Morrissey statement / Lisbon, Portugal booked (Oct. 6)

Seriously, what other singer goes on a website rambling about whatever is pissing him off at the moment, or to thank fans for making videos? He's one of a kind.

The bit about not being invited on television made me sad. Shouldn't his PR person have contacted networks directly, or does it not work that way?

^^^^^
And you have heard the new album, right? Other than "Mountjoy" - where are those English & Irish themes?

They shouldn't allow him access to the internet while he is adjusting to his new meds.

For the animals, for intellectual sanity, for magical rainbows and fairy dust....

Holy crap dude... you made me laugh out loud with that! Brilliant!

Chart positions, meat-eating and the Royal Family. Does he ever talk about anything else?

This is his best missive on TTY, ever. Everything he says rings true. Bush and Blair are war criminals who should have met the same end as Saddam. I love MORRISSEY and I believe in him, we have found a kindred spirit, a pop soul mate. I believe MORRISSEY devotees share an essence, an "it" factor that one cannot put a finger on. If you have met him, and you share this essence, you will know it when you shake his hand, give him a hug, or lock eyes with him in laser-like precision. If you have not met him, his music touches you just the same. Straight, gay, bi, it doesn't matter - the connection with this man is undeniable. He understands us. We understand him. As for Israel, as a Muslim-American, albeit a rather secular one, I should be the most pissed off person on this website. But you know what? I don't give a flying f*** in the same way some may be quick to condemn. And I'll tell you why. A Jew, a Zionist, the people of Israel, and the Government of Israel are not one and the same. When he thanks "friends in Israel" do you think he is thanking the Government who is bombing the people of Palestine? No. He is thanking the fans who bought "World Peace..." If I cannot have a dialogue with my Jewish friends, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing. Without hope, we may as well pray for the nuclear bombs to drop on our heads now. If you hate, or better stated if there is absolutely no love in your heart for MORRISSEY, perhaps this is not the place to be. We don't talk about it much here, but those distinctly British themes he sang about went by the wayside after "Maladjusted" because MORRISSEY left England for Los Angeles (gasp!), Rome, etc. And those themes are not coming back, ever. MORRISSEY belongs to the world - and from Lisbon to Istanbul to Jakarta, the world is richer for it. Look into your heart, be grateful, you are privy, you are a witness to The Last of the Famous. There has never been anyone like him and there will never be. He is no less than Elvis and The Beatles - and how incredibly beautiful it would have been to live in those times. Smiths Is Dead. Long live MORRISSEY.

- Ghoul
5 August 2014
Parts Unknown

This is gorgeous. Every word.

This is gorgeous. Every word.

That does not mean much from someone who thinks WPINOYB has some of Morrissey's strongest lyrics of his career. This release is full of the same drivel that he has churned out over the most recent years.

Morrissey has become exactly what he rallied against years ago--a bitter old pop star trying to cling to some sort of relevance.

Chart positions, meat-eating and the Royal Family. Does he ever talk about anything else?

Fan-made videos, social media, liberty, equality, fraternity, war crimes, repression, non-violence, intellectual sanity, lack of television invitations, and a forthcoming concert, apparently.

That does not mean much from someone who thinks WPINOYB has some of Morrissey's strongest lyrics of his career. This release is full of the same drivel that he has churned out over the most recent years.

Morrissey has become exactly what he rallied against years ago--a bitter old pop star trying to cling to some sort of relevance.

But what you have to say means much, FAN? You can't even handle the concept of subjectivity.

Re: Morrissey statement - TTY - August 5th

What do you propose? Acting like that idiot Obama and kneeling and kissing the ass of Islamists who want to kill all Americans?

No, that's an either/or fallacy. Also, Obama has killed so many people with drone attacks. Why do you think I like him better? Because you stereotyped me as a "liberal." I guess this means you don't yet understand, there is no longer a difference between democrats and republicans. There is only one political party in America and it's' the corporations. They bought both sides.

(You really do sound like a psychopath though with your nonchalant attitude toward killing.)

No, that's an either/or fallacy. Also, Obama has killed so many people with drone attacks. Why do you think I like him better? Because you stereotyped me as a "liberal." I guess this means you don't yet understand, there is no longer a difference between democrats and republicans. There is only one political party in America and it's' the corporations. They bought both sides.

(You really do sound like a psychopath though with your nonchalant attitude toward killing.)

What next--gay marriage?

Morrissey writes that "it's not natural, normal, or kind" about eating meat, correct? So, how is anything other than man and woman natural or normal?

It is not natural--there would be no offspring--no matter what you argue.

You all choose the arguments and words that meet your agendas, and anything other than that is classified as homophobic or intolerant. Give me a break.

What next--gay marriage?

Morrissey writes that "it's not natural, normal, or kind" about eating meat, correct? So, how is anything other than man and woman natural or normal?

You all choose the arguments and words that meet your agendas, and anything other than that is classified as homophobic or intolerant. Give me a break.

Offspring....maybe there are too many them. Who cares about gay marriage...they want love too.

I'm a little tired of all of this man, I'll give you a break.....

This is his best missive on TTY, ever. Everything he says rings true. Bush and Blair are war criminals who should have met the same end as Saddam. I love MORRISSEY and I believe in him, we have found a kindred spirit, a pop soul mate. I believe MORRISSEY devotees share an essence, an "it" factor that one cannot put a finger on. If you have met him, and you share this essence, you will know it when you shake his hand, give him a hug, or lock eyes with him in laser-like precision. If you have not met him, his music touches you just the same. Straight, gay, bi, it doesn't matter - the connection with this man is undeniable. He understands us. We understand him. As for Israel, as a Muslim-American, albeit a rather secular one, I should be the most pissed off person on this website. But you know what? I don't give a flying f*** in the same way some may be quick to condemn. And I'll tell you why. A Jew, a Zionist, the people of Israel, and the Government of Israel are not one and the same. When he thanks "friends in Israel" do you think he is thanking the Government who is bombing the people of Palestine? No. He is thanking the fans who bought "World Peace..." If I cannot have a dialogue with my Jewish friends, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing. Without hope, we may as well pray for the nuclear bombs to drop on our heads now. If you hate, or better stated if there is absolutely no love in your heart for MORRISSEY, perhaps this is not the place to be. We don't talk about it much here, but those distinctly British themes he sang about went by the wayside after "Maladjusted" because MORRISSEY left England for Los Angeles (gasp!), Rome, etc. And those themes are not coming back, ever. MORRISSEY belongs to the world - and from Lisbon to Istanbul to Jakarta, the world is richer for it. Look into your heart, be grateful, you are privy, you are a witness to The Last of the Famous. There has never been anyone like him and there will never be. He is no less than Elvis and The Beatles - and how incredibly beautiful it would have been to live in those times. Smiths Is Dead. Long live MORRISSEY.

- Ghoul
5 August 2014
Parts Unknown

Thumbs up for this one, BG. I honestly refuse to give up on ol’ Moz, and am glad there are others with me. I feel like Bart Simpson when Krusty The Clown gets framed for robbery and he’s the only one who believes he’s innocent, sometimes. Glad to know I’m not alone.

What next--gay marriage?

Spoken like a true homophobe.

It occurs NATURALLY in at least 10 percent (or more) of the population. So does left-handedness, among other things. Just because something may not exist among the MAJORITY, does not make it unnatural.

As for your last part, I don't buy that the purpose of intimacy is solely to breed. It can be used for that by straights if they want to, but they can also chose not to. So is the love of two straights who choose NOT to breed (or medically can't have kids) "unatural" too, in your eyes?

As far as anyone, gays or straights, not having offspring, that isn't such a bad thing as the world is overpopulated by humans anyway - and if someone wants children and can't have their own, there is nothing nobler than adoption.

Give me a break. So now the great one wants to sit on his high throne and pontificate about how wrong things are in the world. Sure, he bashes George Bush because his actions and views do not agree with theirs. Can't Morrissey be mature enough to advocate change through dialogue rather than calling for such a ridiculous thing as prison time for Blair and Bush? Next he will take action at Reagan--the greatest word leader in the Cold War era.

Morrissey's liberal views are so close to being militant that he really has zero credibility with the majority of level headed individuals. I do not sit here and slag Morrissey because of his liberal views--rather the way he takes aim at those who disagree with him. He puts them down and attacks their intelligence and intellect.

I am a true conservative, and I am very proud of it. If by some odd twist of fate I agreed with Morrissey's views, I would not advocate such absurd ramblings and drunken monologues.

In looking at news logically, CNN and the other major news networks are just as guilty as Fox News for the spin put on the stories and what is actually reported, so he should not have gone down that road. Of course, since this is not according to Morrissey's beliefs, he chooses to ignore this.

In closing, as people begin to bash, remember that it is not Morrissey's place to impart his beliefs on others, as he does here by merely making a statement. He is a singer--not very good lately, but that is his job. If he wants to join the political or media circle, he should hang up the microphone and take up the news desk. This is exactly fodder that TRB and his sorry sods will jump into and dissect looking for blue rose and Morrissey's World signs.

I can understand how any conservative would be frustrated with Morrissey's view on politics. We can make this into a debate about liberal vs conservative, however lets drop that. Therefore, this is Morrissey's stage and we are merely spectators. Morrissey opinion on life has always been in his music "Meat is Murder, Queen is Dead" etc... Therefore, I don't understand the problem other than Morrissey not agreeing with your views.

The beauty of being a fan is that we don't have to be a fan. You stated that he doesn't make good music anymore and obviously don't agree with him on his political and world views, then why do you bother being a fan? Why do you bother following news on him? You have every right to move on and disregard him, why don't you?

What do you propose? Acting like that idiot Obama and kneeling and kissing the ass of Islamists who want to kill all Americans?

So, in other words, the only two options you see are: (a) kill everybody or (b) kiss the ass of the "Islamists."

Your depths are so shallow I don't think it technically qualifies as thinking.

i was with him up until..."Thank you to all of my friends in Israel".

Sorry. you lost me there.

how can you write a song like mountjoy and then thank your friends in israel?
i doubt behan or the many executed would be in support of israel.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom