this for what it really is now are just plain stupid, or pulling the wool over their eyes as part of the 'Morrissey can do no wrong' camp.

I just saw pictures of Paris of people in tents in the middle of the city! Wtf? How is this safe or humane? It isn't humane to take in hundreds of thousands of people when they have no hope or jobs. It isn't fair either to the people that already live there. Before you call me racist, my grandparents landed on Elis Island and were questioned, quarantined, changed their name to fit in,and had to prove they had a place to stay and took the first shitty job they could find and were happy about it. Millions came to the US this way. Immigrants were treated like dirt when they came here but they stayed together and worked extremely hard.

I can be wrong but I fear the Brigitte Bardot connection here. Sad news, as even the supporters of le pen admitted how bad she was in this debate.

Let me remind you that the far left, the Bernie supporters, spent 4 months calling Hillary a corporate criminal, then, when they lost, turned on a dime, claiming she lost because she was a woman. LOL
Hillary will blame everyone for her defeat except the true culprit: Bernie Sanders and his loser supporters.

You may think it's a trivial detail, but I always look at people's shoes. I'm a woman and I know how uncomfortable is using high heels or stilettos because I did it, no matter what users say about it. Women would'n submitt to that torture in a world without men's dominance generating the need to please them. When I see a woman wearing high heels, which means juggling to fake the long legs or the height they don't have, I feel the need they have to please the men's society even in that ridiculous detail. A woman with true power has her feets very close to the ground.
Theresa May, Le Pen and others, their power comes from men. They wear stilettos, like slaves used chains.
Not my cup of tea, you know, but this woman has power:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ch-prison-visits-Diamond-Jubilee-pageant.html
Power and someone else's delegate power:
https://pmcfootwearnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/ivanka-trump.jpg
Yes, Le Pen won the debate, not the election. I'd like to know what's behind her and who invented that puppet Macron.

I can be wrong but I fear the Brigitte Bardot connection here. Sad news, as even the supporters of le pen admitted how bad she was in this debate.

Yes, even FN party bods have been on TV struggling to keep a straight face while they call it a "draw".

It's totally bizarre. I watched about half of the debate, and it was obvious that Le Pen was flopping. She was over-aggressive, interrupting for no reason, struggling with her notes. Her explanation of her position on the euro was practically comedy. And then I watched the talking heads afterwards as the poll results came in, and it was overwhelmingly obvious that France was of the consensus that she had performed really badly. So there's no objective basis for saying she won.

Maybe Morrissey's entitled to disagree with the consensus, but he can't criticise the media for reporting it. And even there, he doesn't understand French and probably doesn't know much about French politics. If you don't know what the Loi El Khomri is, who Christian Estrosi is, where Amiens is on a map etc etc, there's an extent to which you won't really have been able to follow the debate. Morrissey probably only watched dubbed highlights or heard about the debate from his right-wing mates in Lausanne. Of all the things, why the f*** he feels qualified to comment on this is a mystery.

So, yes, it's inescapable that it's about his admiration for a lying, crooked racist and her party of lying, crooked racists.

Who the f*** is going to give this perpetual foot-in-mouth crank a recording deal? He has a self-defeating personality disorder. The new management must be choking on their corn flakes. After the Baldwin t-shirt fiasco I would have thought a period of silence on anything remotely to do with race would be a good idea.

I would think record labels love this kind of thing, free publicity.

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
he juxtaposed two different opinions on the outcome of the debate, and then made clear that the two networks spread only one. he did not take sides. a neutrally reporting network in a democracy, one would think, should be interested in discussing all opinions before coming to a conclusion and selling a "truth". if this has happened at cnn and the bbc, i don't know.

i'm surprised how quickly people voice allegations of fascism here in this forum, when at the same time in the thread "quesion for davidt" examples of blatant neo-nazi and racist propaganda are accepted and tolerated as part of freedom of speech and trivialized as minor "provocations"

It's not him talking about the media being balanced it's his statement that she easily won that sounds like support for le pen which is getting him criticism

Yes, even FN party bods have been on TV struggling to keep a straight face while they call it a "draw".

It's totally bizarre. I watched about half of the debate, and it was obvious that Le Pen was flopping. She was over-aggressive, interrupting for no reason, struggling with her notes. Her explanation of her position on the euro was practically comedy. And then I watched the talking heads afterwards as the poll results came in, and it was overwhelmingly obvious that France was of the consensus that she had performed really badly. So there's no objective basis for saying she won.

Maybe Morrissey's entitled to disagree with the consensus, but he can't criticise the media for reporting it. And even there, he doesn't understand French and probably doesn't know much about French politics. If you don't know what the Loi El Khomri is, who Christian Estrosi is, where Amiens is on a map etc etc, there's an extent to which you won't really have been able to follow the debate. Morrissey probably only watched dubbed highlights or heard about the debate from his right-wing mates in Lausanne. Of all the things, why the f*** he feels qualified to comment on this is a mystery.

So, yes, it's inescapable that it's about his admiration for a lying, crooked racist and her party of lying, crooked racists.

'It's totally bizarre. I watched about half of the debate, and it was obvious that Le Pen was flopping. She was over-aggressive, interrupting for no reason, struggling with her notes. Her explanation of her position on the euro was practically comedy.'

Agree, but Trump is not very eloquent to most, and it worked for him.

'Maybe Morrissey's entitled to disagree with the consensus'

everyone's entitled to disagree with the consensus.

'but he can't criticise the media for reporting it'

but anyone could criticize the way they reported it, and he did.

'Morrissey probably only watched dubbed highlights '

maybe, maybe not. 'probably'? well,we don't know.

'or heard about the debate from his right-wing mates in Lausanne.'

really? who are these 'right-wing mates in Lausanne' ? Sounds like 'insider' information, please tell. Just curious.

'Of all the things, why the f*** he feels qualified to comment on this is a mystery.'

I agree.. M just keep your trap shut and make nice records for us to listen to :rolleyes: .. because... World peace is .....

clear.png

Last edited:
'
really? who are these 'right-wing mates in Lausanne' ? Sounds like 'insider' information, please tell. Just curious.

No gossip, sorry. Just thinking about where Morrissey can have got the idea that Le Pen won the debate, if it wasn't from his imagination. It can't have been from watching it, it can't have been from media reports, and I'd prefer not to believe he has a Stormfront account. But he does live in Lausanne, so he probably does rub shoulders with French-speaking Swiss people from time to time. Maybe that's where he got the impression that Le Pen won. And, if so, the people that told him that would have to be right-wing.

No gossip, sorry. Just thinking about where Morrissey can have got the idea that Le Pen won the debate, if it wasn't from his imagination. It can't have been from watching it, it can't have been from media reports, and I'd prefer not to believe he has a Stormfront account. But he does live in Lausanne, so he probably does rub shoulders with French-speaking Swiss people from time to time. Maybe that's where he got the impression that Le Pen won. And, if so, the people that told him that would have to be right-wing.

don't know, lots of speculation there. I take it simply as him watching the debate and liking her style, maybe he even felt some empathy for her and it resonated with him, for he knows what it's like to be in a situation where one needs to defend their position, regardless of her ideas. I do feel it's possible for some to put oneself in another humans shoes and then as he did, express their disappointment with the outcome. People usually say.. he should do what he does best .. and I feel that this is an example of just that.

'you're just another who has maddening view...'

clear.png

Last edited:
Despite all the careful failure to clarify anything in his second post, Morrissey can't really claim that she 'easily won' the argument without admitting that he agreed with her - clearly, if he thought she was talking a pile of steaming baboon shit, he'd have said as much, and wouldn't have rushed to her aid.

Morrissey has consistently been pro-nationalism, since the days of the Smiths. I think he wants England to be English, and France to be French. As he sees it, he want protect their culture from the tide of immigrants washing across Europe. Many millennials don't believe in the concept of borders at all, and want Europe to be some vast melting pot of humanity, so the fact that he holds these views is obviously going to be hard for them to accept. We also live in crazily polarised times, where according to if you don't believe in the total freedom of movement for everyone, you are immediately called a racist and a Nazi.

It is ironic though, that despite his bashing of Donald Trump, these calls about 'fake news' and untrustworthy mainstream media do actually sound EXACTLY like the sort of shit Trump would say.
Best post so far.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom